electroBeam

How dangerous are yoga, energy experiences?

12 posts in this topic

First of all, I will describe the experience so that we are on the same page about what we are talking about.

The experience tends to go generally along the lines of this:

1. through yoga, or meditation, the mind becomes reasonably still. There are still thoughts, but the mind is so still that the body feels like it isnt being controlled by anything. The ego still exists but its not the focus or in control of anything. I like the analogy I heard for this feeling: "its like your supported by steel at either ends of your consciousness".

2. The world seems like its fading away. I don't know how to describe this. Its like going to sleep, except you're wide awake. Also you don't feel tired. Maybe you could say its like you're entering a void? Literal nothingness?

3. The scary part. In yoga at least (not sure about self inquiry because I haven't had this experience through any other way except kundalini type practices) this is where you feel heaps of energy permeating your body. The energy feels like a more strong, intense version of 'a chill up your spine'. Again I don't know how to describe this feeling. When you go to the gym sometimes you can feel it. Its similar to that energetic burning sensation.

4. If you keep going with the 'world is fading away' step, using the energy to explode the world, it feels like you could die. Like literally, forever. None of this you will come back crap. Maybe I'm wrong and my ego is just over reacting, but it certainly feels extremely scary. First of all the lost control over your body means you can't stop it after a certain point, and your heart tends to rise to levels that could kill you, if I'm not over reacting.

Has anyone ever exceeded through step 4? How did you make sure that you didn't get hurt? What was the circumstances that led you there? Would you recommend people to exceed past step 4?

I've never tried psychedelics, but would be super interested if someone out there has had this experience using a psychedelic like lsd or something.

They can kill you, literally if you are not prepared, period. Only those who have known suffering know what the hack awakening really is. 

Some people have so geavy blockages (cancers, chronnic dissabilities) that if they awaken suddenly through breath, can die yes. I've seen this, on the dark side of reality. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Leo Gura

Could you do a video on this in the future Leo or maybe discuss it further on the forum? Pranayama, Kundalini, Chakras, Kriya Yoga, and other energy works that I forgot to mention can cause serious energy disturbances which has cause some people to go insane if not done correctly (google premature kundalini awakening) Right now I only do meditation and self inquiry work but have felt weird energy tingles but I've been reassured it won't lead to disastrous results as opposed to someone who does energy work strictly without a proper teacher to guide them.

This is one of the actual personal motivations I have to be come financially independent so I can take the risk of doing energy work without worrying about going homeless if I can't keep my day job after

I had just started a kriya practice three months ago (nothing too advanced, mostly beginner asanas and 10min max pranayama) and y'all are scaring me. Just yesterday I had this sudden surge of energy up my neck in meditation, took me completely by surprise and it was pretty violent so I thought of taking two steps back for the sake of safety

Edited by Pernani

Yes i've had those experiences. I guess that's kundalini or some shit. It usually went like this:
- start strong determination sitting
- at some point there's no sense of body, no sense of self. Just the visual field and the sensations rising and passing.
- ego notices that and heart starts racing and a thought "i might die" rises. As a beginner i stopped at this point.
- after like 10 times of getting to this point and stopping, i was used to it and just continued to sit.
- all kinds of energetic sensations started happening, like what felt like a lightning going through my spine to the top of my head.
- that "energetic flow" expanded the awareness more and more, until "I" saw the how the ego works and how it's made of of all these different components that make it's illusory structure. Like the optical illusion pic Leo posted a while back.
- the first illusion that was seen was how all thought is happening by itself, So that meant that every action happens by itself, and that meant that the self can't possibly be nothing but an illusion.

So yeah from my experience the resistance at step 4 is just your ego resisting. psychedelics might be helpful to push through that resistance.

what comfirmed cases of death have happend through Kundalini energy? I've heard of physcosis, but not death & from the research I've done the only time that happens is if you fight Kundalini symptoms, if you just let them do there thing you'll be fine, I'm currently going through kundalini, in all the books it says just don't fight it..it's smarter then you're ego.

Edited by Tony 845

2 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

what comfirmed cases of death have happend through Kundalini energy? I've heard of physcosis, but not death & from the research I've done the only time that happens is if you fight Kundalini symptoms, if you just let them do there thing you'll be fine, I'm currently going through kundalini, in all the books it says just don't fight it..it's smarter then you're ego.

Yes, usually mentally ill people have uncontrolled kundalini. This happens when one sticks to the head, the mind and doesn't let go. IT usually happens because when the blockages are released is excrutiating pain, is more painful than childbirth, so those who run from pain, can get this heavy mindfuck. So yes, only those who went beyond pain and conquered kundalini can claim themselves enlightened, the other freaks around are just crybabies of the mindfuck. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

To be honest Ive been doing kriya for 3 months daily now and I didnt have any kind of experience. Its literally what you expect to happen if you hold your breath and stretch your body.

And you here are all talking like it is so strong it could physically kill you. Sometimes I feel really disconnected from this forum, are you all delusioned or am I the outlier?

Also shouldnt it be possible to awaken kundalini also through hatha yoga by accident, why arent there people dying in yoga classes all the time then?

Edited by MM1988

On 12/9/2018 at 2:51 PM, Tony 845 said:

got any good books that talk about kundalini syndrome ? (aside from those in the booklist)

Edited by Pernani

@Pernani the only one I've read is enlightenment through the path of kundalini, pretty good...

Edited by Tony 845