BobbyLowell

will killing your ego really get rid of all your problems?

24 posts in this topic

Yes and no.

Your "problems" will still be there, but you won't make drama of them in your mind.

@Moreira It's not seen as a problem since there is no drama, it's just an event that you have to deal with.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yes and no.

Your "problems" will still be there, but you won't make drama of them in your mind.

So If there's no ego how them will be judged as "problems"?

@BobbyLowell  

The ego dies only to be reborn again - Evelyn Underhill

;)

So, do your personal development and consciousness work simultaneously. They both feed into each other.

It gets rid of the problems that are caused by clinging to the Ego.  A lot of suffering will get released.  

Well for I'm instance flatfooted, this would a problem for me either way. Now does effect my life in any way worth mentioning? no. This is the kind of situation you'll find your self in if you have become enlightened.(pun intended) 

On 3/12/2017 at 0:02 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

It gets rid of the problems that are caused by clinging to the Ego.  A lot of suffering will get released.  

what the difference between getting rid of the ego and resisting emotions? 

4 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

what the difference between getting rid of the ego and resisting emotions? 

You can resit your emotions either way, getting rid of the ego helps as you no longer consider them "yours"

1 minute ago, Spiral said:

You can resit your emotions either way, getting rid of the ego helps as you no longer consider them "yours"

but isn't that still resisting? 

isn't everything else other than fully feel them without resistance resisting the emotions? 

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeTWhy do you want to resist your emotions anyway, you don't want to resist them. You want to change the once you get in the first place

P.S enlightenment is also about experiencing more and deeper emotions and the once you like. So you don't really in a sense care about you old problems they don't "hurt" the same way.

Edited by Spiral

1 minute ago, Spiral said:

@BjarkeTWhy do you want to resist your emotions anyway, you don't want to resist them. You want to change the once you get in the first place

you might want to if you are dealing with strong negative emotions(some drink to avoid dealing with them for example) but i don't want to I am just trying to get a better understanding on why you want to remove the ego but i agree that changing something so you feel better is a good idea but probably best while fully feeling your emotions without resistance (as leo recommend) 

@BjarkeT Well I don't really feel like we disagree here, there are a few options to dealing with a problem here are a few.

Example: You losing hair and growing bald.

1.  You get someone kind of surgery or product to fix it.( short term solution).
  2. You learn to deal with it by resisting the emotion, and pretending  the problem does not exist(not really a solution at all)
  3. You get past the problem and growth instead(long term solution).

Killing the ego, automatically puts you at option number 3 because it does not matter. Because you have no ego.

P.S moral of the story if you shave your head you instantly become enlightened.

Edited by Spiral

how does killing the ego get you in number 3?  to get into number 3 isn't that where personal development tools come in? (for example, fixing the problems at the root cause, accepting it and make peace with it in this case etc.) 

i am sorry i still don't get why killing the ego isn't resisting emotions xD

Edited by BjarkeT

15 minutes ago, Spiral said:

@BjarkeT Well I don't really feel like we disagree here, there are a few options to dealing with a problem here are a few.

Example: You losing hair and growing bald.

1.  You get someone kind of surgery or product to fix it.( short term solution).
  2. You learn to deal with it by resisting the emotion, and pretending  the problem does not exist(not really a solution at all)
  3. You get past the problem and growth instead(long term solution).

Killing the ego, automatically puts you at option number 3 because it does not matter. Because you have no ego.

I instantly shaved my head once I knew that I would be bald someday.

DO YOU MEAN I'M ALREADY ENLIGHTENED ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

85257e2d0acc3dd499510783ab076d7a--funny-

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

38 minutes ago, Shin said:

I instantly shaved my head once I knew that I would be bald someday.

DO YOU MEAN I'M ALREADY ENLIGHTENED ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! photo.jpg

i don't know anything about enlightenment so idk just talking about the ego vs resisting emotions xD

sorry didn't saw it was to Spiral when i wrote it

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT 

Ego: Look if you identify with being a bald guy and you consider that to be a bad thing, you'll consider that a problem.

Enlightenment: wow i'm everything and everything is perfect the way it is. You won't care, just like you don't get emotional when you see someone random bald guy on the street.  

So you can kind of skip this kind of issue at least if you are enlightened, although you still need food and so on, so you can have problems. 

@Shin haha correlation not causation!

Edited by Spiral

33 minutes ago, Spiral said:

@BjarkeT 

Ego: Look if you identify with being a bald guy and you consider that to be a bad thing, you'll consider that a problem.

Enlightenment: wow i'm everything and everything is perfect the way it is. You don't care, just like you don't get emotional when you see someone random bald guy on the street.  

So you can kind of skip this kind of issue at least if you are enlightened, although you still need food and so on so you can have problems. 

@Shin haha correlation not causation!

thats make kinda sense but is enlightenment the same as getting rid of the ego? (i don't know anything about enlightenment)

@BjarkeT Not necessarily but enough questions now. Long story short yes.

17-comics-about-being-tired-that-are-too

Edited by Spiral