Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Most conscious exercising

10 posts in this topic

What do you think? Which are the most conscious ways of exercising. What comes to my mind the first is running and swimming. Running feels extremely meditative for me. It fully anchors you in the presence. 

While fitness and weightlifting is good to grow your muscles it does not feel that meditative to me. There you must be concentrated on achieving goals and doing exercises right. However, I may be wrong.

give your suggestions and opinions on the topic.

Just be aware while doing whathever. Thats what i spend my whole day doing lol

Yes, conscious first, than anything is a good activity. I agree, running and swimming can be very meditative.

I just walk and watch cats conspiring to kill me.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Btw, does it interest some people that I create a thread about how to face your deepest fears ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Yes, it would really mean a lot senpai :P 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Sparring in (kick) boxing.

Requires alertness, can trigger primal body feelings, is interactive with another person

20 hours ago, Max_V said:

@Shin Yes, it would really mean a lot senpai :P 

20 hours ago, Max_V said:

@Shin 

Ego triggered ?

Ok, I take a mental to do it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

On 3/4/2018 at 6:59 PM, egoless said:

What comes to my mind the first is running and swimming. Running feels extremely meditative for me.

Jogging, dancing, swimming – anything can be a meditation. My definition of meditation is: whenever your body, mind and soul are functioning together in rhythm it is meditation, because it will bring the fourth in. If you are alert to the fact that you are doing it as a meditation ¯ not to take part in the Olympics, but doing it as a meditation – then it is tremendously beautiful.

If we give only a fixed pattern of meditation, then it will be applicable only to a few people. That has been one of the problems in the past: fixed patterns of meditation, not fluid — fixed, so they fit certain types and all others are left in the darkness. My effort is to make meditation available to each and everybody.

Whosoever wants to meditate, meditation should be made available according to his type. If he needs rest, then rest should be his meditation. Then 'sitting silently doing nothing, and the spring comes and the grass grows by itself' ¯ that will be his meditation. We have to find as many dimensions to meditation as there are people in the world. The pattern has not to be very rigid, because no two individuals are alike. The pattern has to be very liquid so that it can fit with the individual. In the past, the practice was that the individual had to fit with the pattern.

I bring a revolution. The individual has not to fit with the pattern, the pattern has to fit with the individual. My respect for the individual is absolute. I am not much concerned with means; means can be changed, arranged in different ways.

That's why you find so many meditations going on [in the meditation resort]. We don't have enough opportunities here; otherwise you would be surprised how many doors the temple of the divine has. You would also be surprised that there is a special door only for you and for nobody else. That's existence's love for you, its' respect for you. You will be received through a special door, not through the public gate. You will be received as a special guest.

But the basic fundamental is, whatsoever the meditation, it has to fill this requirement: that the body, mind, consciousness – all three should function in unity. Then suddenly one day the fourth has arrived: witnessing. Or if you want to, call it God; call it God or nirvana or Tao or whatsoever you will.

Osho, The Book of Wisdom

You will not think of running as a meditation, but runners sometimes have felt a tremendous experience of meditation. They were surprised, because they were not looking for it — who thinks that a runner is going to experience the divine? — but it has happened, and now running is becoming more and more a new kind of meditation.

It can happen in running. If you have ever been a runner, if you have enjoyed running in the early morning when the air is fresh and young and the whole world is coming back out of sleep, awakening, and you were running and your body was functioning beautifully, and the fresh air, and the new world again born out of the darkness of the night, and everything singing all around, and you were feeling so alive.... A moment comes when the runner disappears; there is only running. The body, mind and soul start functioning together; suddenly an inner orgasm is released.

Runners have sometimes come accidentally on the experience of the fourth, turiya, although they will miss it because they will think it was just because of running that they enjoyed the moment; that it was a beautiful day, that the body was healthy and the world was beautiful, and it was just a certain mood. They will not take note of it. But ifthey take note of it, my own observation is that a runner can come close to meditation more easily than anybody else. Jogging can be of immense help, swimming can be of immense help. All these things have to be transformed into meditations.

Drop old ideas of meditations, that just sitting underneath a tree with a yoga posture is meditation. That is only one of the ways, and may be suitable for a few people but is not suitable for all. For a small child it is not meditation, it is torture. For a young man who is alive, vibrant, it is repression, it is not meditation.

Maybe for an old man who has lived, whose energies are declining, it may be meditation. People differ, there are many types of people. To someone who has a low kind of energy, sitting underneath a tree in a yoga posture may be the best meditation, because the yoga posture is the least energy-expensive the least.

Osho, The Book of Wisdom