momo

Existential Crisis

11 posts in this topic

how to deal with existential crisis ? why i'm doing what i'm doing if i'm gonna die anyway ? what's the fucking point ?!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, momo said:

how to deal with existential crisis ? why i'm doing what i'm doing if i'm gonna die anyway ? what's the fucking point ?!!!!!!!!

The point is to have experience and through that gain understanding, ie, expand your consciousness/self-awareness.

You have experience by imagining (thinking, believing) you are located somewhere, in some situation. This is only imagination but is experienced as extremely real.

So what you are essentially doing is working your way out of your own imagination. How mind blowing is that!

@momo Why play a video game? You know before you start playing it that you're gonna eventually stop playing it.

Why have sex? You know before you start that you will stop.

Why go on a vacation? You know before you start that you will come back home at the end.

Everything you've ever done in your life has been pointless. You just weren't conscious of it. Pointlessness doesn't stop you from living. It just robs you of a certain kind of fantasy about life. It makes you aware of your mortality and the fleeting nature of reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything you've ever done in your life has been pointless. You just weren't conscious of it. Pointlessness doesn't stop you from living. It just robs you of a certain kind of fantasy about life. It makes you aware of your mortality and the fleeting nature of reality.

ok but how to regain that fantasy and carelesness ?

@wavydude For me, I can drift back into fantasy and carelessness - yet it's not the same. Awareness returns to remind me. Kinda like the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. I can still get caught up in the fantasy, yet know it's not real.

Even if I could take the blue pill and unconsciously live in fantasy land as if it were real - I wouldn't do it. That illusion just wasn't that great. From the glimpses I've gotten from higher states of consciousness suggest the real world is where it's at.

Well, thinking is not going to get you to a satisfactory answer to your crisis of meaning.

In one way, life is totally meaningless. Since every passing moment pales in comparison to the infinite amount of possibilities that are also present right now. Every moment in your life is a single drop of water in an ocean the size of infinity.

But at the same time. Since every passing moment also possesses the "DNA" of every possible moment, every moment is also extremely meaningful. Which means that without the current moment you are currently experiencing, no moment can exist at all. Do you realize how meaningful that is? Think about it, Nothing at all could exist without the current moment you are experiencing right now. Since without that moment, infinity can not be infinite. The "DNA" of infinity is with you right now, and it appreciates and loves each moment equally. Infinity is not cold and empty, it is extremely rich and warm.

Whether you think it's meaningful or meaningless does not really change anything. Reality is reality, look at it and enjoy ;)

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

how u deal with that? u dont think about it, meditation. realizing that you give meaning to that meaninglessness might help. u take it as if something doesnt have meaning its bad, which is a meaning.

Ok, this looks like it could be a "non-duality war" and thus against Leo's sticky rule. I should risk becoming a "Zen Devil - What is it?" and comment anyway. 

For me, it seems like this conundrum can be resolved within inconstancy via keeping a mindful eye on balance. What is meant here is, as one lives and creates daily experience, there is an intuition of taking life too seriously (ruining it on that polarity slip) and/or not seriously enough. So one side of the dichotomy tends to attract only contraction, while the other side tends to fixation/grasping and/or expansion or even vice versa.

Some folks/beings seem to be naturals at this kind of abidance and others have to "think about it" or extend a fabrication for the Insights to reach maturation, and even then the work goes on and on, with daily practice recommended until the body conks out++.  "Learning == Behavior Change", and that's for damn sure an experience many of us ought to readily relate to.  Metta, -b

"You....painted my entire world, but 'I', don't have the turpentine to clean what You have soiled..." -Bad Religion

On 9/29/2017 at 5:18 PM, vizual said:

Well, thinking is not going to get you to a satisfactory answer to your crisis of meaning.

In one way, life is totally meaningless. Since every passing moment pales in comparison to the infinite amount of possibilities that are also present right now. Every moment in your life is a single drop of water in an ocean the size of infinity.

But at the same time. Since every passing moment also possesses the "DNA" of every possible moment, every moment is also extremely meaningful. Which means that without the current moment you are currently experiencing, no moment can exist at all. Do you realize how meaningful that is? Think about it, Nothing at all could exist without the current moment you are experiencing right now. Since without that moment, infinity can not be infinite. The "DNA" of infinity is with you right now, and it appreciates and loves each moment equally. Infinity is not cold and empty, it is extremely rich and warm.

Whether you think it's meaningful or meaningless does not really change anything. Reality is reality, look at it and enjoy ;)

Nice. :)

-b

Hallelujah! Life is amazing! All the pain is worth this!

-Me when in pleasure

...And thank God it is going to end one day... Life is not worth this drag! I will never come here again. What is even the point!

-Me when in pain

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

The meaning of life is Being. Here, now, always.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.