Ether

You wont die when you reach enllightenment

22 posts in this topic

Lol. Think for yourself. Dont believe Leo, dont believe Eckhart, dont believe me. Dont believe anyone. I mean, all you got to do is question that thought.

Will deleting a bunch of thoughts from my head kill me?

When I stopped believing some thoughts did it kill me?

Since its the same thing but more thoughts will it kill me, since its the same exact thing?

Are people who reached enlightenment dead because they did it?

Contemplate

It is the "death" of the separate self. From the descriptions I've either read or heard from people, when it happens, it's nothing so dramatic as to warrant the word "dying". Maybe it is in some cases but expecting such thing to happen is going to mislead you.

The self must be surrendered: but it must not be annihilated, as some Quietists have supposed. It only dies that it may live again ~ Evelyn Underhill

Youre right. But If you believe you are your thoughts, the moment before liberation will feel exactly like facing your own death. But its just the death of a belief. 

@Afonso I am@AleksM Aye whats up fam, u my fav poster here.@DoubleYou Exactly. Man, people could use clearer language, they are saying you physically die, they arent being precise. Instead they could say the ego self dies

15 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Afonso I am@AleksM Aye whats up fam, u my fav poster here.@DoubleYou Exactly. Man, people could use clearer language, they are saying you physically die, they arent being precise. Instead they could say the ego self dies

I had this discussion with Leo some time ago, that perhaps a better wording can be used, but he said that for him it is the best description possible and that he prefers it also because it conveys the magnitude of what this is all about. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

1 hour ago, Ether said:

Lol. Think for yourself. Dont believe Leo, dont believe Eckhart, dont believe me. Dont believe anyone. I mean, all you got to do is question that thought.

Will deleting a bunch of thoughts from my head kill me?

When I stopped believing some thoughts did it kill me?

Since its the same thing but more thoughts will it kill me, since its the same exact thing?

Are people who reached enlightenment dead because they did it?

Contemplate

Ask these:

What am I?

What does it mean to say that I am alive?

What is existence?

What happens when there is an absence of thoughts?  

Does the absence of thoughts change awareness?

@Joseph Maynor A mind, a body and silence

I dunno, i dont go in soo many questions i dont care

Our 5 senses

Silence

No, awareness is always there, we just become aware of it

10 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Joseph Maynor A mind, a body and silence

I dunno, i dont go in soo many questions i dont care

Our 5 senses

Silence

No, awareness is always there, we just become aware of it

You need to contemplate more.  There’s no primrose path to Enlightenment.  It takes a ton of work.  You need to be willing to do that work.

@Ether  Yeah, as usual, there's what it is, and then there's the story about what it is -- not to be confused. And most good stories and odysseys tend to get death involved. At best, it's a very convincing test-run, otherwise 'no-one' would be posting about here. ;)

'I' am here because the Dreaming keeps on playing ... no beginning, no causation, no ending ... WTF ?! :o

No one has attained Enlightenment through Zen nor meditation in human history. Buddha himself never claimed he was enlightened through meditation.

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....

1 hour ago, Ether said:

@Dodo Not really. Thats just trying to scare people off

Or to weed out those who are not serious enough?  Idk

Perhaps also the goal is to contemplate your death. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo All we can comtemplate is that we dont know what happens after death, soo its pointless to fear it

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Dodo All we can comtemplate is that we dont know what happens after death, soo its pointless to fear it

I don't want to argue, but perhaps you can see that this is only a belief that you hold. 

Actually not knowing what happens can also be seen as one of the scariest things about death. I don't get your reasoning here.

Perhaps ego death is much different than one might intuit. I don't know. 

Why should we speculate,  whatever will happen will happen. I don't care much for the concepts, it's better to tune towards the space in which they appear and see what this show is about. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo Many people think uncertinity causes fear. This is not true. What you fear is actually thinking you know

You might you dont know, but YOU THINK YOU KNOW. Difference.

If a friend said for christmas, he would eitheir give you a 100 euros, but eitheir in 2, 50 euro notes or in 5, 20 euro notes, woulld you fear or have anxiety? No, because you dont believe he wont give you.