Abhijeeth

How To Remove A Thought ?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys !

Imagine yourself meditating . Tell me how you remove thought. Does the thought disappear on its own ? 

If there is a though that is difficult to remove , what do you do ? 

Cheers:)

@Abhijeeth , There is no need (and no way) to remove a thought. The only thing you can do with practice, is not to get entangled with it.. not engage with it, not giving it any attention 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Abhijeeth I just always think of thoughts as another sensation, as if I notice a quick pain in my side while meditating. I will hear the thought, notice it's come up and then focus back on breathing while it goes away. If I notice I can not stop going with the story of my thought, I will use visualization to help my mind focus.xD

As for "Thoughts" I'd listen to @Ayla but as for emotions I'd focus on them and feel them as much as possible until you're simply tired of them and can let go of them, then just stay up on your mountain and watch the thoughts dance around below you but don't let them lure you down and seduce you, to engage in sexual intercourse lol.

That's the symbolism of the second book of Adam and Eve (on one level, on another it's to not take anything a stupid fucking goyim say or do or wish for and desire as personal or envy them because of their "Luciferian" gifts and lives because you rise above the trees of good and evil).

Edited by Keyblade Viking

7 hours ago, Abhijeeth said:

Hey guys !

Imagine yourself meditating . Tell me how you remove thought. Does the thought disappear on its own ? 

What really helps me is TO OBSERVE my thoughts very carefully, being like a thoughts keeper, I am trying to turn my whole attention on the thoughts. Trying to get rid of them makes it worse, though.  Just look at them with your "fully opened eyes" and here comes a miracle, when you actually awaiting for the next thought to appear, your mind get confused and slows down, because you turn all your attention on the thought production process.

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

7 hours ago, Abhijeeth said:

Tell me how you remove thought. Does the thought disappear on its own ?

See it this way. You are a great system that can put out all kinds of different patterns. You incarnate things, let them exist and then let them die. But it just seems to be the case that we actually define ourselves in some of the arising pattern, deny other parts of it and cannot see that we are actually the great machine that allows all the pattern to happen.

Now, how do you really remove a thought when all you can do is put shit up and then let it die. :$ Well, you just put up the next one. Silence, thoughts, an inter-mingle of both. However you want to conceptualize what actually happens in the present moment inside your skull.

You are not given the ability to remove. You are given the ability to create, let it be and then let it die. So that's what you do to get rid of a thought.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

My thoughts are like a machine gun, ive been trying to control them for so long because for the longest time they have disgusted me, they are pretty harsh.. I mean.. having a threesome with my grandparents isnt easy.... :( I sound like a broken recorsmd but.. perhaps ill do walking meditation with do nothing meditation more often...bleah fuck this circle. Keyblade I think for me has the right idea will attempt this now.

Edited by DizIzMikey

On February 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Abhijeeth said:

Hey guys !

You have no control over your thoughts. If you try to remove Pink Elephants from your thoughts all that will come are more thoughts about pink elephants. So awareness is a separate thing from thought. So, when an undesirable thought bubbles up bring your awareness to an object of your sensory perception. The breath is a great one. So, if the thought comes up, let it come but disengage from it by focusing on the breath. If it keeps pulling your attention away, keep mindfully returning your focus to the breath. 

Thoughts are like paper tigers. They have no real power, and if you don't feed them with your attention, they die a gradual death. So, revert your focus and they will naturally fade. You are not your thoughts. You have no control over the content of your thoughts. What will come up will come up. But you do have control over whether or not you believe, identify with, or pay attention to your thoughts.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

3 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

So, when an undesirable thought bubbles up bring your awareness to an object of your sensory perception. The breath is a great one. So, if the thought comes up, let it come but disengage from it by focusing on the breath. If it keeps pulling your attention away, keep mindfully returning your focus to the breath.

It's trickier... 

Focusing on sensations is great, but you need to go beyond if you really want to keep your mind still, without thoughts.

When I focus on a sensory perception (like breathing for example), my thoughts are filled with conceptions about the perception; "the voice" of the thoughts is much more quite, but I'm still thinking about the sensation I'm focusing on, those thoughts aren't "voices" but ideas and images about the sensation. 

For example, if I'm focusing on my breathing, I'm having more thoughts about the breathing process (the lungs, the air mouvements...). It's very subtle, those thoughts aren't "voices", they are ideas, concepts, images.

As well as you need to calm down "the voices", you also need to let those more subtle thoughts go away.

Here is what I do when I meditate :

I'm sitting or walking, eyes closed or open, doesn't matter (well, you may want to start meditating sitting with the eyes closed), and I just forgot everything I know about reality... I let everything go. "Voices" are coming (and that's normal), but I just let them fly away, I don't focus or speculate on them. While I'm calming down the "voices" this way, I'm much more aware of the sensory perceptions I've got (the breathing, the sensations of my body position); and I'm tring to become aware of those subtle thoughts (the concepts and ideas about the sensations). When I grasp a concept or an idea I've got about the sensation, I tell myself "that's just a concept, just forget it, let it go"... and I let it go. 

What helps me as well is "acceptance". Acceptance is a very important key in spirituality. I just accept whatever is that I'm living right now, right here; this is the the way it is, that's it, I just accept that, and forget everything I belive about the perceptions I've got. 

It's easy to talk about it this way, but when you are meditating, you see that's not that easy, that you have a lot of conceptions, belifs, and ideas about every single one of your perceptions. You might need to practice quite a lot before achiving a real quiteness.

Good luck, and keep meditating ^^

Edited by Ken Lecoq

15 minutes ago, Ken Lecoq said:

It's trickier... 

Focusing on sensations is great, but you need to go beyond if you really want to keep your mind still, without thoughts.

When I focus on a sensory perception (like breathing for example), my thoughts are filled with conceptions about the perception; "the voice" of the thoughts is much more quite, but I'm still thinking about the sensation I'm focusing on, those thoughts aren't "voices" but ideas and images about the sensation. 

For example, if I'm focusing on my breathing, I'm having more thoughts about the breathing process (the lungs, the air mouvements...). It's very subtle, those thoughts aren't "voices", they are ideas, concepts, images.

As well as you need to calm down "the voices", you also need to let those more subtle thoughts go away.

Here is what I do when I meditate :

I'm sitting or walking, eyes closed or open, doesn't matter (well, you may want to start meditating sitting with the eyes closed), and I just forgot everything I know about reality... I let everything go. "Voices" are coming (and that's normal), but I just let them fly away, I don't focus or speculate on them. While I'm calming down the "voices" this way, I'm much more aware of the sensory perceptions I've got (the breathing, the sensations of my body position); and I'm tring to become aware of those subtle thoughts (the concepts and ideas about the sensations). When I grasp a concept or an idea I've got about the sensation, I tell myself "that's just a concept, just forget it, let it go"... and I let it go. 

What helps me as well is "acceptance". Acceptance is a very important key in spirituality. I just accept whatever is that I'm living right now, right here; this is the the way it is, that's it, I just accept that, and forget everything I belive about the perceptions I've got. 

It's easy to talk about it this way, but when you are meditating, you see that's not that easy, that you have a lot of conceptions, belifs, and ideas about every single one of your perceptions. You might need to practice quite a lot before achiving a real quiteness.

Good luck, and keep meditating ^^

Thank you. That's true. Accepting whatever comes is an important factor. :) 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org