Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Highly Sensitive People

17 posts in this topic

About 15-20% of the human population has a more fine tuned nervous system which makes them more sensitive to how other people are feeling, stimuli like TV, alcohol, caffeine, lights etc. 

Here are some common traits of HSP:

-Been called too shy as a kid

-Feeling others feelings deeper

-Feeling your own feelings deeper

-Beeing able to feel how the mood is in a group for about a second after walking near them (can happen when you walk inside a classroom and after about a second you just know if they are happy or resentful etc

-More sensitive to TV, alcohol, caffine, lights, sounds, conflictis etc

-Beeing easy targets to abusive people and narrcisists

-More in touch with their intuition then the normal person

-Craves more alone time

-Feeling more responsible to relive other peoples suffering

What has helped me with this is walking out in nature more often, meditating and in general avoiding mainstream culture and not seeing yourself as responsible for the suffering of others. 

Are there any other highly sensitive people over here and what has helped you? :)

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

I am. The thing here is to transition from highly sensitive to highly conscious. I follow besides Leo, Matt Kahns teachings. It is about being heart-centered, eventually you do not feel other people their energy field in yours. Or being affected by the presence of others: you will be authentic at all costs. I listened all his longer videos; it resulted also in not feeling tired by being in places with many people or conversations.

For me it was more that I feel a really wide spectrum of vibes and expressions. It helps a lot with creating the art of Music. The creativity never ends.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

2 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

Are there any other highly sensitive people over here and what has helped you? :)

Yep, found this out a few years ago. A friend of mine who is a psychologist and is also highly sensitive mentioned this and then I took a few tests and it seems to be a good illustration of what goes down with my sense experiences.

What helped me the most is:

• Long, daily meditations (60 minutes in the morning just gives me the best ground to handle my business)
  • take time off, consciously take off a lot time just to process
  • long and good sleep, I need my 8-9 hours every day B|
  • having enough fun aka using your tuned senses to experience cool shit
  • being focused on my work (which is highly pleasurable for me)

I sometimes feel trapped because of this. But it is just the way your body does its business. Respect that, give it the time and resources it needs and you can have some great fun with it. Cheers!

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

:D 

I have been a HSP for as long as I can remember. A yawn on TV triggered my yawning. Couldn't sleep on full moons. An animal showing signs of discomfort triggered me for days.. 

My view now... is that you are too identified with your personality (Ego), and the savior. You take it all to be either your fault or your responsibility. 

Yes, this is a "good human quality". No, it does not serve who you really are. 

Sit with it, let yourself feel into it. Your body needs to experience it. Let it.

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I fit this description, but I'm still in resistance to it. I have trouble with trusting my intuitions and sharing my sensitivities openly with people.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

When I first found information on HSPs, it was so helpful to me! It was like  wow, I'm not just weird or crazy. 

It has helped me in many ways. I'm very detail-oriented and my intuition is strong. 

On the other hand, I often felt insane. 

The most helpful thing has been learning to understand my feelings and what they mean as well as realizing that I can reject other people's energies, emotions and projections. The better I get at it, the more peaceful my life becomes. 

Yes, and for a long time it was a problem, until I learned to deal with it.

- I have been called too sensitive, too dramatic, exhausting to be around, and asked to calm down and grow up over and over.

- I cry easily and often anywhere. Somebody offering an elderly person a seat will set me off.

- I get easily exhausted in most social situations, because I'm not able to stay grounded but get swept up in others' emotional states.

- I get easily irritated by bright lights, loud sounds, strong scents... If I don't drink water for a couple hours, I get a headache.

- I become very easily stressed under pressure and get completely stuck. I am able to go on when the pressure is gone.

This is how I deal with everything.

- I get information on high sensitivity so that I can be more patient with ignorant people.

- I take care of my needs when no one else does. I take breaks, feed myself, rest, take time-outs, meditate, sleep. The most important thing is to learn to say no. If you say yes to everything, you become overwhelmed instantly.

- I work alone when possible.

- Since I have started with mindfulness, I have learned to notice when I'm about to get too emotional and I'm better at calming down and stopping myself.

I dream about becoming so grounded that this stuff wouldn't bother me too much.

On 20-2-2016 at 7:52 PM, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

Beeing easy targets to abusive people and narrcisists

This just helps so much people who are HSP. Density in a social situation will never influence you anymore after watching this when applying it. He teaches that every spiritual practice is a social one in every video he makes. So say bye to the negative effects of being an empath. Everyone knows meditation does not help to the negative effects of a social dense situation, creating bounderies or visualize a shield around your body. I would recommend watching the love revolution before this to get a more clear understanding. Enjoy!

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Yesterday I had another anxiety attack and a doctor gave me a sick leave and some meds.

So I went to the library and picked up The Highly Sensitive Person in Love by Elaine N. Aron. Ever since I started reading it I've gotten these amazing epiphanies. "That's exactly how I feel!" Over and over. If I wasn't on meds, I'd be probably crying my eyes out. A book understands me!

In addition to being highly sensitive, I am also a sensation seeker, which according to Aron complicates things, because it creates many inner conflicts. Sensitivity makes me want to shield myself, and sensation seeking is tempting me to go out and explore. A very challenging combination.

Also, I had a difficult childhood, and my sensitivity was not appreciated or supported. It's very difficult to accept fully. I was expected to be outgoing, social and active.

I could not find a job that didn't involve customer service, which made me really stressed and made me hate my job. As a student, I would have needed tutoring and support, which I was reluctant to get, because it made me feel weak and needy. I have been told that I had to survive on my own. I was in therapy for several years, which made me feel like there was something wrong with me.

Right now I am unable to work due to burn-out that I haven't been diagnosed with yet, but still. I'm getting help and hoping that I will be able to get some real help, without anyone guilting and shaming me like before.

Thank you for reading. Can anyone relate? Thoughts? Be kind, I am highly sensitive. :)

1 hour ago, Pallero said:

Yesterday I had another anxiety attack and a doctor gave me a sick leave and some meds.

So I went to the library and picked up The Highly Sensitive Person in Love by Elaine N. Aron. Ever since I started reading it I've gotten these amazing epiphanies. "That's exactly how I feel!" Over and over. If I wasn't on meds, I'd be probably crying my eyes out. A book understands me!

In addition to being highly sensitive, I am also a sensation seeker, which according to Aron complicates things, because it creates many inner conflicts. Sensitivity makes me want to shield myself, and sensation seeking is tempting me to go out and explore. A very challenging combination.

Also, I had a difficult childhood, and my sensitivity was not appreciated or supported. It's very difficult to accept fully. I was expected to be outgoing, social and active.

I could not find a job that didn't involve customer service, which made me really stressed and made me hate my job. As a student, I would have needed tutoring and support, which I was reluctant to get, because it made me feel weak and needy. I have been told that I had to survive on my own. I was in therapy for several years, which made me feel like there was something wrong with me.

Right now I am unable to work due to burn-out that I haven't been diagnosed with yet, but still. I'm getting help and hoping that I will be able to get some real help, without anyone guilting and shaming me like before.

Thank you for reading. Can anyone relate? Thoughts? Be kind, I am highly sensitive. :)

I have a book called "The Highly Sensitive Person" by Elanie n. Aron, she knows whats up. I still go to school and I really could not work among a full class, it was a horror, I fucked up like 3 years of my school that way. Childhood was a little scetchy aswell. Anyways I really would recomend taking full responsibility for your life even if it may suck atm, trying to work alone instead of in a class/group, be in nature and meditate. When i have developed myself the way I have done this year I am really happy to be a HSP, it feels like life if much more deeper when you get a little more grounded.

Hallå

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj Thanks! I love Ralph Smart. His way of talking is so kind and empowering. :)

What he and Aron say about accepting who you are, seeing the positive and working with yourself to relax and become happy again - all sounds very nice, but I feel like it's easier said than done. Right now, it's like the world is against me. No matter where I turn, sensitivity is shunned, not appreciated. For example, I would like to get a job because of my sensitivity, not despite of it. I want respect, understanding and love. How do I start giving those things to myself when no one has ever given them to me? How do I accept something that I'm ashaimed of?

On 20.2.2016 at 7:52 PM, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

What has helped me with this is walking out in nature more often, meditating and in general avoiding mainstream culture and not seeing yourself as responsible for the suffering of others. 

Yes, I wrote about here a little bit:

http://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/1801-is-there-such-a-thing-as-an-empath-i-think-im-one-just-realising-it/#comment-17005

~ Chris

I fit this description as well. I signed up to a HSP group on Meetup but havent been to any of the meetings yet.

My only question with all this is....The traits of HSP seem to be parallel with the traits of being introverted. So whats the difference between the two? 

VERY PRACTICAL: I used to think I am HSP.All the syptom went away,just after I realized the truth about it. If you realy want to help yourself please forget about HSP .It can easily cured by focusing on your work. The difference in brains of people the way is described in HSP definition,is not science ,it is fiction. It is just another nice and charming excuse for not getting rid of the psyche.

I'd say that I am. Ironically, I have often acted insensitive and neglected other people's feelings because I was too overwhelmed by my own emotions to exercise compassion. It just stayed bottled up under my indifferent exterior.

On 3/1/2016 at 3:17 PM, DJ said:

I fit this description as well. I signed up to a HSP group on Meetup but havent been to any of the meetings yet.

My only question with all this is....The traits of HSP seem to be parallel with the traits of being introverted. So whats the difference between the two? 

According to Elaine Aron HSPs and introverted people often share common traits but should not be confused with one another. Sensitivity is a temperament trait that a person is born with. Introversion is a personality trait which is learned behavior.

Most HSPs have understandably adapted introversion as a coping strategy, since introversion is somehow in accordance with sensitivity. However, while introversion is similar to social sensitivity, it does not take into account other forms of sensitivity: physical, psychic, spiritual.

Some HSPs are extroverts. An extroverted HSP might be less sensitive socially, or simply acting according to what is socially more acceptable, even if it is more painful.

I just finished reading the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.

Super insightful read with a lot of scientific research and context to back up the High Sensitivity theory...

I believe myself to be on that spectrum