Ether

Why do yogis do Mahasamādhi? (leave their body)

40 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ether said:

But if happiness is free from circumstances and if that is so, you can feel happy and peace in every situation, why not endure the physical pain and keep enjoying life?

Yeah I understand that. Some pains may be to excruciating though. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Ether said:

@Faceless Yes, that is true.

But, awareness heals!

You talking psychological pain? Or physical?

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Faceless Physical

Yeah being strong psychologically helps with the physical but there are limits. My girlfriend works in a hospital she could attest to that. Also I have had a burn accident that was hell to go through. I wasn’t free from self then so it was very difficult. But I only had a small portion of my body burned. But I remeber hearning other people in the burn unit that had over 85% of there bodies burned. Screaming and moaning and such...There are limits if you know what I mean. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Yeah, the body is the mind and body is the mind but there are limits

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Faceless Yeah, the body is the mind and body is the mind but there are limits

?

im with you. 

Embrace all aspects of the happening. Don’t try and skip out to ‘the next best thing’ lol 

The immeasurable does not have to come into being by physical death.

its all about the approach?

Edited by Faceless

10 hours ago, Faceless said:

If that is the case then one still seems to be confined by the limited center. When one has a capacity to enter the realm of the boundless, timeless, and the immense on a daily basis then there is no need for the extinguishing the mortal frame. 

I agree with that

When I read that on Mahasamādhi, the first thing I thought was how did this yogi approach enlightenment. Did they use time as means to the timeless. That kind of outcome of ‘extinguishing the mortal frame’ to permanently establish  absolute unity with the immeasurable source seems like a movment of time was cultivated to capture the infinite nature of perception without the perceiver. 

I agree too, sometimes I post things that I am not completely convinced about them. But as a way to be open to different possibilities I share them anyway. 

I am really not sure what is the idea of leaving the body. I think that once you are enlightened you will see life much more "alive" and you will enjoy more what is now. At the moment. But who knows? They say that they break the cycle of Karma immediately. That's interesting.

-_-

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

29 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

They say that they break the cycle of Karma immediately.

Karma as in action?

31 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I think that once you are enlightened you will see lif

And yes it’s actually starting to live after being dead your whole life up until then.?

3 hours ago, Faceless said:

Karma as in action?

I think so, I am not sure if they have a deeper meaning than this one. But I think that's what they refer to.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse bruh, 2 pages and i still dont know whats the point of leaving one's body

21 minutes ago, Ether said:

@abrakamowse bruh, 2 pages and i still dont know whats the point of leaving one's body

Hahahaha... You don't see the point because for you is pointless. 

But I gave you several reasons in that definition of Mahasamādhi.

According to that it says that Karma is gone. You won't be suffering again in a new incarnation. That's really a good point! You will become God, or one with God. No more samsara.

:)

Here's what Ramana Maharshi said on the subject:

Q: As some sacred texts say that the supreme state is that in which the sense organs and the mind are completely destroyed, how can that state be compatible with the experience of the body and the senses?

A: If that were so there would not be any difference between that state and the state of deep sleep.  Further, how can it be said to be the natural state when it exists at one time and not at another?  This happens, as stated before, to some persons according to their karma (prarabdha) for some time or till death.  It cannot properly be regarded as the final state.  If it could, it would mean that all great souls and the Lord, who were the authors of Vedantic works and the Vedas were unenlightened persons.  If the supreme state is that in which neither the senses nor the mind exists and not the state in which they exist, how can it be the perfect state?  As karma alone is responsible for the activity or inactivity of the sages, great souls have declared  the state of sahaja-nirvikalpa (the natural state without concepts) alone to be the ultimate state.

(The Spiritual Teaching of Ramana Maharshi, p. 35.)

So faceless is right, it is basically cultural prarabdha as I understand it.

So unless you're a very traditional Hindu or something like that, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

(Also, this kind of explains the whole Sadhguru business with this issue.)

Western motto is "more human than human/I want more life, fucker, I ain't done!"  ;)

Edited by Haumea

53 minutes ago, Haumea said:

Imagine you had physical pain or disability AND no fear of death whatsoever.

@Haumea If you live to a ripe old age this too will be part of your experience of reality. It's all part of the ceremony of life. Nurture it spiritually and it will be a fruitful harvest.

@Ether It can happen at certain stages on the path. Relatively advanced by the way, more so than any western non-dual teacher. I assume they either do it because their energies reach a state pushing them towards it and they don't know how to circumvent this, or they feel bound by the body and think mahasamadhi is a liberation they crave. What this points towards is they are not truly liberated, the way Ramana Maharshi was. If you're completely beyond life and death, existence and non-existence, mahasamadhi doesn't make any sense. If you feel constrained by life and the body you still have identifications left.

Anyone can use the Ajna/6th chakra/indigo to have a live astral projection everywhere he/she likes.

The purpose is curiosity like any other thing :)

<3