Patang

what are we living for?

8 posts in this topic

yes, yes i know, it is all merely an illusion, but bear with me while i explain how i see it.

we come here, born to this reality, living as a human beings, having a human experience in this vast amusement park, and return back to the same place we came from. the vast amount of living beings and their great diversity, can be explained in the balance between the limitation of life sustainability and the infinite possibilities to create life. like an orchestra musicians who can play any musical instrument, limited only by the instruments needed to play a certain musical composition. the outcome of our human experience is our bodily emotions, which are the jewels in the king's crown. this is what we are living for, here in the dreamers garden.

when one attains enlightenment, it is like going backstage, seeing the play behind the scene and realizing how it all works, understanding the limitations, and yet comprehending the limitless nature of the absolute. you see, it is like seeing the mechanical components of an old clock, made up of cogwheels, springs and a pendulum (or a balance wheel), to figure out how everything fits together perfectly, allowing a smooth and continuous operation of continuity.

Edited by Patang

For me is living for myself, healing the body/mind and extend the lifespan of one. Because after seeing the natural flow of reality, all this society is just a waste of energy and lost hopes. In the process, help others grow.

Blessings

what are we living for? 

If one is living for something then maybe they are not living. 

If one simply and beautifully lives, then there is no living to or for, but just living. 

The joy of living arises out of effortlessness.  To be free of demand for or from. 

This makes sense to me anyway?

Reality doesn't need a point.  A point would be a belief.  Being just is.  Any consideration of purpose would be a thought within awareness or being.  See?  There's no purpose to reality.  Purpose is a belief or hope about reality.  Reality doesn't need a belief.  Beliefs and reality pass each other like two ships in the night.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It seems like we're here to pursue happiness and avoid suffering.  A whole religion is even based on the latter goal (Buddhism).  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde