Cammy

What was a major turning point in your life?

13 posts in this topic

What was a major turning point in your life that helped turn you into the person that you are today?

I am highly interested in this at the moment because I am at a cross road in my life and I feel like I'm about to chose a path.  

When i met my mentor.

When i started to be aware of my thoughts and emotions 24\7 (beat sa)

when i decided to reduce the dose of my meds

when i decided to be myself

when i had awakenings

1. Getting almost every egoic desire i had.

2. Finding out that they didn't bring me lasting happiness.

3. Wondering how people who had serious illness or who were in wheelchair could be so much happier than i was. (I was in contact with them daily)

4. Having all my supressed shit arise and cause me fear and anxiety, soon after i started meditation.

5. Living in constant fear of having serious illness

These five things all happened within two years. The best part is that i'm still learning new stuff all the time. As i broke up recently i found out shitloads of things that are wrong with me.

6 minutes ago, Psyche_92 said:

The Power Of Now - Eckhart Tolle.

You stole my reput points ...

Oh wait ...

9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ADD Forgive me but you telling me that your egoic desires did not fulfill you, serves as a lesson for me so thank you

Leaving my ex to go down my own path. This was huge because I felt like I was being shaped into something inauthentic. Your relationships have such a major impact on the outcome of your life so be extra conscious of who you allow to be the close to you.

@Cammy

1. Breaking up with my ex-girlfriend.
  2. Focusing on me as a consequence, and coming across personal development for the first time by stumbling upon Actualized.org's YouTube videos (perfect timing).
  3. Investing the hours and emotional labor to complete Leo's Ultimate Life Purpose Course.
  4. Changing my college major to be more in-line with my life purpose, despite serious dis-approval from parental units.
  5. Picking up meditation and doing it daily, consistently (been almost 3 years now, life-changing practice)
  6. Coming across John Rose's + Ralph Smart's YouTube videos.
  7. Going Raw Vegan 1+ year ago, for health reasons. First inspired to go cooked-Vegan because of Ralph Smart's work, then transitioned to Raw Vegan with a 136-day Juice Fast or Solid Food Vacation (SFV) because of John Rose's work. Healed IBS/border-line Crohn's Disease, back-acne, and fatigue in one swoop. I am a completely different person because of this... More spiritually inclined, better mood and energy... I feel like a kid again, in a way that's never happened during adolescence or prior with other diets (e.g. SAD, Paleo/Bulletproof).
  8. Actualized.org Forum. Blew my mind interacting with liberated/enlightened folk. Solidified my desire to seek.

What are yours?

Cheers. :)

Edited by ppfeiff

9 hours ago, Slade said:

Leaving my ex to go down my own path. This was huge because I felt like I was being shaped into something inauthentic. Your relationships have such a major impact on the outcome of your life so be extra conscious of who you allow to be the close to you.

+1

Taking 200mcg of 1P-LSD a couple of hours after stumbling upon Alan Watts. I directly realized that since I am perceiving reality I have to be creating it too. Nothing was the same afterwards.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

16 hours ago, okulele said:

Nothing was the same 

drake-nothing-was-the-same_Vsa7O.jpg

My Breakup which was not just my gf leaving me but my complete destruction of all my believes and values, so in a way it was literally my breakup, but it led me to rebuild and find all this awesomeness :D

So, things happen for a reason :)