MM1988

Yogic Diet

16 posts in this topic

Thoughts?

Edited by MM1988

suprising thing is there is more evidence that many people with health issues function muuuchhh better if they leave out tomatoes and potatoes, however i cannot for the life of me figure out why yogis dont like garlic and onion. They are so healing. i know he says its good for occasional use, but daily use is amazing too!

2 hours ago, moon777light said:

suprising thing is there is more evidence that many people with health issues function muuuchhh better if they leave out tomatoes and potatoes, however i cannot for the life of me figure out why yogis dont like garlic and onion. They are so healing. i know he says its good for occasional use, but daily use is amazing too!

They stimulate the mind/nerves too much and becomes hard to meditate and calm the "monkey mind". They are great medicine when sick but like all herbs should be used only as medicine and not daily. Daily consumption can become toxic for the mind. There are 5 main foods they avoid i believe. My mother and aunt eat garlic, onion, spices, herbs and all stimulants daily. They talk 24/7 even to themselves and cannot sit and meditate for longer than 30 seconds. Its extremely uncomfortable for them. They also live on coffee and tea which is just as bad and overall far too stimulating on the nerves daily use.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

15 hours ago, pluto said:

They stimulate the mind/nerves too much and becomes hard to meditate and calm the "monkey mind". They are great medicine when sick but like all herbs should be used only as medicine and not daily. Daily consumption can become toxic for the mind. There are 5 main foods they avoid i believe. My mother and aunt eat garlic, onion, spices, herbs and all stimulants daily. They talk 24/7 even to themselves and cannot sit and meditate for longer than 30 seconds. Its extremely uncomfortable for them. They also live on coffee and tea which is just as bad and overall far too stimulating on the nerves daily use.

wow thanks i did not know this :o

Aw man, I just made a great hummus recipe recently with garlic in it. Can't wait to get sick so I can use it medicinally. :P

I think what he says makes sense. I've been moving bit by bit to more of the less stimulating food and having gotten used to those, I can really feel the difference when I eat more stimulating/heavy foods. I'm intrigued about skipping things like garlic and such for a while, and then try them again to see if I feel some difference in the same way.

3 hours ago, Huginn said:

Aw man, I just made a great hummus recipe recently with garlic in it. Can't wait to get sick so I can use it medicinally. :P

I think what he says makes sense. I've been moving bit by bit to more of the less stimulating food and having gotten used to those, I can really feel the difference when I eat more stimulating/heavy foods. I'm intrigued about skipping things like garlic and such for a while, and then try them again to see if I feel some difference in the same way.

That's cool i wouldn't be too worried about a small amount used in a recipe as long as you are not consuming these things in large amounts daily but yes the less often the more you notice :) I get similar calmness/mindful effect when i limit sugar intake.

B R E A T H E

On 19/03/2018 at 11:33 PM, pluto said:

They stimulate the mind/nerves too much and becomes hard to meditate and calm the "monkey mind". They are great medicine when sick but like all herbs should be used only as medicine and not daily. Daily consumption can become toxic for the mind. There are 5 main foods they avoid i believe

Literal mind blown! I live for onion and garlic ?

Staying away from this area of the forum from now on because you'll be taking my piece of lettuce away from me next ☹️?

It's a strange one how they don't like onion, garlic and chillies. I love indian food and these sem to be the most common things in curries and other indian food? Or perhaps I should presume that not all indians eat the yogic diet haha.

As it happens, my mum has attended/been part of a Raja Yoga group for decades. I was always skepitcal but I realize know that it must be one of the schools of true Yoga. One of the 'sisters' as they call them came up to our house. Mum got her some hummus or something as she knew that the sister didn't want garlic. But the hummus had like 1% garlic. Thought she'd get away with it. Sister noticed, had to have some fruit or something hahaha awkward.

Edited by -Rowan

11 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Ether ether my responses are usually jest based, take your own advice to me ??

Who says I dont?

7423-profileavatar.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ether said:

@Charlotte @moon777light bruh, dont believe someone just for saying something that just sounds right

i try to see as many view points as possible and test each on myself :ph34r:

Just now, moon777light said:

i try to see as many view points as possible and test each on myself :ph34r:

ok, i do the same

7423-profileavatar.jpeg

13 hours ago, Ether said:

dont believe someone just for saying something that just sounds right

This says you don't ?

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

This says you don't ?

It the end we will never know if the person is sayign the truth or lying... xD