aniss

Help - On How To Start Off

12 posts in this topic

hey sup dudes haha sure i love you 
actually i don't know what and how to begin with leo content and to start see that kind of life that i want to design 

i just finish my life purpose course purchase 

and i don't know what's the sage point that will make me another one 

i have three choices to begin with 
---Self-Actualization

--Personal Development Blueprint 

---life purpose course 

help me to chose my beginning i want to transform my life to achieve better result better living better life 
suggest or give me your idea 

Best thing to do to start self-improvement is take responsibility for all your thoughts and actions.

Take a risk, and make your own choices. In that way, if they don't work out, you got nobody to use as an escape goat but yourself. This is one of the shortcuts to self-actualization.

Edited by Visitor

You just have to pick one short to mid term goal you want to start with. It dosnt matter much wich goal you pick, it's just about training yourself to take action.

What you do is simply to list all the tasks required to acchieve the goal, then divide the tasks into the smallest possible subtasks. Then whenevet you can muster enough motivation pick one subtask, perform it and then reward yourself. The reward can be simply something like sitting 5 min and congratulate and praise yourself, and let yourself feel good. This way you will train your mind, through classical conditioning, to have more positive associations to taking action towards your goals. If you keep using rewards to reinforce this assiciation, it will grow stronger over time, and taking action will become more and more natural to you. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

If you're brand new, start with just gathering information. Realistically, you need to digest a bit of information before you get your bearings. Watch videos, read books, acquire the right theory. Theory is important to start getting your bearings and deciding what your first move should be. You can't make a good first move until you know what your options are.

If you bought the course, that's a really good intro for newbies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1.I think the most important thing you can do is start meditation daily for 20 minutes if you don't have a meditation habit yet.

2.Then you can read books and learn about the the basics of personal development. 

3.You need a big picture understanding to get some really amazing results. Don't worry about the perfect guru or the one perfect method to start self actualization. Start learning from all types of personal development gurus. 

After all its your life. You have the power to change but don't think of quick results and don't compare yourself to others. STAY FOCUSED always. 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

While gatering information, do something. Starting a meditation habbit and working on your work schedule will improve the ratio and the quality of information that you will use. 

You can start anywhere, but i'd tell you to start learning about mindfulness, then go for the minfulness meditation. 

If you find it difficult, there are many other meditation techniques.

Others videos that i'd reccomend to watch: 

Always take notes and apply, and remeber, you are on the good path.

Personly I'm sceptical about researching too much theory early on. There are a lot of traps this can lead to. For atleast the first couple of months my advice would be to read just 1 sd book or do 1 course, and then focus on finding ways to implement what I learned, to avoid getting bogged down in theory. 

A typical beginner trap is that studying sd can give you a feeling that you are allready doing something constructive, wich makes it easier to rationalize not taking action in the real world. You feel like you are spending your time constructivly, wich lessens the guilt you feel about not taking constructive action. The intelectual stimulation and temperary feelings of ephipanies and almost "having it all figured out now" can become very adictive, and you can end up spending too much of your time satisfying your craving for these. 

It can also lead to paralisis of analysis, as you end up making things much more complicated than they really are. You will also find tonns of conflicting advice wich can be confusing.

I think its better to start training yourself to take action on the fundamentals - the things that will be a part of whatever life-purpose/big picture goal you eventually develop along your path. Many of these are obvious (require no study of theory) and includes physical exercise, eating healthy, doing something like meditation/yoga/progressive muscle relaxation, getting used to writing down goals and to do list, cultivating prosocial traits like kindness and compassion, journaling, developing your will power/work ethic by pushing yourself.

As you advance: study more and more, to refine your goals and optimize your methods. As a beginner: the most thing is to start taking real-life action. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

You're going to be doing personal development work for the rest of your life.  It's a marathon not a race.  Don't expect huge results fast or cheaply.  But if you commit to doing this work and fall in love with it, your life will improve dramatically over the long-term.  Set some goals and visualize the hard work that you're gonna do to implement them.  It's gonna take emotional-labor.  This is not some pop-a-pill and problem solved stuff.  You are after value that is rare and valuable in life.  Value must be fought for, it never falls in your lap or comes easily, not sustainably.  So, take baby-steps and don't overwhelm yourself.  Approach this like learning how to play the guitar.  It will take years of daily practice to get really good at playing the guitar.  But remember the work of art here is you, your dream-life!  How exciting is that?   Visualize what you will get from doing this work in the long term.  Let that inspire and motivate you today.  Get on the path to become a personal development junkie.  Set proper expectations now to avoid later frustrations which could cause you to quit.  You wanna avoid quitting at all costs.  So take baby-steps.  Pre-algebra must happen before calculus can happen and it takes a couple of years of study and hard work  to bridge the gap between those two textbooks.  Same thing applies to Personal Development work.  You are at the pre-algebra stage now.  Do where you are really well.  That's the best you can do.  Your bright future lies ahead.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor @Captain Flint @Erlend K @Costa7 @Anirban657 @Leo Gura @Erlend K @Visitor   | joseph : you told action action anything << action you talk about baby stepin* and how to combine all this to become only addicted to ur life But ! how hell my mind gonna to let the shit go and start as baby as he walk , shit in my life i see rush in all my sides really*** that kept me loser i doubled my bac 3 times and at third time i did not pass it , i want to do what comes in this post as hell as quick ,iam in real problem if i don't do something towards this thing soon i'll be simple in life [in third world country ]

Cptain : i did this is obvious any human being in this universe will think like this 
erlend : same to you 
costa7 : same to you 
anirban : i need more specifics , more whys 
leo : 30% agree with your first talk after that i decided to rock something from life purpose course i think i'll find a way no matter how hardness it is 

----
guys with all your answers i discovered something << really i need just a little to be my favorite world-class 
---- 

thanks for your glimpses on the post guys really appreciate 
----- for those who need more specific details please << in the comment section i'm waiting :* 

2 hours ago, aniss said:

@Joseph Maynor @Captain Flint @Erlend K @Costa7 @Anirban657 @Leo Gura @Erlend K @Visitor   | joseph : you told action action anything << action you talk about baby stepin* and how to combine all this to become only addicted to ur life But ! how hell my mind gonna to let the shit go and start as baby as he walk , shit in my life i see rush in all my sides really*** that kept me loser i doubled my bac 3 times and at third time i did not pass it , i want to do what comes in this post as hell as quick ,iam in real problem if i don't do something towards this thing soon i'll be simple in life [in third world country ]

Cptain : i did this is obvious any human being in this universe will think like this 
erlend : same to you 
costa7 : same to you 
anirban : i need more specifics , more whys 
leo : 30% agree with your first talk after that i decided to rock something from life purpose course i think i'll find a way no matter how hardness it is 

----
guys with all your answers i discovered something << really i need just a little to be my favorite world-class 
---- 

thanks for your glimpses on the post guys really appreciate 
----- for those who need more specific details please << in the comment section i'm waiting :* 

Is this some kind of new art?  Avant-garde?  Sort of like a core-dump poetry.  Hey man -- maybe it's sayin' somethin' about us man!  Positive thinking at work.  Nice name by the way!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I've been following Leo's videos in chronological order, but that can take you a lot of time, instead I recommend you to check this out:

https://www.actualized.org/start

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel