Dodo

Law of attraction - Either a lie or useless

48 posts in this topic

What is a law? Well from the dictionary - "a statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present."

What is the law of attraction? Some would say it is a way to attract what you desire  - proven untrue, because most people don't have what they desire. When this pops up, the usual defense is that the law of attraction is actually attracting "that which you already are". Nice cop out answer, but why would I desire that which I already am? 

The only conclusion is that law of attraction is either a lie (doesn't work) or useless, because it can only attract that which you already are/have. What's the point of the law of attraction and why are so many buzzing over it? Mostly in America too, because in America things people desire are much easier to get. Funny. There you have less actual obstacles to things, mostly mental ones. Nice place to be born in, but not everyone's that lucky. (Also have to be lucky enough to have a good education/family I guess) 

If I want a million dollars, I have to be a million dollars? How does one become a million dollars? What is the vibration of a million dollars? 

Let's rename it to the Lie of attraction, not Law. A Law is something that would work no matter WHAT. This "law" has proven wrong again and again in my experience as I keep not attracting what I want, but the opposite of it in my life. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Are you actually detached from those desires? That's quite a crucial part. You do not seem to be, as not achieving what you want seems more like your "vibratory state". Without being detached of the outcome you have a fear based underlying mechanism working through you. 

And if you want that million dollar: besides BEING that millionair, you could ask yourself questions what would I as a millionair do in this or that situation? How would a millionair like me react? 

9 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Are you actually detached from those desires? That's quite a crucial part. You do not seem to be, as not achieving what you want seems more like your "vibratory state". Without being detached of the outcome you have a fear based underlying mechanism working through you. 

And if you want that million dollar: besides BEING that millionair, you could ask yourself questions what would I as a millionair do in this or that situation? How would a millionair like me react? 

A millionaire would use their money. Simply believing somehow that I am a millionaire doesn't grant me the ability to use my millions of money. You see the problem? 

Doesn't get me out of debt, freedom from work, doesn't give me freedom to travel the world, doesn't give me [insert what money gives, which is a lot here].

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

A millionaire would use their money. Simply believing somehow that I am a millionaire doesn't grant me the ability to use my millions of money. You see the problem? 

Doesn't get me out of debt, doesn't give me freedom to travel the world, doesn't give me [insert what money gives, which is a lot here].

Yes of course. But you're misunderstanding the concept then. The fact you don't know how to be one, makes this whole task unrealistic for you. A millionair would know how to get money. So try to be in a state where you attract ideas after ideas. Where you attract the right people in life that help you become that. Make it more realistic for yourself and don't forget the interconnectivity.

I for example also want to become a millionair. But my goals for the coming 2 years would be 50 thousand euros per year. Once i have achieved that, a lot more possibilities for becoming a millionair will be attracted. Through experience, capital, the feeling with money and knowing the right people.

6 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Yes of course. But you're misunderstanding the concept then. The fact you don't know how to be one, makes this whole task unrealistic for you. A millionair would know how to get money. So try to be in a state where you attract ideas after ideas. Where you attract the right people in life that help you become that. Make it more realistic for yourself and don't forget the interconnectivity.

I for example also want to become a millionair. But my goals for the coming 2 years would be 50 thousand euros per year. Once i have achieved that, a lot more possibilities for becoming a millionair will be attracted. Through experience, capital, the feeling with money and knowing the right people.

But how is that the law of attraction then? It's simply working towards your goal. It's not a magical property of the universe.. My problem is with the whole concept of the law of attraction. It's presented as this magical thing that can give you whatever you want effortlessly. It makes me almost angry that so many people believe in that crap. I don't know why. 

Attraction implies stuff comes to you, not that you have to walk towards them and get them. It's just a shitty lie that's all.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

25 minutes ago, Dodo said:

But how is that the law of attraction then? It's simply working towards your goal. It's not a magical property of the universe.. My problem is with the whole concept of the law of attraction. It's presented as this magical thing that can give you whatever you want effortlessly. It makes me almost angry that so many people believe in that crap. I don't know why. 

Attraction implies stuff comes to you, not that you have to walk towards them and get them. It's just a shitty lie that's all.

Yeah that's the big misunderstanding. You have to work your ass off anyway. So that makes it a lot less magical

@Dodo This is a misunderstanding, the law of attraction works more on the base of your frequency. If you wish for something out of a lack of that thing your actual frequency is the frequency of lack, which then you obviously attract more of trough your continued striving for something you don't have. If you just show gratitude for something you have, or you just think of something without a lack or hidden lack of that, it will work perfectly. That is also why showing gratitude and love is the best thing you can do for yourself, because you will end up attracting more of it.

20 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@Dodo This is a misunderstanding, the law of attraction works more on the base of your frequency. If you wish for something out of a lack of that thing your actual frequency is the frequency of lack, which then you obviously attract more of trough your continued striving for something you don't have. If you just show gratitude for something you have, or you just think of something without a lack or hidden lack of that, it will work perfectly. That is also why showing gratitude and love is the best thing you can do for yourself, because you will end up attracting more of it.

