Joseph Maynor

How Much of Your Ego is Wrapped Up in Being Enlightened?

23 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor  What does it matter what a dream of an exclusive self-identity is wrapped up in?  What is revealed when that dream is unwrapped? 

46 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is an interesting insight I am having.

My Ego / My Mind / Me as an entity in the world is of the world, so it will act and be "wrapped up in" whatever genes and conditioning it is given.  

Then my Ego was given a "secret key". To be interested in the experience of being aware, rather than the stuff that are present within awareness. 

By using this key continuously, the true self is allowed to burst forward and one gets more and more the sense that one is not OF this world while being in it. So now there is no real separation between me and Ego. We are one. Actually I am even unsure why call it Ego. It's being. 

Only now it is less personal with Awareness at the top of the throne. You can say my Ego has evolved to a Wego. ?

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

How Much of Your Ego is Wrapped Up in Being Enlightened?

@Joseph Maynor the ego is just a concept? Do you mean how much time you're absorbed in thought after enlightenment?

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Perhaps I'll plunk this in here, albeit it seems relevant to many of the threads in this forum ...

Not seeking enlightenment it will find me later on down the road.

The “i” that seeks is the problem. 

And a centerless state does not depend upon time. Only the center moves in accordance to time. 

Psychologically there is no need for time whatsoever. 

Investigate..what is psychological time? 

Its pretty simple yet very important to grasp. 

What it often seems to be about is the pursuit of some non-dual experience, or replicating someone else's experience. Certainly been there, done that. It was even great until the honeymoon was over, at which point the real undoing began, despite any avoidance tactic. That which is being undone has no agency to deal with its undoing -- no more than does a withered leaf carried along in the current of the river Tao. It is a rude awakening, so to speak.

Edited by snowleopard

@Mighty Mouse Surrender to the Love maya-mouse ... notwithstanding there is no-one to surrender ;) 

Seriously, I feel the cosmic Love thing happens when it happens, and there is no making it happen, anymore than one can choose to 'fall' in love with some other individual. It is a mystery to behold, even when there are very good reasons not to love that individual, it just friggin happens ... Go figure.

@Mighty Mouse  How about a purrrfecty nice licking around your crown chakra  ... I'll leave the lower chakras to your lower love interests. :x

@Mighty Mouse Meh, I dunno... Every time I have some kind of glimpse or awakening, I get absolutely destroyed by love for weeks to come. Its that love which pulls you to it in the first place.

And that definetely perculates through to the person in a way. Not as ego. But as an open loving space. And yes, unconditional. But that's just another term for embodying realisation. 

And yeah, I guess the ego tries to take hold of that. Like it does with everything else. Its all good though. :)

@DoubleYou  The cosmic Love feeling is surely associated with the Onenesss/all-connectedness experience, which can be a spontaneous event, but is certainly frequently referred to in psychedelic experiences, and NDEs, so often that it can't just be simply dismissed as insignificant. But yeah, it can also become another attachment, and by-pass option, in lieu of further inquiry.

Edited by snowleopard

I realize now that I got caught up in this.  This is why one should be meditating every day.  I had gotten away from that.  Meditation keeps you centered on just being aware.  It is only through awareness that you can get real work done.  All this thinking really just has us chasing a hit of feeling like we know.  But that never lasts.

Your getting it, keep moving... We are neurotic. The center is neurotic.. See this fact in oursleves. We can’t turn it off, stay with it. In observation and awarness of the fact then comes order. The disorder comes when we try to change the fact into an abstraction. Thought is a movement away from this fact. 

This make sense friend? 

Edited by Faceless

I only ever consider it when I come here or read youtube comments, at work or with friends I don't talk about this stuff.