Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

Is Enlightnment Your Nr.1 Goal?

12 posts in this topic

Nope. At the moment I am focusing on calming my thoughts and emotions, as well as creating a passionate and fulfilling life. 

Enlightenment might me tackled in a few decades.

I would like it to be, but the damn work is so hard.

@Girzo Not really. Considering it hard is why people dont reach enlightnment. If you stop considering it hard, it just is. Just search 5 minutes a day and study it. Hard? Not at all.

No, it isn't a goal of mine and it will never be.

Doing the work, that will get me there is my number one goal. :) 

Yes and no. My real goal is to have the eye's/perspective of the world of someone's that's enlightened; I wan't to be able to enjoy life as if I was a kid again. And the no part is because of one of Eckhart Tolle's teaching that goes something like this: a goal isn't something that's possible because that's thinking in the future which doesn't exist. There's only now, you can be enlightened now.

I got nothing.

@Ether

No. I never even think about enlightenment anymore.

That's not to say I'm not doing spiritual work. I just don't care if I ever reach this magical "enlightenment" point.

I don't even care if it exists.

What excites me is just getting better every day. Any mental energy I used to spend speculating about what enlightenment is like or if I was enlightened yet just seems like noise now.

You better believe it!  It feels amazing.  Growth.  Your problems start to disappear.  Where doing nothing leads you to getting everything.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Nah. When I first got into the whole spirituality thing 'reaching' Enlightenment was definitely the only thing that was important. After some time I realized I had a very unhealthy way of dealing with the ego, emotions etc. So now I'm trying to properly deal with my emotions, ego and all of it's stroies in a healthy way (being accepting and non-judgemental about the way I feel, being observant and mindful of the kind of bullshit my Ego is trying to convince me, accepting and integrating my shadow side, learning more about myself and why I react to certain things in a certain way and so on)

I think my awakening will happen when it happens. I don't stress about it anymore, I rather focusing on doing whatever I can do right in the moment.