Brimstone

Language Pointers

21 posts in this topic

Although language is limited in trying to understand and explain 'enlightenment', language has some pretty interesting pointers that reveal very simple truths that are right before our very eyes.

This thread is just for any who feel compelled to share their discoveries......

For example

When sperm meets egg, it is said to be their moment of................ conception. Does that mean that I was a concept before I was even born? o.O

Here's another

what is extraordinary, is extra ordinary, or in other words, more ordinary than ordinary. Extraordinary indeed!

And another

History is his story. I wonder what sort of world we lived in if the conquered didn't have all of their stories destroyed? 

Edited by Brimstone

Here’s one: describe which part of a thought is real vs. which part is false.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

You should love this one..

enlightenment - en being within or in, light being light, and ment being the preposition of nouns into action. So does that mean that enlightenment is nothing more that discovering ones light within? ;)

Edited by Brimstone

18 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

Whats the word @Joseph Maynor

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water regarding the mind!   We use the mind all the time.  The non-dual contains the dual.  It’s more subtle than you assume.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

haha, so very true. Life isn't so twisted that it would give you a screw driver to hammer a nail. In other words, you can only use the tools you have got, all of which serve a purpose. ;)

Edited by Brimstone

@Nahm I don’t even know now if I was born — and now you spring this on me!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

lol @Nahm 

Don't remember my moment of conception but I remember both of my kids, they were definitely big bangs, lol. Birds started going ballistic and every thing seemed more alive than normal.

Don't remember The Big Bang either, lol

Did you experience the Big Bang on DMT, I have heard that isn't uncommon?

Edited by Brimstone

So universe translates to uni being 1, and verse being poetic literacy, which would make the universe 1 poetic literacy, lol. Makes sense in a very abstract kind of way.

Actualize: ACT-YOU-lize

Business: BUSY-ness

Culture: CULT-your

Mind your ABC's ;)

P.S. Self: super-elf

Mind your self.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Word are meaningless and forgettable, so enjoy the silence.

I have to say the anti thought/ word bias in Enlightenment is something that I find to be a regrettable dogma in this work.  Everything has applicability someplace including thoughts and words.  We don’t want to set a firm rule down like a principle.  That is dogmatic.  You don’t wanna be anti feet if you use your feet!  Not very smart, right?  The non-dual contains the dual.  You gotta grok that.

When you stick your head in the sand, reality eventually comes right back ‘round and bites you in the ass!  And that’s foreseeable too, it’s not a coincidence.  It’s called belief, duality, dogma.  Reality laughs at those silly mental maneuvers characteristic of ego.

The mind is used all the time!  All the frigging time!  Open your eyes!  What we wanna avoid are the bad uses of mind.  That’s the issue.  It’s more subtle than get rid of words.  That’s a ridiculous caricature of the true problem if you take the time to observe the true nature of it.  Subtlety over this issue is often regrettably lost I’ve found.  Why is that?

The true skeptic is not dogmatic.  Watch:

Another vid on point:  Watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

birth - be earth

realise - real lies

squirt some etymology if compelled @K VIL :)

ps. the thought of self as a super elf makes me feel as though I am playing some sort of lucid fantasy game, lol

Under stand (this might mean something) 

quest ion 

a void (avoid a void)

Is you? Issue.. is you 

Heard .. herd 

Fund a mental ?? :D 

Love the making an ass out of you and me and the quest I am on, lol 

the present - the gift that just keeps on giving