sleeperstakes

What's more important an idea, or its execution?

9 posts in this topic

What's your opinion on this? Is the idea it's self more important? Or how it's put into reality. Is a bad idea with a good execution better than a good idea with a bad execution?

(Both, or none, isn't an answer)

i know i shouldn't say both but i would because that increases the chance of getting really good results how i see it is almost similar to two side of a coin they both have 50% of the same value which would be the *end result* if the other is lower it doesn't add up to the whole value of the *coin* 

but i am not an expert(they may be a better way researched by others) on this just saying this from personal experience 

Edited by BjarkeT

Some people see ideas for its own sake. Some people would rather see the process for it.

People say ideas aren’t useful, but there are many jobs out there that do some meaningful work with ideas. The idea people and the practical work together somehow. Like how scientists may collect new theories, and enginners may find practical outputs for them. Or how artists may pour ideas of change for sociey in their work, and people in relevant positions from akl walks of life can apply them.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

@sleeperstakes

Of course your idea matters, I believe in being highly strategic like Leo talks about.

But the reality is that most people don't fail because of the lack of good ideas out there. They fail because of their own self-imposed limitations.

You ever see people that get an idea to start a business, but then don't want to tell anyone because they're afraid their idea might get "stolen"? What I've seen is that people with that default attitude won't ever create that business anyway.

They haven't realized that you could give the world's best idea to everyone on the planet and 99% of them couldn't execute on it. They don't realize it because they still believe their programming that says "external circumstances dictate my life".

Back when I was in graduate school, my business partner and I applied for something called YCombinator. It's a startup incubator out in Silicon Valley where you can get capital for your business as well as training / mentoring.

What surprised me about that application process was how little they cared about our business idea. You would think if someone was going to hand you $120k, they'd want every detail about what you were doing. But they were foremost concerned about getting to know the founders, because they understood that success is largely about who you are.

How about Steve Jobs? Was Steve Jobs able to create Pixar after he got fired from Apple because Pixar was the best idea?

Maybe, but the reality is that Steve Jobs was an executor as proven by Apple. And people who are executors, execute. Plain and simple.

Neither is more important than the other.  Loosely-speaking, however, the vision or goal should proceed the action, but not always.  Don’t turn this into a limiting-belief.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:59 AM, sleeperstakes said:

What's more important an idea, or its execution?
(Both, or none, isn't an answer)

Answer:  Both.

Nothing happens if you have one without the other.

Which is more important, night or day?