Amit

What Do You Believe God Is?

34 posts in this topic

@Amit

You absolutely can experience the nature of God without psychedelics. Around every 2-3 weeks, I have an intense mystical experience, which has only became more and more intense. Last night for example, I had so many experiences by accident that I stopped counting. One of those experiences included an enlightenment-like experience of ever expanding awarenesss, which I actually tried to break out of because I wasn't mentally prepared for the power that I felt during the moment. I may write a post about. It later in detail. The point is, follow your intuition, because it knows you best and can guide you. I personally thrive in the night when I am dreaming and then wake up from dreams, I get hit hard with experiences then I surrender the best I can to it. Find your strengths, don't get too worried about "how your supposed to do it" and follow your intuition that tells you "how you really want to do it."

@Shiva beliefs matter in the sense that they are also linked to reality in a way. Beliefs are ideas with with strong reasons to support them, and I believe people of this group to be empirical enough in their reasoning. I am also understanding why are you saying that beliefs don't matter. But it matters at the case of surviving the self. My self want to survive and live fully for that it needs some basis.

S

@Shiva in the process of knowing you will make new beliefs and destroy them. How do you understand without believing. Understanding also include believing at the end, there are always assumptions you know. You really can't know everything on the existential level. This is how this process is like, making beliefs and destroying them.

@Shiva the distinction between knowing and believing is of the language and yeah I both know and also believe it. But can you live without a self or why you want to be ? Methods only work till you are in the mind-matrix. I am already not in that but just want to use that to my survival as I am enjoying the life.

God to me is not a person sitting in the cloud. God is everything, we are his organs and part of him as much as he is us. Most religious books have a good attempt at trying to explain what God could be, in the end these books are there to make us live in more harmony, peace and "make us feel that someone is watching". By rejecting or not believing in stories written (by and) in the language of men that there is someone watching over us all we are not completely lost, because together we derive meaning and a better world.

God to me is love, for creation is the act of keeping something alive and in the end love is our ultimate goal and what makes us human stick together. It is love that makes us wander through maya and samsara, with a smile even though the world sometimes feel like an alien or wicked place. God is the now, he is present always everywhere and on your screen right now. God doesn't have any identity but manifests as all at once. I believe that becoming enlightened or finding peace within, reflects some devine qualities that are even seen without any intellectual reasoning. To become enlightened is to find peace, to be in love with the now and to radiate this in  the fullest potential because no man can let this appearance slip from his sight.

Love, peace, feelings, contentment for anything that arise.

if you believe in a God, then God is as is regardless of your held belief.  If you believe your beliefs have anything to do with what God is, then there is no God anymore.    No one will ever find a seperate thing. not one thing, let alone a God.   All is you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

@Amit A giant, unshaved armpit.

# It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under #

What I think God is, is not what God is. Yet they are one and the sameo.O

Edited by Brimstone

"God" or "The Father" is the one who programmed the simulation that we are now living in. "He" did it because he could never find "God" himself, so he created a program that would do it for him, and gave the "humans" in his program all the right tools to do it, including a computer type brain, free will, psychedelics, and the drive to find the truth behind our reality, and "his" reality. 

Nah, I'm just kidding, but it's fun to think about. 

Simply, God can't be defined, He is beyond and above everything..

And He is not "universe, energy, matter, etc.." for sure..

The question itself is a fallacy, I would rather ask about the purpose of creation and life!

Edited by Mahmoud Bishr Kebbeh