BobbyLowell

Inferiority

14 posts in this topic

How do I stop feeling inferior to every likeable person out there? And all of them.

2 hours ago, BobbyLowell said:

How do I stop feeling inferior to every likeable person out there? And all of them.

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you saying others are more "likeable" than you? 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@DeepI'm asking how to stop feeling inferior to the people I put above me because I perceive them as more likeable.

@aurumplease explain your opinion. 

@BobbyLowell

It's pretty simple. You won't be jealous of people who are likeable if you consider yourself likeable. Because you can't be jealous of something you have.

So become likeable.

Let go of the whole concept. It's just an illusion. Everyone have some kind of struggle within them , no matter how likable or superior they seem. You don't need to be inferior or superior to anyone. Just breath. Learn new skills that you enjoy. Be healthy. Be kind to yourself. 

Edited by Samra

i focus on present moment, and think "there is no self" and surrender to the situation.

then i see my body moving, acting and speaking in a very natural way, always perfect in each situation, with not fears or doubts.

16 hours ago, BobbyLowell said:

@DeepI'm asking how to stop feeling inferior to the people I put above me because I perceive them as more likeable. 

Superior and inferior are egoic concepts. No one is superior to you because of their popularity. Maybe there are people in your life who love you, but you are oblivious to that? Maybe you can be more open to receiving love? 

@aurum I don't think he needs to change himself unless he's got lots of toxic traits. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

9 hours ago, BobbyLowell said:

@aurumHow does one become likeable? is this controlling opinions though and inauthentic?

Just be yourself, and don't try to manipulate or judge other people.

Not everyone will like you though, it's impossible.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@BobbyLowell 

Maybe you just are?

The most important person in your life already deemed it to be so. -Yes, I mean you did. Who knows you the best?

You? or some-random-body on a forum?

If you want to feel something else, then you should become/improve to something better. What would succes in that area be for you?

Something to consider, could be that people tend to be very selfcentered and don´t really pay attention to other people.

I think just getting first hand experience how wrong you are in your assumptions. This last year I have had it happen to me quite a lot but especially in two cases. One was a girl who I first assumed would be arrogant and feel superiour to me because she was pretty. Then she turned out to be a really sweet and fun person and actually is quite selfconscious about her looks.

Another one was a guy who I thought was way too intelligent and would feel like he was above me because of that. Somehow I made friends with him aswell and it turned out we had a very similar sense of humor when it comes to sarcasm and making bad inside jokes that we run into the ground wayyyy too hard.

So what has worked for me has just been to not let those assumptioms about people control me too much. I feel like the further I get into personal development the better this will work. I will be moving towards "I'm 100% on my life purpose, I'm exactly what I want to be. If someone doesn't like me we're just not compatible people, nobody is superiour or inferiour, and that's it"

My reccomendation would be a combination of getting direct experience of how the "superiour people" thing works out in the real world while at the same time working on becoming the best version of yourself.

@BobbyLowell You can’t literally ‘become’ likable. “Liking you” is up to others, not you. Put how you feel as a higher (the highest) priority, and ironically, you’ll be more liked. There is an underlying attraction (non sexual) between people that is powerful. Frequencies attract to higher frequencies naturally, cause we all want to be happy. Happy people have much easier lives anyways. They’re like candles to moths. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE