Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Does herd behaviour ends with enlightenment?

19 posts in this topic

Monks live together, with culture and ranks of social status as a result. Same with all teachers out there who live with and are "above" their adepts.

Osho had the bagvan community where people had some sort of culture to control each other. 

Is herd behaviour inevitable, no matter if you are enlightened or not? 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

its your choice

General speaking

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

Monks live together, with culture and ranks of social status as a result. Same with all teachers out there who live with and are "above" their adepts.

Osho had the bagvan community where people had some sort of culture to control each other. 

Is herd behaviour inevitable, no matter if you are enlightened or not? 

Heard behavior prevents liberation. Freedom from authority is a necessity. 

People that are free don’t stay with the heard.

If one plays the game of rank and social status then they are obviously not liberated now are they?? 

??‍♂️

40 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Heard behavior prevents liberation. Freedom from authority is a necessity. 

People that are free don’t stay with the heard.

If one plays the game of rank and social status then they are obviously not liberated now are they?? 

??‍♂️

@Faceless It's very funny to speak of necessity of freedom. Freedom implies possibility to become unfree.

Does herd behaviour end with enlightenment?

@MarkusSweden "Ends" end with enlightenment. 

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Faceless It's very funny to speak of necessity of freedom. Freedom implies possibility to become unfree.

Hello??

Freedom from authority being freedom from others and what is ‘known’ leads to freedom from the self/thought. 

If we depend on others or ‘the known’ there is no freedom to move beyond. We then are slaves the to the ‘herd’ 

Edited by Faceless

21 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@MarkusSweden "Ends" end with enlightenment. 

I stand corrected! :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Hello??

Freedom from authority being freedom from others and what is ‘known’ leads to freedom from the self/thought. 

If we depend on others or ‘the known’ there is no freedom to move beyond. We then are slaves the to the ‘herd’ 

Isn't the "self" the greatest authority?
The authority that tells to break from all others to attain freedom?
The authority that tells to seek authorities to attain wisdom?

One that is free does not fear enslavement, as freedom implies possibility to let oneself become a slave.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Just now, tsuki said:

Isn't the "self" the greatest authority?

Yes?

the self is the biggest and most dominant authority. That’s why freedom from that self is a necessity. If there is no freedom from that authority there is no freedom

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

One that is free does not fear enslavement, as freedom implies possibility to let oneself become a slave.

Not learning about our nature implies accepting being a slave. 

What you associate with negative ends with enlightenment, everything already is how it is supposed to be.

Wait... I 'heard' we have no free will, then we have no freedom from the 'herd'. Baha

I guess that means the only difference is we are just blissful meat robots after 'enlightenment' compared to miserable ones before... right? BAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

18 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Wait... I 'heard' we have no free will, then we have no freedom from the 'herd'. Baha

I guess that means the only difference is we are just blissful meat robots after 'enlightenment' compared to miserable ones before... right? BAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

your laughs hahah

I think it depends.  I am a very extreme loner.  I’m almost allergic to culture in any form.  I’ve always kinda been like that.  

@tsuki Hehe, how did you find this old thread? :) 

Great clip btw, tnx! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden I thought of this video when I saw the thread and I couldn't find it.
Now I found the video and I thought of the thread. It contains the answer to why monks keep 'monking' after enlightenment.