egoless

Why does consciousness exist?

14 posts in this topic

In your direct experience do you have this knowledge? Theories are useless here. Why does consciousness exist in whatever form it exists. Why there is even manifestation (hallucination) happening in it? Where did consciousness come from? Is not there a similar question with the “where did god come from”?

Edited by egoless

43 minutes ago, egoless said:

In your direct experience do you have this knowledge? Theories are useless here. Why does consciousness exist in whatever form it exists. Why there is even manifestation (hallucination) happening in it? Where did consciousness come from? Is not there a similar question with the “where did god come from”?

This is trying to encapsulate reality in a thought.  Ain’t never gonna happen.  People have tried to do this from the beginning of time to today.  Brahman is that which concepts exist within, to use a metaphor.  Trying to fit Brahman under a concept is like trying to fit water into a net.  Just be ok with reality being reality.  Be mindful of what’s here.  You should have little need for questions after that point.  All thought-stories are laid on top of reality — like scribbling all over the glass that covers the Mona Lisa.  The painting underneath is unmarred, but the obsever’s view is left muddied up.  That’s what thought-stories do to reality.  Let those go and just admire the painting underneath the glass for what it is.  Don’t try to fit it under categories.  Treat reality like this.  Those scribbles on the glass are irrelevant to the reality that lies up underneath.  All they do is block your clear view of reality.  And that’s no good.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@egoless

Hi Friend,

You Amuse Me With your Thoughts. Now. Let me explain The details Precisely so that You shall Grasp The Goal Of All That Is. 

My Lord, You Have Taken All the Meals And Thrown Them Into The Room Full of Rum. How Is That Possible. Why Am I Here Of This Mind. 

The Lord Replies. Hi My You. You Are My You. You Are My Possession. You Are The Reason. 

Consciousness. Consciousness. Consciousness.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:11 PM, egoless said:

Why does consciousness exist?

It's actually a fine question to ask. More people ought to ponder such things and keep drilling into it themselves it until they bore all the way through!

And I'm sso qualified to poke at this question with at least the advantage of a ten foot pole…

First of all, people should come to the realization, or at least acceptance that there is no why. There is no reason. Suchness is so for no reason at all and nobody knows why. That is the fact of the matter. Looking deeply in the source of conscious awareness (not conscious awareness itself; I'll get to that subsequently), the ancients called the unknowable source an emptiness which is not empty, or a void which is void of voidness.

I call it selfless knowledge of the absence of absence. Emptiness which is not empty is not a cute word game such as I see so often~ it is just as far as people can go into the unknowable. It is the limit of the extreme. There is no why. It is certainly possible for people to have knowledge of this and the fact is that people have been going to this precise limit for eons— it's not religion: it's the source of religion.

I had to touch on "word games" because working with Reality has nothing to do with words. There is no explanation.

So let's touch on mr godhead. At best, god is a name for the un-nameable. At the very least, in terms of symbolism, god is the practical equivalent of Saturn. When I saw god, he had a white beard and he was sitting at the veil between this side and having passed through. He was a real sweety-- I kissed the top of his bald head and went right on through on to the vaulting horizon (that was just a vision~ not a real experience).

God is a bellhop. If it's a person's predilection to pass through, god will let you kiss his bald head as you pierce the veil. In terms of projections of the human psyche, god is a deified image of ego in that something has to take credit for what is— unless of course you know better. God is not creator. Why? Because awareness is not created and awareness is who you really are. Therefore, there is no creator. It is a myth~ a likely story.

Specifically, awareness is un-created in that it has never begun— that's your unborn aware nature. Beginningless isn't a reference to some incalculable age. Awareness is literally un-created— it is perpetually a priori to creation.  Yet it is not different. There it is, on the verge of going into action in perpetuity— and it has never moved; but it's not a static thing …it is an inconceivability in terms of living, aware selfless potential. That's a real experience, but it is not yet wonderful.

