How to be wise

You will die young if you have strong life purpose, says sadhguru

31 posts in this topic

Sadhguru talks about how people with strong visions and life purposes always die young because they can’t control their life energies. They throw away their energies too much. If you have a strong life purpose and you feel passionate you must learn how to control your life energies. That can only be done through Yoga. 

For more info: http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-meditation/demystifying-yoga/power-mind-making-thought-truly-powerful/

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I wonder from what basis sadhguru is talking from. How would he know that passionate people die young? 

But, it does make sense. When I'm passionate my chest heats up and my heartbeats are faster. But I'm sure that meditation or contemplation can help with that as well. Doesn't have to be yoga.

Think about an intense fire that quickly burns out as it runs out of fuel, compared to one which is constantly and consistently sustained. 

18 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

Think about an intense fire that quickly burns out as it runs out of fuel, compared to one which is constantly and consistently sustained. 

You’ll die young when your passion is consistently sustained. If you want to live a passionate life without dying young you better learn to control your life energies. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise The article you posted says that human beings are born with large amounts of untapped energy, and that when someone is passionate about something they throw away a lot of energy, and that leads to their death. Can you see the contradiction there? If we have large amounts of reserves, spending extra energy on passion shouldn’t be a problem. 

I’m not a big fan of yogis. I read a yoga book where it said that we have 114 chakra centres. Seriously, how did they come to that number? Did they count every one of them? 

How is adopting those beliefs and loaded assumptions helpful in the first place? 

Any question you ask, look for the assumptions within it and question them, keep going and you’ll get to scary and peaceful place of not a fecking clue.

Assumptions within:

You

Die/Time/Birth

Some random outside yourself telling you something that’s true (including this post)

Edited by Ocean

18 minutes ago, Ocean said:

How is adopting those beliefs and loaded assumptions helpful in the first place? 

Any question you ask, look for the assumptions within it and question them, keep going and you’ll get to scary and peaceful place of not a fecking clue.

Assumptions within:

You

Die/Time/Birth

Some random outside yourself telling you something that’s true (including this post)

Listen. I’m not saying that it’s absolutely true. Stop bringing enlightenment and consciousness to a discussion about health. We are talking in terms of relative truth. If you are very passionate you will die young because you lose too much energy. Or in other words you release more energy than you receive. You need to learn to control those energies to live longer.

35 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Listen. I’m not saying that it’s absolutely true. Stop bringing enlightenment and consciousness to a discussion about health. We are talking in terms of relative truth. If you are very passionate you will die young because you lose too much energy. Or in other words you release more energy than you receive. You need to learn to control those energies to live longer.

If that’s what you believe, rock on and enjoy. It’s all part of the experience in the end. And you’re right, different sub section of discussion. 

Where are the references of the people who he’s talking about, general generalisation and a reason to keep talking in my fake view.

How are you going to change because of it? Not be passionate about anything. What if I’m apparenrly passionate of being alive and existing just for the sake it. Guess I’ll die, which in strange way I’m kinda looking forward to...from a pure childlike curiosity angle. 

If you’re empty, centered, grounded or whatever concept that floats your boat and passion comes from that, not sure it’s really an issue, and honestly I both don’t know if that’s true and don’t care.

I’ll bet it all comes down to seriousness. You can still be playful with seriousness of passionate endeavours. If you’re full on serious, I can see your point. In my experience people that are like that don’t get much back from life and might die (not always in the physical sense) in life because they’re in battle rather than a dance 

Edited by Ocean

@Ocean read the article if you want to know about passion and dying young. Read my posts if you want to know what to do about it. I can’t repeat everything just for you.

49 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Ocean read the article if you want to know about passion and dying young. Read my posts if you want to know what to do about it. I can’t repeat everything just for you.

Read it brother, just too loaded, and creates limits and reinforces separation in a few ways - hence the original post and getting lost in the world of concepts and this discussion.

I’m passionatly wrong in all the above posts anyway. There’s no really true way other than not knowing and rolling with that. I like challenging myself that’s all.

Btw, Just saw your quote by BK at the bottom of your posts. How do play with that dichotomy?

Oops. Sucked right back in :)

Considering what my ego thinks it will do in some years, I might die at 35.

Only 7 years to go ... 

title.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin this is serious shit man. Leo is convincing people to live more passionate lives. But by doing that, they will lose a lot of their life energies and eventually die young. If you want to live a long life, start yoga now.

People ask whether they should start with life purpose or spirituality. The answer is spirituality. Your life depends on it. 

32 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Shin this is serious shit man. Leo is convincing people to live more passionate lives. But by doing that, they will lose a lot of their life energies and eventually die young. If you want to live a long life, start yoga now.

People ask whether they should start with life purpose or spirituality. The answer is spirituality. Your life depends on it. 

It's only serious if you let it be. In my view he's challenging folk, which I'm cool with. Never stop moving.

In some ways, so are you, in matters to you - energy and early death. What if living a full life (spiritual) is one full of passion of life in of its self no matter the appearance of random, beautiful, small aspects of it...getting a job, mate, hobby, whatever passion we seem to end up with.

Consider you never read that article. More at peace, or limited and full or fear? 

"Until we know that death is equal to life, we live in fear." -- Byron Kati

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Considering what my ego thinks it will do in some years, I might die at 35.

Only 7 years to go ... 

title.png

I love my ego for that matter...some of them I don't even want to physically attempt his nonsense so i'll write a novel where he can play things out that way. The joy of experience.

@How to be wise I want to start doing yoga to control and harness my energy, but there’s no information on the techniques. Everywhere I go it says that yoga techniques are secret and I have to go initiate at some random centre, or join this club... etc. I want to do this yoga stuff at home. How are you practicing yoga?

22 hours ago, Nahm said:

Could be propaganda

(lived to be 95)

must not have had any passion.

28D67BC7-1810-4567-BCBA-26CB6A896FED.jpeg

Mandela lived with passion and died late 

On 12/21/2017 at 6:26 PM, Speedscarlet said:

@How to be wise I want to start doing yoga to control and harness my energy, but there’s no information on the techniques. Everywhere I go it says that yoga techniques are secret and I have to go initiate at some random centre, or join this club... etc. I want to do this yoga stuff at home. How are you practicing yoga?

You can find kundaline yoga videos on YouTube  

You reminded me of something I've read from Osho. He claimed that most of the people who become enlightened before they're 35 leave their body.

He justifies that as follows: before the age of 35 your bike goes uphill, after the age of 35 - downhill. If you stop pedalling before you're 35, you're bike is not going to go by itself much longer. If you stop pedalling after you're 35, your bike, by inertion, will continue pedalling a lot of time ahead.

He says that, in most of the cases, the body of a human being who is younger than 35 cannot handle the magnitude of such an event as enlightenment.

P.S. I guess Leo has to postpone his enlightenment for at least 3 years, if he doesn't want to die. 

Oh, wait...

Edited by Serge