Truth Addict

Truer than the Truth?

22 posts in this topic

Guys, I've been thinking for a while after reading many times that being is the only existence and that it is primary to consciousness.

Could anyone please give me a brief of explanation about that? Is that another distinction that we make? Am I confusing consciousness with being during my meditation (the no monkey-mind phase)?

All I know is that things are the way they are because they are. Is there anything else more to know about that? What is the maximum understanding that one can reach?

Edited by Truth Addict

Don't ask for verbal explanations. Take a psychedelic and you will know in about 30 minutes what would otherwise requires 5 years of verbal explanations.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

@Truth Addict you're thinking. Spend a lot of time thinking about what thinking IS in your experience

Definitely?

Neither verbal explanations or experiences lead to truth. Truth is not within the realm of mind. You can’t find truth. It has to come to you. And because one thinks they can actually ‘find’ truth is the reason it never happens or the reason it takes years and years if it does. Truth can not be cultivated through the movement of time. 

But this has to be seen for ones self?

Edited by Faceless

@Telepresent

I only recognise it as consiousness. That's why I asked my question in the first place.

@Faceless

Quite interesting, I think I understand that. But I'm digging deeper, is it just a word game?

8 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Telepresent

I only recognise it as consiousness. That's why I asked my question in the first place.

@Faceless

Quite interesting, I think I understand that. But I'm digging deeper, is it just a word game?

Understanding the mind ego/thought and the nature of truth and how truth is non conceptual and can not be approached by demand, motive, volition ‘ego’ and you will get it?

once you go into this deeply the mind will start to quiet and only then is a space in the conditioned space/time field of consciousness cleared for truth to come to you. 

To me it’s good to just investigate all this because it’s interesting 

Dont be so concerned with the result.?

Edited by Faceless

Can it be said that everything that "the ego wants" is wrong? @Faceless ?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

38 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Can it be said that everything that "the ego wants" is wrong? @Faceless ?

Well that is the function of thought/ego ‘to want, to desire, demand, attain, accomplish, and so on. Without the movment of becoming or unbecoming ego/thought looses its function. The ego being a product of thought/mind is always searching for security and permanence of its own movement. So seeing this becomes self evident that anything ego/thought/mind concludes as TRUTH is merely to self sustain and give continuity to the ego itself. To become psychologically secure. And in that movement to become psychologically secure the ego still sustains its continuity because it is actully prepetuating further insecurity therefore giving itself a job or remaining in its actual  and original function. Thought and the ego/center in its very function is to solve problems. If there are no problems it will tend to create problems to be solved. So what I mean is the ego/thought will fuel its own movement by seeking security and will attempt to overcome psychological problems which is its function,  and by that very seeking psychological security creates even more insecurity which only employs its very function and purpose even further. Thought is very tricky and the ego is its slave or disciple Lololo 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless  Thanks, it's really powerful to know that. Nice.

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just now, abrakamowse said:

@Faceless  Thanks, it's really powerful to know that. Nice.

:-)

You already knew that though. Its all there In the book of ourselves. 

:)

5 hours ago, Faceless said:

Understanding the mind ego/thought and the nature of truth and how truth is non conceptual and can not be approached by demand, motive, volition ‘ego’ and you will get it?

once you go into this deeply the mind will start to quiet and only then is a space in the conditioned space/time field of consciousness cleared for truth to come to you. 

To me it’s good to just investigate all this because it’s interesting 

Dont be so concerned with the result.?

Why do you think I don't understand that? I might, but how do you know? Is it the way I'm talking or the question itself?

Then I guess that leaves me with no choice but to do psychedelics. I don't know yet, I don't think I'm ready.

Thanks though. ?

48 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Why do you think I don't understand that? I might, but how do you know? Is it the way I'm talking or the question itself?

Then I guess that leaves me with no choice but to do psychedelics. I don't know yet, I don't think I'm ready.

Thanks though. ?

Sure 

I’m not trying to help you. Embrace what is my friend. 