This is one's true selfless identity, and you can see this by virtue of interrupting your individual false conscious awareness relative to the personality's psychological patters of self-reification that perpetuate one's conscious awareness. Ego's fault is to completely usurp the identity of the "real human with no status" and hold on to its baseless power-trip with endless schemes and subterfuge to obfuscate its inherent source of insecurities. Ego must be put on a leash, that's all, and that's a long process called self-refinement.

The "real human with no status" is the real body of awareness which has no location. When self-refinement has reached a critical mass, the ego-function reverts to its rightful relationship with your selfless, real identity. It's a good thing.

All people are just this. People are actually inconceivable beings; in terms of your own selfless nature, death does not exist and that which has never entered into the created is awareness. It is not a thing. People just don't know this, so they make things up to suit their fancy in lieu of direct experience because they would rather chase after fascinations which consequently keep them bound to the realm of karmic evolution. Ego is ignorant of this, so it takes the person along with it. Ego is not yours. As well, ego is not a thing. It is just a necessary function of the individual conscious awareness which has run amok.

Therefore, modern humanity has no conscious advantage over those who have lived and died for essentially ever. Current technology is just current, that's all. Technology has not always relied on hardware~ and let's not get hung-up on semantics (ie: software).

We're not advanced; we're precisely on schedule. So, moving right along in that regard…

Why does consciousness exist in whatever form it exists. Why there is even manifestation (hallucination) happening in it?

Ok, I said I'd get to consciousness  or conscious awareness per se. Specifically, again: there is no why. It is the temporal aspect of Mind. In terms of technical terminology, conscious awareness is the human mentality; real knowledge is the aspect of the absolute which is experienced as immediate knowledge which can be as self-evident as knowing you are hearing a dog or a cat. No deliberation is necessary: it is ascertained immediately.

This is your mind right now. Enlightenment is not a different mind. Does it exist or not? I'll say it again for all the smarty-pants who know better:

It's actually a fine question to ask. More people ought to ponder such things and keep drilling into it themselves it until they bore all the way through!

Those who discover their nature realize it self-evidently simply due to forgetting words. No words is no-thought, that's mind right now.

Mind is inconceivable; the self-reifying human is a phantom existence no different than people. Existent or non-existant~ it doesn't matter.

What matters is that people clarify the basis of mind which is ungraspable. Clarify it right in its tracks. Mind is one, yet in terms of the manifestation of the psychological apparatus, one has somewhere to begin. One uses the unmoving to observe the moving. Stopping and seeing, one gains insight into the nature of mind, and by extension, reality… but I'll get to that later.

The temporal manifestation of mind moves; the absolute quality of mind is unmoving. Perceptibly, for those who have observed the quality of the shining mind, in just sitting meditation, it is solid, with no inside or outside. I do not relegate the term "infinite" or "infinity" to the absolute. I qualify creation, karmic evolution and the infinite as the same thing. Why? Because the absolute has no inside or outside; it has never begun. There is nothing to know; knowledge in terms of the all-at-once is simply an impersonal intent, selflessly so, empty yet void of emptiness, awake.

I waited until now to express observations relative to conscious awareness because one needs to differentiate between spiritual non-psychological awareness and conscious awareness constituting the psychological apparatus of the being that is going to die.

Why there is even manifestation (hallucination) happening in it?

In terms of creation and the created, including the individual and its personality-consciousness, there is nothing "in it". Being no different that the nature of enlightenment, it is wholly illusion, utter illusion, magnificent illusion, world and universe-creating illusion. Ultimately, nothing at all is happening. In other words, illusion is not happening to the individual at all because the whole of creation is the complete totality of each individual.

I say that the mystery is not the Absolute— it is uncreated; the mystery is Creation. There is only one thing to do if you have the audacity to explore the grand mystery of mysteries— And I'm sorry if it sounds hocus-pocus, but Reality is neither created nor un-created. It is possible to work with Reality directly with no intermediary by seeing through phenomena without denying its characteristics. Creation is where you do it; there is no other place.

Buddhism calls that which is neither created nor absolute Suchness. The hallucination looks the same whether one is deluded or illuminated because the extremes of clinging or aversion to temporal incremental inevitability and clinging or aversion to the absolute enlightening nature are BOTH delusion. That's why buddhism calls the middle way the Supreme Vehicle of buddhas.

