SaltyMeatballs

Impact statement - Please Help!

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I finally summoned the courage to ask for help. Lately my mind has been all over the place and I have lost all motivation to continue working on the course. I assume that most people who start the course feel a sense of excitement and a feeling that nothing else matters as much as this. I felt this way for a few months but i no longer have that fire in me to continue.

I am stuck on the Impact statement. I have spent quite some time trying to work it out. I have come up with some answers but they do not resonate or feel authentic to me. 

My zone of genius = "Becoming the strongest version of myself"    I have invested a lot of time into personal development (practical and theory) and I enjoy growing myself. I want my life purpose to be about personal development but as Leo has mentioned, doing it just for my own sake will not fulfil me and I agree. 

However, the idea of helping other people self-actualise does not appeal to me. 

Hopefully someone can help me?

Please ask any questions and I will be willing to answer them as best as I can. 

@SaltyMeatballs Your Zone of Genius seems vague. What are you going to get strong at? Be more specific. If you are having trouble with that, look at more examples of others. Check out Leo's Zone of Genius PDF. Study some other people on YT and see what they are good at.

Question for you, what could you talk about all day long and not get bored? What makes you excited about life and about working? Find that and do your best to integrate it into your daily lifestyle. 

:)

@SaltyMeatballs  

Do you think you just need to take some time to re inspire yourself? What got you into the course in the first place? What big dream did you have in mind?

Take some time to sit down in a quiet place with your eyes closed and let yourself dream and get back in touch with your inspiration. 

@SaltyMeatballs Your avatar name reminds me of the chocolate salty balls song. ?      You’re going gangbusters on thinking & solving, and maybe that approach has added the gravity of your whole life, on your mind.    The answers don’t come from the illusion, they come from the source. They’re not hammered and forced into place. The powerful stuff is subtle.  I would do something you enjoy. Something fun. Loosen up, relax. Let thinking about your life go for a day and get feeling good! Then, I would write what you want on a piece of paper, and sit and meditate. An answer, or direction, or way to go on this, will bubble up and you can even let each bubble go, and a better idea bubbles up behind it. If you want to discover what you love, you should consider that it comes from being in a state of mind that is of the same. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SaltyMeatballs Don't confuse growth as a human being with LP.

Yes, of course every human being's job is personal development. That's the whole game of life in a nutshell.

But LP is not that. LP is about your career and your creative output.

Regardless of whatever LP you end up having, personal growth will still be part of your function as a living being. So don't worry about that. You can, and must, do both.

You need to rephrase the question to this: What creative contribution do I want to make to the world?

Notice, your own personal growth is not that. That's for you. But what are you doing for others???

Flipping burgers at McDonalds?

That's the default you will get if you don't figure this out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

However, the idea of helping other people self-actualise does not appeal to me. 

you need to grow yourself, to develop yourself, if you don't do this, your desires will stay in the same place, the egotistic, hollow place. as you'll grow you will come to the conclusion, in fact, the big realization that nothing is meaningful but just helping others. when you will come to this realization, you will start to use that which you have found to like (lp) in helping others. 

keep continuing developing yourself. i do not advice you to force yourself to love others, force yourself to realize something which you actually do not understand etc, because you will not learn anything, you will just feel miserable, not right. just develop yourself, be cautious to the traps, become gradually "the strongest version of yourself".

On 11. 1. 2018 at 11:03 AM, Leo Gura said:

You need to rephrase the question to this: What creative contribution do I want to make to the world?

Oh my god, I've been stuck in the same place for almost a year now. But maybe, just maybe I've figured it out. I read around on the forum today and intended to do this exercise but decided to get a bit of sleep before because I was really tired. Having the question in my head while tossing around in bed, I got back to the answer which led me to pick up science in the first place: MAKING DISCOVERIES (and communicating them).

I didn't start to cry, but I got this inner glow of happiness. The last time when I felt light so strongly was, I think, when I learned the do nothing technique. This might be the answer ... or part of it. I have to see if it lasts. 

To boldly go where no man has gone before. I always liked star treck better than star wars ;) 

Edited by Elisabeth