On 3/30/2018 at 5:31 PM, Truth Addict said:

Guys, I've been thinking for a while after reading many times that being is the only existence and that it is primary to consciousness.

Could anyone please give me a brief of explanation about that? Is that another distinction that we make? Am I confusing consciousness with being during my meditation (the no monkey-mind phase)?

All I know is that things are the way they are because they are. Is there anything else more to know about that? What is the maximum understanding that one can reach?

What do you think the distinction between being and consciousness is?  Why do you think you need to draw such a distinction?  How do these ideas link up to your actual experience in the present moment?

On 3/30/2018 at 8:31 PM, Truth Addict said:

You are the one, so it’s up actually up to you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What do you think the distinction between being and consciousness is?  Why do you think you need to draw such a distinction?  How do these ideas link up to your actual experience in the present moment?

1) I don't know, that's why I'm asking. 

2) I don't know, and I don't think I need. I just read that there is a difference between them on this forum.

3) I don't know, I call my calmest experience of the present moment during meditation: "consciousness".

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

You are the one, so it’s up actually up to you. 

Thank you so much, that helps a lot. ❤️

?

@Truth Addict You betcha.    Think about it for a minute, there’s some real depth there. You’ve always been the one. You’ve never been two. The One can pull off quite an illusion, but it can’t be two - just an appearance of two.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict You betcha.    Think about it for a minute, there’s some real depth there. You’ve always been the one. You’ve never been two. The One can pull off quite an illusion, but it can’t be two - just an appearance of two.

Tell me something I don't know. It's obvious to me, this solipsism. I call it consciousness, you call it being. Is that the difference?

Is there anything else more to know about that? What is the maximum understanding that one can reach?

Just keep meditating, don't worry about understanding it using concepts.  You seem to be on the right track.

Edited by Haumea

On 3/30/2018 at 8:31 PM, Truth Addict said:

Think about the difference in understanding & meaning between a 10 year old boy, and Hugh Hefner, when they simply hear the word “sex”,  as an example.  Direct experience is all that matters. (The rest is bullshit, learned & repeated from a teacher or book, and or beliefs).

What is the maximum understanding one can reach?  The word absolute is used. It leaves no questions. It is, absolute. But of course, this ‘word’ means one thing to someone who has not experienced it, and something completely different (beyond experience - into current identity / Now / nondual “reality”) to another. The word “being” is also of this nature of course. To someone who has not experienced the One Being, the word “being” implys strong nowness / letting go of monkey mind of past / future / etc - as in “just be” or “just being”, “being in the awareness”, like “being present”. To someone who has experienced the One Being, it is a change in identity, which can’t be undone, awareness of what is actually going on here, now, from nothing, to an atom, to the entire cosmos... it has been revealed to them what they actually are, it is blissful, they are not alive, they never die. All worry, doubt and fear are gone, because they have seen exactly how the illusion, and the human being within the illusion, operate. 

Direct experience! Not learned wisdom, not repeatable one liners from anonymous authors, not “humble” egoic passive aggressive facades - direct experience!Get practicing, or hope you get hit by lightening one day. If you do, hope your ego doesn’t assume “done” mode. That is one of the hardest traps. 

Being is beyond existence and non existence. Those are human notions based on the duality. 

The state of samadhi is not Being. (But it’s pretty nice, right!?) It is a state which is in proximity though. Keep that going, and a psychedelic might “pop” a glimpse of Being (perhaps Yoga too, but I wouldn’t know) The practices will really shine, as you’ll integrate that glimpse into regular ol “reality” much more. ❤️❤️❤️

“Consciousness”, imo, is a word not even worth using anymore. It has been used for everything from what Being does / is, to what a brain does. I’d scrap it. 

Saying things are the way they are, because they are, without directly experiencing Being, is a sneaky way of negating. There is no actual answer in that, though it feels like there is. Don’t settle for such bs just because it feels lovely. Keep going until you actually see the “Why”, and have no questions (existentially).

And no, it’s not solipsism. Similar, but again, even just a glimpse will show you the distinction which makes all the difference.