Gopackgo

Still the best video

12 posts in this topic

Today, I came home and rewatched this video. It's Leo's first video on non-duality. I wanted to repost it to encourage those who are on the path to rewatch it as well. It is still the best video on youtube about non-duality (in my humble opinion). It is good to revisit the fundamentals from time to time.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

Agreed. The patented trademarked self inquiry©® method set me back big time though... Glad I noticed that early enough

@Joseph Maynor

To be honest, it was the same for me. I was very rational minded. The first time I watched this video, I couldn't even finish it because it caused so much angst. A year later, I was confused and didnt understand why nothing seemed to work out the way I wanted it to. I was and am still in law school and I took up meditation to try and figure myself out. One day after a deep meditation with a very vivid dreamlike vision, I walked right into the house and went to my computer and pulled up this video. As soon as it got to the point where he says "you are not an entity inside your body" my mind went completely clear and my perspective instantly changed. That was just the beginning. Since then my life has been exactly the same, but also very different in regards to perspective. There is just something about how Leo explains things that really resonates with me. I think it has to do with how he explains things in a way that makes sense to a formally rationally dominated mind. He really has a gift for delivering fundamentals in a way that is stripped of all the excessive mystical baggage.

Enl@Gopackgo Enlightment is what non duality is? I have been searching the forum for non duality posts and to me it all sounded like a different language. I was under the assumption that it was something separate from enlightment.

I also went through Leo's videos and couldn't find any of them with the word "non duality" in the title, which made me confused because I remembered him talking about it on his videos before, but I couldn't remember which ones. 

@TeamBills  The way I see it, enlightenment is a broad term encompassing  many different things. It is used in Hinduism, Buddhism, and ad vita at least. Non-duality is kind of like the fundamentals that are common to each. Non-duality is actually probably the basis of most world religions. No self is a non-dual principle, as is oneness (non seperation), the nature of reality as unknowable, and no free-will. That's all that is coming to mind right now. The way it appears to me is that "enlightenment" in these philosophies refers to a non-dual awakening, which can come in as many shapes and sizes. Some can be a 1 time epiphany that can change perspective forever, some are slower and happen over time. 

Thats just a short description. A lot of what Leo is talking about these days are non-dual insights.

@Joseph Maynor I've watched both multiple times before today, and yes I agree they are similar, but I also see differences. For example, (from what I remember) 100% responsibility doesn't focus as much on "the self."

I agree that without leo there would be no chance for the rationally-minded me to learn about spirituality in a way that would make any sense at all. 

I like his real-experience video best, though:  https://www.actualized.org/articles/what-is-god

It's more convincing to me. 

Edited by Elisabeth

lol I love how Leo used to berate us at the end of his videos about us not really being commited to getting enlightened.

Miss those times.