TruthSeeker

I Want To Be A Chimp :)

88 posts in this topic

Enlightened or not is something totally independent when we analyze our productivity.

11 hours ago, bobbyward said:

for me i want out of suffering, fear, shame and guilt. if i hadnt got this intense suffering i dont think i would have the interest or motivation for this seeking. i think suffering is the fuel that fires the search in most cases. 

What is causing your suffering, fear,shame and guilt? 

4 hours ago, step1 said:

My ego has given me a painful ride all my life.  It's not helping me.

Why would you do that?  

In other words once you have reached enlightenment you essentially die.  Why then are we rushing towards this?

My point exactly...life is empty of meaning...nothing exists...I might as well just enjoy this awesome candy shop of the world! Why spend my life trying to realize and live with the fact fact that I don't exist and nothing exists...Meaning...IF thats true then seems better to me just to enjoy the pleasures of life. (Of course knowing that nothing really exists and its all an illusion and its not really "ME" who's enjoying those things because who I think is "me" isnt really me, its just the thoughts in my head making me think this body is really me...according to leo) 

By the way folks I cant watch videos on my computer (theres a filter) so trying to send me a video doesnt help me...its better to just say the point that the video is trying to communicate!

OK, well the video is kinda tounge in cheek, where Cypher in the matrix decides to go back to "not knowing". Here's something else instead:

Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Dude what re you saying?

Dude what re you saying?

More just to provoke a thought, than to say anything.

I read this and l would like to express my opinion. If you believe you have all you need, even tho you have descovered that there is another possibility to live life then fine. you really shpuld'nt do nothing. As long as you enjoy life and feel fullfiled and don't harm other beings then all good :D But when some day you will have some tickle in the back of youre head that you would like to know more you know where to start! :) All is just perfect. For me, that thing I have discovered the enlightment thing gives me so hope. Cause I am an afraid, too sensitive and unsecured human being and I didn't know what to do with my down feelings until I've stumbled upon this thing. It gives me hope and I am determend to take it further. So I guess all is good. We all just do what we believe is for the best. I am happy for you that you at least know this possible. for someday... :) PEACE

You have to do what you have to do Truthseeker! or Illusionseeker! 

Just good luck with whatever you do and I hope someday you will come back to the forum or to the path of search of your true self.

I think what you are wrong is saying we don't exists. What it doesn't exists is your ego. You have a real self that if you get in touch with it you can accomplish your wildest dreams.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

26 minutes ago, Neo said:

More just to provoke a thought, than to say anything.

I would add this
;)

John 14:12 "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

7 hours ago, ayokolomo said:

I couldnt agree more.  What many people have failed to recognize is that, according to many traditions, once enlightenment has been reached it is difficult to return to the body.  In fact many qi gong exercises are designed to keep the ego alive.  

In other words once you have reached enlightenment you essentially die.  Why then are we rushing towards this?

Maybe here there's a hint

Matthew 16:25
"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."

1 hour ago, ayokolomo said:

Why would you do that?  

Do what?

13 hours ago, TruthSeeker said:

After thinking about the whole enlightenment thing for a while I've come to the conclusion that it's not for me. It seems interesting. I just don't see the point. I'm a great person. I'm not experiencing suffering. I'm developing. I'm working on my career. I dont see the point of getting in touch with the nothingness. If nothing has meaning and The real me doesn't exist and I'm fooling my self right now with my thoughts thinking that I'm who I am so I think I just want to live with fooling myself. Meaning as long as I know in the back of my mind that its not true so I might as well enjoy life and forget about trying to "experience" the "no-self". If life is meaningless and empty so why not just ride this horse of a body till I die at a hopefully very old age? For get about meditating and forget about trying to realize I don't exist..I'de rather live with the illusion of self at least for while Im here. It seems dumb to try to connect with the fact that I dont exist...seems like Im loosing valuable illusion time. If its true that when I die I will be that same nothingness that I am now without the illusion of the body...I might as well live out this illusion to the fullest and then be this nothingness when I die. Why should I try to be enlightened now? For the feeling...well it cant be for the feeling because its not a feeling according to what people are saying...its just plain conscientiousness...not my conscientiousness..just conscientiousness...but whats the point in that...Leo will say..."point? points are made up and don't exist...your ego is trying find a point" or something like that. I think I'de rather be a chimp. The illusion seems better than enlightenment. The enlightenment seems like darkness.

Sound like a plan? Who's with me?

i didn't go through this whole thing and i apologize if i'm repeating someone but i didn't want to be influenced by others in my response. all i want to say is...it's ok, take the time you need. enlightenment isn't going anywhere. it will be here when/if you wish to seek it. there's no forcing it...no convincing...and no pressure to achieve it. from the time you are born, everything has brought you to where you are now. you may just need more time to live out where you are at...or not. you have plenty of time to figure it out. maybe let yourself do that without worry-work up to it and let it come...or not.  just knowing about it has already put you on the path...take comfort in that...or not.

@TruthSeeker fundamentally i would say thoughts and conditioning.

you are probably going to ask me who is the one suffering?? lol

i have asked this thousands of times but decades of conditioning doesnt go away so easy. 

Sorry, I think the context in what that phrase was said is really powerful:

Matthew 16:24-26

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?…"

I think a lot of people might need to be shimps until they realize how worthless that life is.

It's like that book with a really weird name in the bible talk about, it's the one with "nothing new under the sun" if anyone want to look it up.
It's named like Eclisiante or something similar.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade Viking said:

I think a lot of people might need to be shimps until they realize how worthless that life is.

It's like that book with a really weird name in the bible talk about, it's the one with "nothing new under the sun" if anyone want to look it up.
It's named like Eclisiante or something similar.

Ecclesiastes 

"Everything Is Meaningless"

47 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Maybe here there's a hint

Matthew 16:25
"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."

It sounds amazing, but are you really truly bursting with such a desire that you would be willing to die?  I do not have such a gift, perhaps you do 

Lets see.  As you read this take your hand and cover your nose so that you cannot breathe.  Now close your mouth, after several minutes without breathing answer this question.  To inhale and save your life or die so that you can become enlightend. 

This is the level of commitment that one must have, and no everytime I try, even if I wanted to my body naturally inhales. 

48 minutes ago, step1 said:

Do what?

Allow yourself to put yourself through a painful ride.