Brivido

What Is The Definition Of Truth?

18 posts in this topic

Or else, how can you know when something is absolutely true? In the movie The Matrix Neo gets out of the fake world, but once he enters the "real" world, he just takes that for granted. How can he be so sure that the "real" world is absolutely real, and not another computer simulation?

The consensus is that once you know, you know, there won't be any doubt.

Now this is an interesting point, because you're saying that when you wake up, there is no way to know if it's reality or still a dream.
It happens quite often in you dreams right ? You wake up in an another dream, then think it's reality ?

How do you know for sure this reality is not an another dream ? The fact that it seems constant ? What about the dreams you had that were as constant and had the same set of rules than "reality" ?

Could it be that you're still dreaming, right now ?

BsRCheY.gif

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Brivido the nature of the truth is that when someone tells it to you, you are in a position of believing them or not- so the truth really can’t be told because if even if you believe what they said - all you have is a belief. . The truth can only be experienced for One’s self, and when the truth is experienced, there is no self experiencing it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Brivido the nature of the truth is that when someone tells it to you, you are in a position of believing them or not- so the truth really can’t be told because if even if you believe what they said - all you have is a belief. . The truth can only be experienced for One’s self, and when the truth is experienced, there is no self experiencing it. 

Meaning the self that experiences is also experienced? 

To think of it, This is the reality always. The body (the self that experiences, aka Ego) is experienced and there's no experiencer to be found of the experiencer (body-mind). Just isness. Isness always wins! 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

This is why every good teachers doesn't really wants you to tell you the truth, because it doesn't help you, it makes you fantasize about it and mental masturbate about it, which isn't the point.
Good teachers gives you techniques to realize the present moment and how you can stay in it, and that include using metaphors to make you realize that you're asleep and wake you up through them.
You could have all the knowledge about enlightenment in your head, that it will still not be enough to experience it, because it's beyond thought.
You can't outsmart your mind to go beyond thought, you either go beyond thought or you don't.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Because there is no evidence this is not real. This is all there is. Theories dont change the facts. How do you know what sleep is? You must know how it is to be out of sleep to know it.

Machine is artificiol and limited and your infinite super cool gut will feel it and its the same for every aspects of the life.B|

Edited by Shu

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Shu   where are you????

Chicken & egg type of quetion? Or it depends where that question comming from because i dont know you.

Edited by Shu
Clearer answer

@Brivido Have you contemplated, "What is the definition of truth?"

Start there. Getting answers from others on such a critical question tends to be counter-productive. Anything they tell you will just be another idea subject to doubt.

Maybe there is something beyond ideas?

Or maybe there is nothing? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo is on to it.. Truth is beyond the realm of reality. Truth can not be attined in the movment of thought. Truth is active, dynamic,  alive. Reality is different than truth. Reality is of thought/knowledge,time. Reality is a projection of thought itself. It is limited, static, and a dead thing. Truth in its deepest sense can never be attained by the limited nature of reality..“no thing” or emptiness of the mind is getting close to this timeless state we call truth. 

What do u guys think?

does this seem like a rational observation? 

Edited by Faceless

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Have you contemplated, "What is the definition of truth?"

Yes, of course, quite a lot, especially after reading The Book of Not Knowing I started doubting that reality is real, which is a funny feeling to have. Before I used to take for granted that the universe was real, but then I realized that thinking the world to be real is just a belief and nothing more.

If you were to ask me right now: is the world real, or who are you? I would honestly don't know what to reply, everything I can think of is just something I believe and not something I know. Everything is second hand experience.

Sometimes, for a split second, I feel like am close to discover what is Truth, but then that feeling just sleeps away, and is quite frustrating...

@Brivido Very good young Padawan. Keep swinging that lightsabre.

It wouldn't be spiritual work without the frustration ;)

Have faith that the path is worth the effort.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The approach is most important. If we are approaching this desire to get a glimpse of truth isn’t this desire strengthened by our idea of what we think truth might be?  

How would we know if we were projecting our own interpretations of what we think truth is? 

Seems that one way to go about this would be to understand the nature of truth. To be able to identify the false in the false and with such an insight truth may just reveal itself. 

Striving to attain may very well be the barrier that prevents this state of awarness.

The unconditioned mind Intuits truth 

Bruce Lee