Charlotte

For The Past Week...

12 posts in this topic

For the past week, through my mundane life, I have been practicing this...

Whatever I am doing be it washing, walking the dog, talking to people or whatever I have been reminded my self to observe, be outside of my head and stay aware. Everyday, all day. 

A lot of the time I lose it and fall back asleep but then I pop back out of it again and crack on. It's hard, so so hard. I find myself getting angry at my own mind sometimes because it has dragged me back in and won't leave me alone ?. 

In this practice I'm hoping that I will tame my monkey mind and live more mindful and conscious. 

I was hoping for some clarity from this thread that my practice, in the long run will have some permanent results.

Does anybody else have their own techniques? Or does anybody have any practical and positive advice?

@Charlotte Sounds like a solid plan. I myself try to focus on my breath as much as I can. And I find myself judging myself too when it doesn't work out. But that's fine. We're monkeys and still learning. You just have to trust yourself that it will work out eventually. Let monkey mind question whatever it wants in the meantime. Stick to the practice, It's a long term proces :)

The art is to look without looking 

This is basically what ramana suggested to do.

I also practice putting attention on the I-feeling all day and also a few hours of practice without activity.

I haven't reached permanent results, but this practice will lead to self realization the fastest and strongest way possible.

I do however experience loads of bliss, love, happiness, joy and ecstatic energies.

However even if you don't experience all that, still doesn't mean you are any further away to become self realized.

PS: check out AWA (michael langford) site for more

Edited by Blissout

@Vitamine Water whenever I 'lose it' I'll try and come back with cncenttati on my breath. Thank you for your lovely advice ? noted.

@Blissout What are you referring to when you speak of the I-feeling?

Thanks for the Michael Langford recommendation, I will check that out. Thank you very much!

15 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Vitamine Water whenever I 'lose it' I'll try and come back with cncenttati on my breath. Thank you for your lovely advice ? noted.

@Blissout What are you referring to when you speak of the I-feeling?

Thanks for the Michael Langford recommendation, I will check that out. Thank you very much!

The sense of "I", "being", "I-sense", the sense/feeling of what I know as me as awareness.

When I am observing myself I am not observing my physical body or my movements and thoughts. but the sense of "me", the inner awareness sense.

I think it is a great practice. I am doing the same but I don't really get affected when I fail to keep up the awareness, I just see that every moment I can be aware is a win and I expect to fall back and learn from it. The easiest way to stay awake all the time is with aware breathing in my opinion.

“In order to awaken, first of all one must realize that one is in a state of sleep. And in order to realize that one is indeed in a state of sleep, one must recognize and fully understand the nature of the forces which operate to keep one in the state of sleep, or hypnosis. It is absurd to think that this can be done by seeking information from the very source which induces the hypnosis.
....One thing alone is certain, that man's slavery grows and increases. Man is becoming a willing slave. He no longer needs chains. He begins to grow fond of his slavery, to be proud of it. And this is the most terrible thing that can happen to a man.” 
― G.I. Gurdjieff

9 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Whatever I am doing be it washing, walking the dog, talking to people or whatever I have been reminded my self to observe, be outside of my head and stay aware. Everyday, all day.

When I first started this I was amazed at how much forcing or manipulation was going on. IOW how much the mind was pushing me around, how much it 'told' me what I had to, or needed to, do - and I believed it.

Now there is not so much forcing. In fact there is an increased sensitivity to force (or manipulation) in general.

I now realise that forcing myself is not the way to go; that the 'way to go' is a natural inclination 'in some direction' - and observing what happens. (And this is much more pleasant than forcing :)).

Edited by dorg

exactly what I am also trying to do. I try to expand being mindful beyond my usual meditation. I also try to observe my breath throughout the day. it's so challenging. I continue falling off track.. but you motivated me! now I know I am not the only one struggling.. we can do it! 

patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet xD

whatever arises, love that

Great exercises! 

Remember, the one who gets angry is also mind and also observed by awareness. 

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

16 hours ago, Blissout said:

The sense of "I", "being", "I-sense", the sense/feeling of what I know as me as awareness.

When I am observing myself I am not observing my physical body or my movements and thoughts. but the sense of "me", the inner awareness sense.

Aaaaaaah I see I see. I understand now. Thank you for clarifying that ?

15 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

I think it is a great practice. I am doing the same but I don't really get affected when I fail to keep up the awareness, I just see that every moment I can be aware is a win and I expect to fall back and learn from it. The easiest way to stay awake all the time is with aware breathing in my opinion.

“In order to awaken, first of all one must realize that one is in a state of sleep. And in order to realize that one is indeed in a state of sleep, one must recognize and fully understand the nature of the forces which operate to keep one in the state of sleep, or hypnosis. It is absurd to think that this can be done by seeking information from the very source which induces the hypnosis.
....One thing alone is certain, that man's slavery grows and increases. Man is becoming a willing slave. He no longer needs chains. He begins to grow fond of his slavery, to be proud of it. And this is the most terrible thing that can happen to a man.” 
― G.I. Gurdjieff

Awesome quote! Great insight. You've opened my eyes to knowing I can learn from 'falling back asleep' I will watch it more carefully. Thank you for that! Yes I have noticed naturally I have been bringing awareness to my breath so I will continue to do so. Thank you again. 

12 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

exactly what I am also trying to do. I try to expand being mindful beyond my usual meditation. I also try to observe my breath throughout the day. it's so challenging. I continue falling off track.. but you motivated me! now I know I am not the only one struggling.. we can do it! 

patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet xD

This made me chuckle so much! I can tell just from reading your comment you know exactly what I mean ??

You've also motivated me by me motivating you ??

13 hours ago, dorg said:

When I first started this I was amazed at how much forcing or manipulation was going on. IOW how much the mind was pushing me around, how much it 'told' me what I had to, or needed to, do - and I believed it.

Now there is not so much forcing. In fact there is an increased sensitivity to force (or manipulation) in general.

I now realise that forcing myself is not the way to go; that the 'way to go' is a natural inclination 'in some direction' - and observing what happens. (And this is much more pleasant than forcing :)).

Yes me too! It's outstanding isn't it! I'm so so glad I've woken to my own mind. I know what you mean by forcing also. I will keep one eye on that. So glad you have found your own technique that works for you.