So the hallucination is all there is to work with in terms of enlightening activity in the world. Ordinary people go along with the flow of the light of creation in terms of karmic evolution for infinitely endless cycles of bondage and those who see reality without clinging to either extreme follow the same light in reverse to its source. Actually, in terms of karma you move because there is change. Those who follow the light in reverse are the same as the nature of awareness, unmoving and uncreated in terms of their innate enlightening function in the midst of everyday ordinary situations.

Where else would enlightening activity take place?

There is actually a device of sorts involved in going one way or the other. It is called selfless open sincere intent. I mentioned the absolute aspect of this quality of mind six paragraphs above. In a nutshell, recognizing this quality of mind enables one to transcend the vagaries of ordinary situations without deliberation in terms of right and wrong, self and other, and even before and after. These are the irrelevant aspects of what constitutes basic hang-ups. Shit happens. It is not only necessary to deal with shit effectively— dealing with shit is how you actually evolve as an enlightening being.

No shit. Finding reality in the midst of shit is a subtlety of advanced practice. Enlightenment isn't a thing to get

The sudden is just a passing result of the consequential enlightening activity effected in the course of working directly with potential in the midst of situations by virtue of the device I mentioned.

That which aids one in using shit without employing deliberation is this open sincere intent. Why? Open sincerity is selfless; it just doesn't care. It's another name for impersonal compassion that just gets shit done according to the time.

I call it ruthless compassion. How else would it be possible to kill a buddha?

The buddha is your own mind right now. Can you kill it?

The only place to get shit done is in the midst of this grand illusion.

Manifestation doesn't happen in the mind— it is Mind. There is no reason.

ed note: typos/gramar in 7th paragraph; then add this and that here and there; more dang typos in 9th paragraph!!

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

Looking for an answer i got an intuitive response but i don't found words to express it

it's like due the singularity is by itself being infinite, it does not need to exist because it does not know itself existing but being itself

in other words it will appears existing to a pov-observer but for a being-observer there is no continuity or time, there is only singularity/ absolute void's experience

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Only systems have meaning and reason to be

which are constructs ; elements relating each other within a limit established by the observer

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

@egoless  As it has no point of origin or causation, how could it not exist?  It's All that is, ever has been, ever will be. To ask why, is to assume that it once didn't exist, and somehow came into existence. It has never not existed. 'Why' is forever a moot point. Better to ponder what can appear from it. 

@snowleopard I don’t like your reasoning. Same could be said about the god then (any god in any form) ;) 

Edited by egoless

21 minutes ago, egoless said:

Same could be said about the god then

Go with whatever name for the unnameable you prefer ... as long as one knows 'that ' which is being referred to ... at which point call it the cat's pajamas for all I care.

Edited by snowleopard

5 hours ago, deci belle said:

First of all, people should come to the realization, or at least acceptance that there is no why.

That’s very true and I an aware of that. I rather meant how? Or why not? 

5 hours ago, deci belle said:

Looking deeply in the source of conscious awareness (not conscious awareness itself; I'll get to that subsequently), the ancients called the unknowable source an emptiness which is not empty, or a void which is void of voidness.

You clearly know what you are talking about. That’s very precise answer actually. So do you mean that consciousness is a “by product” of empty void? For emptiness void to exist it should be aware of its emptiness. Do I speak your understanding? Emptiness void can not exist without “it” being aware of all the absolute infinity it is not. That is my understanding.

@Will Bigger “Why” assumes an intention or purpose. I would back up and first ask if there needs to be an intention/purpose.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Will Bigger “Why” assumes an intention or purpose. I would back up and first ask if there needs to be an intention/purpose.

Good idea.

What’s the intention/ purpose behind the only thing which is existing?

Well, you are consciousness. So a better question would be what your purpose for existing is. And you, as consciousness, get to decide that.

if you don’t want a reason for existing, that it fine too! In fact, that may even be better, because now you can live spontaneously.

Edited by Will Bigger