cle103

Stuck Between Two Life Purposes

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I kinda feel stuck and would much appreciate some perspective. 

I went through the Life Purpose course and I cannot really decide which road to take: 

Option 1) I really care about marketing. Not in a way that I like it, but rather that I don't.

I wrote copy for about two years and without blowing smoke up my ass, I think that I am pretty good at it. And here is the thing: I truly think that this is an important topic. With more and more conscious ppl. getting into business I see the need for them to learn copy and to learn how to position themselves and sell. Not in a sleazy way, but rather in an ethical and authentic way. I strongly believe I can help with that, however I don't really know if that is the ultimate impact I want to have bc. it seems like it's still a bit shallow. After all I am "just" helping them to communicate better and sell stuff (I know it's an important topic but... ahh). 

Option 2) One of my top passions is nutrition, cooking, health and consciousness. I could really see myself creating something in the online space, sharing content on how to live a healthy life in unhealthy times. Sharing recipes, talking about Yoga (Asana, Kriyas, ...), shamanic breathing, plant "medicine". The problem I see with that is that there is no real hard nosed value I think I can give. At least not in a way like with copywriting. I don't want to be a guy just talking cause I'm interested in the topic and not going deep, providing real value. 

I care about both. And I feel kinda stuck. Any thoughts or clarifying questions are appreciated. 

8 hours ago, cle103 said:

With more and more conscious ppl. getting into business I see the need for them to learn copy and to learn how to position themselves and sell

I definitely agree. I thought about going into business consulting for people in the spiritual community because so many of them have great products, but they really struggle with business. They know all about clearing their chakras but couldn't even tell you what a sales funnel is.

I don't really know if that is the ultimate impact I want to have bc. it seems like it's still a bit shallow. After all I am "just" helping them to communicate better and sell stuff

If it's not your calling, that's perfectly fine. You definitely don't have to do it. But I think you're undervaluing what you could bring to the table if you really went in on it.

The problem I see with that is that there is no real hard nosed value I think I can give. At least not in a way like with copywriting. I don't want to be a guy just talking cause I'm interested in the topic and not going deep, providing real value

Again, I think you're undervaluing what you could bring to the table. There are so many influencers who do just that.

Value is completely subjective. Maybe you're "just talking", but if it's something you love and you're strategic, I guarantee you'll eventually start attracting a tribe.

Overall theme seems to be you selling yourself short. If that's true, why do you think you would do that?

4 hours ago, aurum said:

They know all about clearing their chakras but couldn't even tell you what a sales funnel is.

Lol, yes. 

4 hours ago, aurum said:

Overall theme seems to be you selling yourself short. If that's true, why do you think you would do that?

Yeah, that could be some deep-seated limiting belief but I was also playing a litte devils advocate with my own purpose and it was how I was feeling in the moment (stuck). 

Thanks for your suggestions! I see both paths as valid as well. I just don't want to be "the next guy sharing his thoughts in front of a camera", which is def. a limiting belief. And I also don't want to "just be the business guy" (which I don't have to be). However even then I'm still stuck between :D 

This may be the most silly answer, but why don't you flip a coin on it? Attach each life purpose to a side of the coin, throw the coin and don't look at the side it fell on yet. Ask yourself what side you would wish it landed on, and see what happens. If you can't answer this question, just look at the coin and see what feelings you get by the side it landed on. 

@Psyche_92 Hmm... thanks for the suggestion. Certainly better than jerking around at ground zero. Not sure if I want to base my life on that :D 

this is exactly my choice right now. do both. Do conscious marketing to promote your ideas.

2 hours ago, cle103 said:

@Psyche_92 Hmm... thanks for the suggestion. Certainly better than jerking around at ground zero. Not sure if I want to base my life on that :D 

I'm not really advising you to flip the coin and pick whatever here. It's moreof a test to make a choice based on your gutfeeling/intuition. Either the choice you pick, chances are low that your life purpose won't change over time, so you better become some more adaptable ;).

@cle103 If I was the decision maker in charge of hiring at a company making products aligned with your option2, I’d hire you in a heartbeat to perform option1.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

honestly we're REALLY lacking in the first option and there are a ton of people who do option 2. it will be really hard to think of something unique for option 2, so thats a thought.

I think in our days there is an overabundance of information but little application. for example for your second option there are a ton of sources for nutrition, health, etc. but still people are fat and unhealthy. there's a lot of information about marketing but people dont bother.

basically in our age creating information is not fruitful but delivering, distributing and actualizing information are really needed.

see if that helps you somehow.

@Viking Yeah, I think there is always room for great content. Like if there was one more outstanding podcast, I'd listen to it. Just not to the 1.000 mediocre ones that start every day. I see your point though. Thx! 

@cle103 Thanks.   One more thought...I’ve been an employer / hiring manger for over two decades now, and not once has a person ever just simply walked in and told me they want to work there and why. 

Do both. I had the same, wasn't sure, and my 'bliss' came to me. This bliss was music! And then I knew. So the answer appeared right when I stopped pushing for it.

Also what about 100milion dollar question? Ask it yourself!

Edited by Amadeusz

On 2/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, cle103 said:

I really care about marketing  nutrition, cooking, health and consciousness.

hm? this maybe? 

@cle103 I find it fascinating. Also, the workers think they need the employer, and the employer thinks she needs the workers. This is good to know. I believe that if 90% of employees asked for a raise, they would get one. Most don’t ask though, because they don’t know the employer needs the employee more than the employee needs the employer.