How to be wise

God is sorry for ever creating us?

36 posts in this topic

Believe it or not, that’s exactly what Paramahansa Yogananda said. I was listening to one of his tapes. Now what the hell does that mean? How could he ever know that?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Believe it or not, that’s exactly what Paramahansa Yogananda said. I was listening to one of his tapes. Now what the hell does that mean? How could he ever know that?

Are you referring to this?:

"Just lay yourself at God’s feet. There is no time like the present to surrender yourself unto Him....Use all the strength of your soul to find God....The smoke-screen of delusion has come between us and Him, and He is sorry that we have lost sight of Him. He is not happy seeing His children suffer so much — dying from falling bombs, terrible diseases, and wrong habits of living. He regrets it, for He loves us and wants us back. If only you would make the effort at night to meditate and be with Him! He thinks of you so much. You are not forsaken. It is you who have forsaken your Self.... God is never indifferent to you....

The sole purpose of creation is to compel you to solve its mystery and perceive God behind all. He wants you to forget everything else and to seek Him alone. Once you have found refuge in the Lord, there is no consciousness of life and death as realities. You will then see all dualities like dreams during sleep, coming and going in the eternal existence of God. Forget not this sermon, a sermon He is expressing to you through my voice. Forget not! He is saying:

“I am just as helpless as you, for I, as your soul, am tied in the body with you. Unless you redeem your Self, I am caged with you. Dally no more, groveling in the mud of suffering and ignorance. Come! bathe in My light.”

- from http://www.yogananda-srf.org/HowtoLive/Inner_Security_in_an_Uncertain_World.aspx#.WinX0lWWaM8

It sounds completely metaphorical, like a text version of a poetry.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

We’re we created? 

Who’s god in this case?

Is this an attempt to gain security in an idea? 

Can ideals ever solve the problem of division in relationship? Or does this very attempt to bring about security through an idea accelerate insecurity to greater extents? 

We are improving over the long run.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Faceless my closest idea of what God is,is the Subconscious mind.

Think dreams - who created your dream last night?  It wasnt you, because then you'd know what will happen before it happens.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Shanmugam No. The poetry was similar, but he literally said "He [God] is sorry for ever creating us."  

@Faceless @Dodo Yogananda is an enlightened yogi, so his notion of God is probably Absolute Infinity. 

I just don't get how you could ever have a direct experience that God regrets ever creating us. Unless you could...

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Shanmugam No. The poetry was similar, but he literally said "He [God] is sorry for ever creating us."  

@Faceless @Dodo Yogananda is an enlightened yogi, so his notion of God is probably Absolute Infinity. 

I just don't get how you could ever have a direct experience that God regrets ever creating us. Unless you could...

Unless we havent been created!  Not That, right? Then,  if you're not that, whether God is sorry or not for a creation that is not you becomes somebody else's concern. ?

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodo ..dreams seem to merely be an enxtension of our daily lives. The feelings,thoughts, and rememberance is carried on into sleep. The disordered mind of the day becomesthe same  when we sleep.

Fortunately I don’t dream or am lucky enough to totally forget them.

Edited by Faceless

@Shanmugam ...absolute infinity is still speculation my friend. And creation implies a creator. So I don’t think that sounds like rational way discribe the start of this happening.

And I question anyone who claims to be a yogi. If we are inquirers of thought,knowledge/time/ego. We have no need to follow some “yogi” 

Edited by Faceless

13 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Dodo ..dreams seem to merely be an enxtension of our daily lives. The feelings,thoughts, and rememberance is carried on into sleep. The disordered mind of the day becomes when we sleep.

Fortunately I don’t dream or one lucky enough to totally forget them.

Why man, dreams are amazing. Last night I was in Germany, i was pretending to be an exchange student witha bunch of friends. They quickly caught us. 

We had many more adventures afterwards, like climbing down a huge and very narrow staircase to get to some other place. I'm leaving out a lot of small details tho. It was an epic dream.

There were a lot of trains for some reason, a lot. 

Edited by Dodo

Nice ??.that sounds like an excellent adventure...I just appreciate when the mind ceases so when wake I feel totally reenergized.

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Nice ??.that sounds like an excellent adventure...I just appreciate when the mind ceases so when wake I feel totally reenergized.

Dreams do not make you tired. Especially if they make you even more energised through enthusiasm and wonder.

If your mind is running when you sleep you are not getting the rest that you could if your mind was quiet. 

Edited by Faceless

6 hours ago, Faceless said:

If your mind is running when you sleep you are not getting the rest that you could if your mind was quiet. 

I haven't seen this as true in my experience. Why do you believe so?

For one you caught the worse day for this hypothesis, because my last night's dreams were some of the most vivid ever, and I had one of the best, most wakeful mornings.

It was a joy recollecting all the events that happened and re-imagining the most notable scenes. If I were good at painting,  it would be the muse that keeps on giving.

Dreams like these allow me to live out scenarios which I am not able to live in 'real life'. It happened in a dream, sure, but with such a realistic dream it is like it actually happened you know. An experience is an experience. 

Edited by Dodo

13 hours ago, Dodo said:

It wasnt you, because then you'd know what will happen before it happens.

*John Cena meme* Are you SURE about that?!

6 hours ago, Dodo said:

Dreams do not make you tired.

When you have a ton of your repressed shadow come up in your dream and begin the integration process in the morning... youll be fuuucking tired mate.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

26 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

When you have a ton of your repressed shadow come up in your dream and begin the integration process in the morning... youll be fuuucking tired mate.

What do you mean, like trying to find out what my nightmare meant? I dont do readings of the dreams like that. I let them be complete in themselves.  Whatever happened happened, its over now. New dream

If u haven’t experienced this non dreaming state than I would guess your mind is not quiet. Idk lol

I don’t assume this is so, I live it. It’s actually happening 

32 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

When i say me, i mean the Ego that is inside of the dream. That little entity that is the first person of the dream. I don't call the entire mind me, only the Conscious part, the rest I have no control over so que sera sera

48 minutes ago, Faceless said:

If u haven’t experienced this non dreaming state than I would guess your mind is not quiet. Idk lol

I don’t assume this is so, I live it. It’s actually happening 

What is happening?  

Non dreaming state means deep sleep and everyone goes through it. What do you refer to?

Sorry but I believe you are missing some important nuances. For example the nuance that awareness is always quiet and that is who I am in the very root.

The art, @Faceless, is to find the quiet when mind is not quiet. Otherwise you are just running from it and suppressing it. Mind Wants to express and it will. 

This guy should be the most tired guy on the planet >.< Btw watch it, Charlie Morley is one of my main dreaming teachers. I've experienced so much thanks to him - especially being aware of the magical hypnagogic state. 

Edited by Dodo