kieranperez

How Do I Set My Intention For Psychedelic Trips?

7 posts in this topic

So I want to start doing my research on psychedelics so I can open myself in creating my own life purpose. I’ve retaken @Leo Gura‘s Life Purpose Course multiple times from start to finish but I’m noticing that my mind is just too closed off from other possibilities. I keep landing at being an elite running coach (more specific than that but that’s not the point). Now, yes, that’s something I’ve always kinda gravitated towards because I’ve always loved training theory and what not and also working with people. However, I notice it doesn’t feel authentic to me at the end of the day if I’m self honest but my mind is just so closed on any other possible purposes I could have in terms of a career. So I want to use psychedelics to help me open my mind to that. 

That said, I remember watching Leo’s episode on how to use psychedelics for personal development and he mentioned setting the intention of what I want to get out of my trip. I don’t really understand what that means though when I think about how I actually do that. For instance, do I just constantly have that intention my head and contemplate while the substance is taking effect? I do understand that its important to have an objective because obviously if I didn’t have one, why else would I be taking it? So hopefully that makes more sense now as far as my question.

Also, how do I know what psychedelic is best in conjunction with what I want to get out of my desired psychedelic trip? How do I determine for example: ‘oh, lsd would is the best to take for this given objective.’

thanks as always!

The only intention needed is an open mind. 

Sure, journal about it. And have a clear vision as to why you are taking the substance. This is something you can do before hand. This will help clear your mind to set you off in the right direction.

But once youve taken the substance... Let go of all intentions and let the trip be the guide. You came in prepared though, and that will pay off. You'll see.

Intention and open mindedness seem to be a contradicting one another.

When you start to trip, try to steer your thoughts to some subject, like Life Purpose.

@kieranperez  You have an intention for taking a psychedelic already otherwise you wouldn’t be taking it. See, whether you’re aware of it or not there is always an intention there. The reason you’re taking it is to get clear on your life purpose right? That is an intention. I think what would be useful to you is to clarify what sticking points you’re experiencing with identifying your life purpose. Literally write them down. For example, write down “Why doesn’t my purpose feel authentic?” Read over what you wrote before your trip that way they’re fresh in your mind and continue to look back at what you wrote throughout your trip if you need to. 

I am not a expert on psychedelic trips but I think I understand what you want. I would meditate on whatever you want your intention to be for  a couple days before. 

Think about your intention over and over in diffrent ways keep bringing your  attntion and focus  to that intention with all your being all your awarness.  If you are thinking about somehing for a few days using repitation  inquiry visulation your mind will be more likely to focus your trip on this. As a secondary I would have a buddy that is not triping  help direct and focus your trip as well tell them why you are doing it and what your goal is. Make vision boards that you can look at while triping  record questions  that you want answered in a mp3 and hear them  them while triping. Basically  you are trying to flood your mind with the problem or solution to be resolved. I would implement several layers of props and safeguards to direct or guide the trip.  Again this is my take on what I would do. I am not a expert at trips.  

This is just how I would so approach it Understanding the mind as I do.

Good luck 

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

I don't really understand how someone can take a psychedelic with an intention. To me the beauty of psychedelics is that everything I thought I knew about the world go out the window.