Monkey-man

Can you be born neurotic?

8 posts in this topic

I think I was born neurotic. During last years I had a great deal of evaluating my childhood and trying to see when I became neurotic but I came to conclusion that I probably was born neurotic because I had neuroticism in early age and I dunno what possibly could have triggered that given that my upbringings wasn't perfect but fairly normal. I probably developed ego and dualistic perception quite early. I was overly sensitive to the world around me and could get upset easily so I was constantly crying and had difficulties in stopping that even at age of 5-7 when I already could speak properly. Have constant nightmares from childhood till now. I had terrible fear of death (probably was introduced to it through TV) of myself and my parents from age of 5. I used to constantly think about death and god from age 5 and I don't think its a normal thing to do at such age.  And throughout my life I was big self-conscious melancholic obsessed with my feelings. I didn't think about them but was sort of hijacked by them. I always had problems with motivation. Its almost like my serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin levels are chronically low, I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case.

So I wonder do you think one can be born neurotic? And if so, should one born with it apply some other recommendations than someone who acquired it. 

Edited by Monkey-man

I think someone can be more genetically inclined to develop something if given the right trigger but i don't think people are born with it

with me i had a normal childhood but one day i questioned god and I freaked out, took years to tone it down. It mostly had to do with my views of the world being too indiffirent and fear of being responsible for my own life, i think TV and living in a violent country contributed slowly to that

if you feel neurotic from birth looking at recs for people who have had it developed couldn't hurt, everyone might have a different way of overcoming their fears but some pointers can still help you overcome yours

Edited by lens

There is chronic depression and so on, that's a great ride, not a hopeless existence at all. Wouldn't say that makes you neurotic though, it's "just" mindless suffering. 

@Spiral Tell that the voice in my head that's nowadays constantly trying to seduce me to take a shortcut. What a relief it would be, but then again it disappears and quite some peace occurs. It's a fucking rollercoaster

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Monkey-man

Neurosis is caused by repressing emotions. You can have strong traumas, that become the basis for neurosis, before birth (while still in the uterus), during birth and right after birth . But nobody is "born" neuoritc in the sense that comes to this world with stuck energy. 

The origin of deep traumas is impossible to understand with the mind . The only way to reach these traumas is though some spiritual practice ( intense meditation , breathworks ,yoga , psychedelics, ).

If you are highly neurotic and cannot explain to yourself the root of your neurosis, the only way to figure it out is to go deep into spiritual practices and make the leap in consciousness necessary to see the truth better. 

Furthermore, if you are highly sensitive, there is higher probability that you developed some big trauma really early on.

I am in the process of healing right now and for me the great majority of traumas occurred in an extremely young age and I don't even have visual memories of most of the events connected to the traumas. 

If you want to study more about this you can read transpersonal psychology literature .

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

We all born as a seed with the blueprint of our parents. Get the energy flow back in the body and you break the cycle of birth conditioning or society's.

Plain answer: Enlightenment/Nirvana

Blessings

Can you be born neurotic?

When thought attributes to itself an existence independent of thought ‘the self’ neurosis is inevitable. 

So I would say neurosis is a symptom of disorderly thought. 

I believe its possible if the fetus isn't given adequate nutrient/chemical composition for development due to uneducated parents that live off junk/processed food, pharmaceutical or illegal drugs, poor lifestyles and many other examples. I recently read some cases where they were explaining this is also how sometimes homosexuality occurs. Its a mild mental illness and it is known by some experts for decades now although it would be a challenge to accept on a mass scale and in many of these cases its due to the parents and especially the mothers bad habits and diet/lifestyle choices.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E