Tearos

Funerals

16 posts in this topic

A tribute and last goodbye to an ego and his vehicle (body).

@Moreira

Why are there emotions like sadness involved? There is nothing sad about it.

Egos are attached to other egos therefore separation equals sadness, are you new to this planet? haha:P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

9 hours ago, Tearos said:

There is nothing sad about it.

Elaborate bro

@Tearos

17 hours ago, Tearos said:

What is the purpose of funerals?

THE ANSWER TO WHICH NOBODY KNOWS :D

@Rilles

8 hours ago, Rilles said:

are you new to this planet? haha:P

Sometimes I feel like I am! Haha ;)

sadness is just the egoism of the one who is alive and wont have the company of the dead anymore. 

18 hours ago, Tearos said:

Why are there emotions like sadness involved?

Deep down we know that we are in the same boat, in the same plight. Death will knock on our door any day.

20 hours ago, Tearos said:

What is the purpose of funerals?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Outer

7 hours ago, Outer said:

It's tradition and culture. You're 17 years old. 5 years ago you were 12 years old, what the heck do you know? LMAO

That's why I am asking, because I don't know the answers :)

@Vipassana

There is nothing sad about an ego leaving a vehicle (the body). That's what we are striving for when we are pursuing Enlightenment, is it not?

@Prabhaker

But death is what makes life beautiful and exciting, is it not? There is nothing bad about death.

8 hours ago, Outer said:

Also you don't go to some random person's funeral. It's probably someone close to you. You're there with everyone close to you and everyone's crying. Completing that chapter of your life.

@Outer

I don't understand where you got this from. I have attended funerals - I just don't get why emotions like sadness are involved in it.

1 hour ago, Tearos said:

But death is what makes life beautiful and exciting, is it not? There is nothing bad about death.

Only few people think like that, for most of the people death is not beautiful. Only few people find nothing bad about death. The moment of death of someone you have loved deeply brings your own death into your mind. 

Zen master who had an equally great disciple, Rinzai more wellknown than his own master. His fame had spread all over Japan. A time came when the Zen master died and thousands of people gathered at the funeral. They were all shocked to see that Rinzai was crying likean ordinary person.

A few close disciples of his master came to Rinzai and said, "It does not look right. Thousands of people are coming and they are getting confused. They don't think a buddha should be crying and weeping, and you are the man who has been saying to them again and again: There is no death and the innermost core lives forever. Then why are you weeping? Your master is not dead, he has only moved from the small body to the universal body of God. So why are you weeping?"

Rinzai wiped his tears and he said, "Listen! This is nobody's business. I live according to my inner feelings, I cannot pretend. When my innermost core has disappeared into the universal. don't care whether people think it right or not. If they don't think that I am enlightened it's okay, but I cannot pretend. I cannot do something which is not really there. And yes, I have said that the soul is immortal and my master has not died, he has disappeared into the universal. That's why I am crying, not crying that he is dead but crying that now I will never be able to see his form. Now he has become formless -- and his body was beautiful. I will never be able to look again into those deep eyes, I will never be able to hold his hand and touch his feet. I have lost his form -- I am crying for his body, for his form; I am not crying for the formless soul. And I am not concerned whether people think me enlightened or unenlightened, that is their business. Who cares?"