ahmet sukru

How visualization actually worked for me

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to share how visualization (or law of attraction) actually worked for me.
I am a musician and animation artist. I am creating animation music videos for my music right now. 
I have a youtube channel but my work didn't get any attention for a long time. (I don't share the channel to avoid self-promotion) 
I upload videos so rare because the work I'm doing requires so much time, I don't use social media, I don't have large group of friends to spread. So this situation is not suprising.
Also I have money problem because I didn't want to go 9-5 job. I don't want to put myself in a position that I would not be able to have time to run my projects. 
So about one year ago, I had one last project that I wanted to complete. That was a bit crazy project for me because I had to do all music recordings, composition, mix, 3D modelling and animation by myself from stracth. So the complete process took 10 months of INSANE amount of work. Even Sometimes I came so close to cry :)
But I knew that even if I make it perfect, this work will not spread to large group of people. I was telling myself that I would do that even if no one will see it other than me. But on the other hand I want to be appreciated of course.
At the same time I was doing self improvement work, life purpose course etc. I knew a bit about visualization before but It looked so silly and unreal to me. It seems like you send energy to the universe and some quantum shit happens then magical things come to you. But the explanation that Leo made about visualization seemed legit to me and I gave it a try.
Then I started to dream that finally my work will get attention and people appriciate my labor etc. Even I didn't know how this will happen, but I still did it every day for 2-3 months until the project finished.
So as time goes, I started to think like "marketing of my work has nearly equal importance as the work itself. And I should do everyting to make it through" So I made a list that contains 30 items of actions that could be effective. Most of them are silly and actually I didn't want to do none of them because It required emotional labor. But I did all of them. Sent it to the people that I met, facebook pages, some directors etc. But none of them seemed to work at all. Then I thought "oh, people didn't like what I did, whatever, let me look for a job. I will try to maintain it while working" 
But then one of the people that I sent said to me "you had amazing work here, my son has a very popular twitch channel, I will say him to share your work. I hope this will help, we are ready to do whatever we can"
So he did. Then amazing group of people flocked to my video. there are 1000+ likes and 9 dislikes now. I know it is not a huge achievement, but that was a big step for me :)
Not only the people that came, the comments they made were incredible to me. All of them were pissed off how such a work got so little attention. There are hundreds of comments that I hardly believe a real human being said it to me :D and also messages that encrouges me to not give up.
So I wondered if this attention was just for that video or something permanent. Then I released a song of mine without video clip, just with audio to measure the reaction. The reaction that work received was even more emotional and intense. Then they started to look for my old works too.
I knew this is not a big deal and just a beginning. But this changed my direction in life and I decided to release more videos and see what will happen for a while.
But the point that I want to make here is: now I see, If I really didn't believe that this time my work will be appriciated, I would not send it to those people and this would never happen. Now I can say it was not about to convince the universe or god, more about to convince myself :)

Great story! I've done affirmations before with lots of success. I tried a visualization for enlightenment once but I realized that I couldn't really imagine enlightenment, so that ended quickly.

2 hours ago, Jamie Universe said:

Great story! I've done affirmations before with lots of success. I tried a visualization for enlightenment once but I realized that I couldn't really imagine enlightenment, so that ended quickly.

Haha, actually visualization seems like a bit opposite work because in visualization you try to be something, but in enlightment you try to be nothing (I am not sure, I am not enlightenet, just my guess :) )

1 hour ago, YaNanNallari said:

Really inspiring story. Thanks for sharing 

Thanks for reading :)

Amazing!! Can you send me in inbox your work i would love to see it :D

1 hour ago, MarinM said:

Amazing!! Can you send me in inbox your work i would love to see it :D

Of course :)

18 hours ago, ahmet sukru said:

I have a youtube channel

whats your youtube channel i would like to check it out!!

10 hours ago, Shroomdoctor said:

I would be interested, too :)

9 hours ago, daniel695 said:

whats your youtube channel i would like to check it out!!

Thanks, I'm going to pm you 

it motivates to see some advancement in other people, thanks for the share!

btw in the LP course leo said one of the hardest thing to do is going to be the markeing, why dont you pick up some books on it (in case you didnt already) seth godin and such, great stuff.

21 hours ago, Ilya said:

it motivates to see some advancement in other people, thanks for the share!

btw in the LP course leo said one of the hardest thing to do is going to be the markeing, why dont you pick up some books on it (in case you didnt already) seth godin and such, great stuff.

Thanks a lot for your respond and recommendation.
I didn't see my music as something to sell until now because of emotional bond and low self-esteem but of course it is not a healty way to approach :)
I bought "the purple cow" already but didn't read it yet, I have other books in the row. But your advice reminded me the importance of this. I will read it next. I would be happy to hear other book recommendations on this topic.

Edited by ahmet sukru