TruthSeeker47

Can the ego ever be good?

80 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

I was wondering, what if the ego accepts death? I know for the most part it fiends control and tries to manipulate me but I realized that if what i think I am is an ego, and I embrace death through meditation wouldn't that mean that my ego is working with me?

The ego lives in opposite, such as good / bad. So of course it can be”good” or “bad”. That’s how the ego loves to frame the conversation!

@Serotoninluv By good or bad I mean that it does or doesn't fight it's death

@Nahm I'm not sure about this one, I am aware which makes me alive but i guess it also is a thought

1 minute ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Serotoninluv By good or bad I mean that it does or doesn't fight it's death

My ego fought like hell and still does to some extent.

@TruthSeeker47 Keep goin.

You are stating your awareness is what makes you alive?

Notice your heart is beating without your awareness. You’re breathing without your awareness. Your cells are dying and dividing without your awareness. Even as you read this your brain is reorganizing to accommodate and assimilate the information, without your awareness. 

Yet, you state your awareness is what makes you alive? 

Were you born?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I am the awareness that is aware of my body, I was born I think when I first became aware

Edited by TruthSeeker47

7 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Serotoninluv What do you define an ego as?

Hard to define. . . 

I’d say it is the character with a story that appears within consciousness 

@Serotoninluv Well thats pretty much my definition too, Should I trust the character if he tells me that he accepts death?

@Nahm I don't remember but when I get up from sleep it's kind of like my awareness just pops into existence, birth may have been similar

6 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Serotoninluv Well thats pretty much my definition too, Should I trust the character if he tells me that he accepts death?

The character appears and disappears within consciuosness,  just like everything. The character has no more relevance than an apple that appears in consciousness.

Why give the self character any more relevance than a character that appears in a movie?

@Serotoninluv Because my awareness is attached to the self and I have not yet experienced any proof that I am different from the self, although i do believe this to be true

"look at any legend of enlightened persons. There was always a character there."

19 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Serotoninluv Because my awareness is attached to the self and I have not yet experienced any proof that I am different from the self, although i do believe this to be true

Very nice. You are aware of your stage.

Sometimes when I listen to nondual teachers, they say something like “at an early stage, the self may appear as. . . “ And I think “Omg! That’s right where I’m at!!”. It’s cool being somewhere others have passed

@Nahm  Your self inquiry is awesome. Thought creates reality. Not awareness. In my experience.

Sorry to interrupt @TruthSeeker47  but this self inquiry stuff is really interesting.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Nahm  Your self inquiry is awesome. Thought creates reality. Not awareness. In my experience.

Sorry to interrupt @TruthSeeker47  but this self inquiry stuff is really interesting.

Got to self inquire?