Obviously if I want something I don't have it. This is just nonsense. 

So I will attract 1 million if I don't feel like I lack 1 million. How can that happen if I don't have 1 million? Impossible
If I concentrate on gratitude and love it will not be connected to the 1 million, so in this case law of attraction will also not attract 1 million, but perhaps other things. So it will not work 'perfectly' for my desired outcome either way. That's why I say it's either a lie or useless.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3176c8dc7da4ae3bdc7572ef33fa165b.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

3176c8dc7da4ae3bdc7572ef33fa165b.jpg

If I believe something that is not, I am delusional

I guess I already am for believing deeply I am this body-mind though. Perhaps being delusional is the only way to be.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

The concept behind the law of attraction has been changed or misunderstood by people from it's initial form and may be contributing to your issue with it. It didn't start as attracting what one wants or already is and it isn't attracting what one needs or is meant to as is also portrayed as. It's initial form was by having positive or negative thoughts one attracts positive or negative experiences.

So instead of this being a "magical" dynamic that people also have twisted it into, it is a mystical one, it's more a cognitive bias. If one is thinking in positive thoughts then the positive in the experiences will be highlighted in perception. This doesn't mean there won't be any contrary traits to what the perception of them but since the mindset doesn't acknowledge them it doesn't fill the perspective one has of the experience.

Also if the perception is oriented a certain way the interactions one has with the circumstances and individuals in these experiences will be influenced by the behaviors in light of the perception. Such as if you are friendly and smile with others people are more likely to be friendly and smile back but even if they aren't the positive thinker won't have a negative perception of the exchange, they will have a positive one, a sort of confirmation bias.

This mindset will have an accumulative effect on one's life experiences and it will appear as if there is an "attraction" of the like 'charge' so to speak. Did this make it any clearer?

@Dodo
If you still have unresolved issues around that area then obviously radiating love alone won't work, on the other hand it is probably more about the underlying thing, why do you really want the money, security? greed? The real issues lie here and the resolving of those issues might lead then to abundance in other ways, not neccessairy a million dollars, you are making it way too simplistic. You still didn't grasp that such things don't work in terms of simple material objects, it works in terms of frequency. 
You resolve your issues around the subject of abundance and so you recieve more and more abundance in whatever form, in order to match your frequency.

Edited by LaucherJunge

10 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@Dodo
If you still have unresolved issues around that area then obviously radiating love alone won't work, on the other hand it is probably more about the underlying thing, why do you really want the money, security? greed? The real issues lie here and the resolving of those issues might lead then to abundance in other ways, not neccessairy a million dollars, you are making it way too simplistic. You still didn't grasp that such things don't work in terms of simple material objects, it works in terms of frequency. 
You resolve your issues around the subject of abundance and so you recieve more and more abundance in whatever form, in order to match your frequency.

I want the money because of the freedom money offers. Like I said, to travel, to get what you need, to be free from work. With 1 million I would be able to spend whatever amount of time I want in meditation for example. Things like that.

Oh yeah and I will feel that life is not screwing me in every way possible. It will be screwing me in every way possible except one! 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Except true freedom isn't about money at all.

You'll be at the exact same place as of now, except you'll have 8 more hours of free time per day, that's it.

That's of course, if you don't get corrupt and get totally inconscious/killed in the process.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

20 minutes ago, Shin said:

Except true freedom isn't about money at all.

You'll be at the exact same place as of now, except you'll have 8 more hours of free time per day, that's it.

That's of course, if you don't get corrupt and get totally inconscious/killed in the process.

8 hours more of free time is what I want.

I will be able to go for as long as i want in a mountain to meditate and enjoy beauty, then come back into the city without financial and work problems. 

How is that not a different place than being stuck with the horrible air and noise pollution of the city. 

Yes. There are better places to be physically. If one can sustain themselves. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo maybe he means a different place, as in, different perspective. A hell of a call back to the topic.          Something from my ‘real’ life... I have an insurance agency (as an independent contractor) , and other agents who have agencies with the same company (same brand), for many more years than I have, come to my office and pay me as a consultant on how to run their agencies. They all start out explaining and complaining how their lack of success is due to the rates of the company, how there is no one good available to hire, etc. We are in the same area, selling the same products, with the exact same rates. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Dodo You dont have to believe it if you don't want to, however, if you are curious... then do lots of research and read some books on it. :-) come to your own conclusion. 

17 minutes ago, AleksM said:

@Dodo

Has that ever worked for anyone? I mean, first of all how do you know what your better parallel reality self vibrates at? What does that even mean? Secondly, is it possible for me to lose my physical bodily imperfections such as skin disease simply by an inner shift? (In order to have the perfect body) 

It all seems like wishful thinking and then maybe some confirmation bias with some people who have had lucky breaks while doing this... 

If nobody has cured themselves by this, then shouldn't it be a proof that it doesn't work ? I am open minded, but I also hold the word LAW to a high standard. If it should work, anything should be possible, even the impossible. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