littleBIG

I want to live in a car

31 posts in this topic

@littleBIG I wanted to do it because I wanted to sort of explore nature and etc. But I live in the us, and the nature there is inspiring, but its limited and would probably end soon, there's was also just other places I wanted to explore.

I also tend to have a lot of temporary passions, which is sort of annoying but also cool. 

@littleBIG This is an interesting decision. I have casually thought about a minimalist lifestyle but not in a car, maybe in a RV that looks more hidden if I parked in some city. :) I thought of this because I asked myself, "if I didn't have a job or a family to support me, what do I do?" You gotta keep your options open sometimes because just having one or two options may not work. You may want to look into "tiny houses" or "cabins" with public bathrooms. The rent is very low. Then, my mind wondered off to this:

It's not in the US. :) I really want to visit one day to see what's it like. Health insurance is important in the long run. Be careful with your health.

Recently, my friend told me that there are lots of opportunities overseas. For example, if you know English and especially another language, they give you free room and board at a prestigious university. I saw my friend do this. He's in his early 20s. But, of course, there are other opportunities than being a bilingual teacher. 

an alternative to 40 hours a week is , you can work like 20 hours a week + live in car + skateboarding + eating. Btw, there is a limited amount of physical energy a person can have before it becomes unhealthy. 

Edited by Proactive

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck

This has been in the back of my mind for quite some time now. Sounds like an adventure but your're still going to need some source of income for a car, insurance, gas, general car maintenance, unexpected repairs, food, phone, etc. You're going to need money to survive out there, you can't just live in a car and skate all day. You could possibly make this work if you already have some money saved up, live a very minimalist life, and work part time.    

@Girzo Already read that book, it tells me I need to start a business to make money and how it works, but i dont have anything to offer in a business yet. What'd I miss?

@Moreira @nightrider1435 I don't plan to just not work :D Im going to work part time so I can afford things. 

@Proactive That's exactly my plan right now but I'm happy to learn about some other alternatives too. Also I think by skating a lot I think it actually shaped my style in skating. I wanted to skate hours and hours so I had to learn how to do a trick optimally and use the least amount of energy possible. In skating we call this "steez" (stylish + ease), I'm not sure about stylish but my ease is definitely there, i can actually skate a long time before i'm drained because of my style. It just feels like walking, doesn't take too much energy. 

On 3/28/2018 at 2:53 AM, littleBIG said:

What are some alternatives to slaving 40 hours a week? 

Life purpose. Much easier said than done, but that is the answer.

@aurum How would you afford living while you're pursuing your life purpose without slaving 40 hours a week? 

The 40 hr week being slavery is conceptual & subjective. Get a job you want, parlay it to a job you want more, and so on, until you’ve freed yourself from work altogether, wether through passion or passive income or ideally, both.                  Otherwise,  It’s kinda crazy, and I get it. At least get a van, sleep and stuff wise that’d be easier. Make a YouTube channel and film the ‘adventure’ and make some money. You can see from the posts that people are interested. Go somewhere the weather is good and the scenery is top notch, Oregon comes to mind. Eugene is an ideal area. People are so chill and the scenery is beautiful. Good luck man!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, littleBIG said:

@aurum How would you afford living while you're pursuing your life purpose without slaving 40 hours a week? 

I actually plan on making a whole video on my channel about this topic. It's really in depth.

Here's a couple options:

1) Work 40 hours a week and hustle on your life purpose in any free time you have.

2) Work 40 hours a week but save money and plot your escape to open some sort of business. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is what Leo did.

3) Get a part time job (20~ hrs a week) and drastically cut your expenses. Hustle on your life purpose in your free time.

4) Leverage social connections you might have. I was able to get free rent for half a year at a beautiful apartment simply because of someone I knew.

I've used all these options at different points. At the end of the day, you just have to find a way to make it work. Do whatever it takes.

@littleBIG

I really have to say that health and health insurance is a tough one. Someone I know was roller skating one day and fell on her bottom and broke her hip bone. Of course, she had to stay in the hospital. They surgerically inserted some metal into that area so that the surrounding bone tissues could grow around it and she would heal. You gotta understand your own body and your own health, research doctors, research hospitals, get second opinions from doctors, see if they have good services, etc. They don't sometimes cause they don't know you (your health). It's complex.