Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moreira

My Purpose Is To Live In Nature

16 posts in this topic

Every summer when all the masses leave my city to go to their vacation destinantions I have a big epiphany:

Without the massification and traffic congestion I feel happy, less anxiety, all the stress disappear and I love enjoying a walk without people.

Then in september when the overpopulation comes back Its like a big competition, you have to fight with everybody in every place, every row, even to pay yo have to make rows. I get really angry and depressed ath the same time with all the noises, pollution, rude people...

I've decided that my future purpose will be to buy a ground in the countryside and put a prefab house. I want to plant fruit trees, grow my vegetables without all the gmo and poisons, enjoy meditation in the forest and some day have a family there.

I actually live a minimalist lifestyle, with my parents because I doont make enough money.

I think the biggest payoff to afford buying a home in nature will be to be a financial slave for 15-20 years probably in a 9-5 shitty job to pay the mortgage.

Do you guys think the sacrifice will worth it?

If your life purpose is to live in nature, then go there now. If it is your life purpose then nature will accommodate you to live there. You will learn and know how to survive there, and you won't be afraid to stay there. If not, then maybe the call for nature was more of a dream of evading the responsibility of being you in relationship with life.

Even a glance towards land, even the thought that one perhaps exists for something else as well as swimming, even the slightest impulse of our amphibious nature — is sin! And notice that all this means that the foundation of belief and all reflection on its origin is likewise excluded as sinful. What is wanted are blindness and intoxication and an eternal song over the waves in which reason has drowned.

It's ok if your life purpose is to live with nature. You may find a way to go there now. Just be aware that any path we take do change sometimes when we are going along. Changing, adjusting, and being flexible are fine when necessary. Sometimes we decide to take a turn or add something new to it but still live with nature. And, if it doesn't change, that's ok too. However, from my experience, the path does change. No one sets a perfect path from day one. The path of life purpose is gradually discovered by walking. 

19 hours ago, see_on_see said:

That's not really a life purpose, but more like something to do on top of an actual life purpose. If you still gotta spend 15-20 years in a shitty job being miserable, then what's the point? Instead of doing that, you could find your life purpose and once you have enough money you move out in the country. Maybe meanwhile you can rent a place in a smaller city, if your parents live in a big city that makes you stressed.

I dont want to choose a purpose like a calling of oh I'm gonna go to Africa to help people, or invent something that makes people life's better... We arent good just and one thing, everybody can do everything with the right motivation. I find it stupid to cling into one specific purpose and dedicate all life, focus and energy because this is a form of attachment.

Living life itself is the purpose, and in my opinion following a purpose is limiting because excludes all other options.

@Moreira That's not a life purpose at all. That's a materialistic personal goal.

Nothing wrong with having a personal goal. But you're missing something BIG here.

Once you're living in your dream house, you'll be as depressed as ever. It won't solve anything of significance for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Moreira That's not a life purpose at all. That's a materialistic personal goal.

Nothing wrong with having a personal goal. But you're missing something BIG here.

Once you're living in your dream house, you'll be as depressed as ever. It won't solve anything of significance for you.

I dont pretend to find happiness directly living in the countryside, but it will give me PEACE.  If I'm at ease with a good mood is more likely to be inspired to do meaningful things instead of living in the city full of rage, anger resentment and hate to humanity because they dont let me sleep with they noises, disrespect and rudeness.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, Moreira said:

but it will give me PEACE.

The only thing that can give you peace is Truth.

On 10/08/2017 at 4:50 PM, Moreira said:

I dont pretend to find happiness directly living in the countryside, but it will give me PEACE.  If I'm at ease with a good mood is more likely to be inspired to do meaningful things instead of living in the city full of rage, anger resentment and hate to humanity because they dont let me sleep with they noises, disrespect and rudeness.

Reading your post just make me think you want to escape reality, but your reality is in your mind, it will follow you wherever you go.
Changing your external situation won't change that, your mind will find another excuses to bring drama in your life, I guarantee it.

It's not worth it at all, go along the path and all these problems you think you have will disappear.
Disrespect ? Rudeness ? How in the hell would you care about that ?
That's only your mind interpreting an experience, it may not even happened, and even if it did, it won't affect you in the end.
Don't think that's something hard to obtain, you don't need to realize enlightenment for that, it can be accessed very early in the process (like in less than a year).

The kind of life you describe is the same as one of a monk, so if that's you really want then just join a monastery ... If you resist to that you already know that's just bullshit your mind tells itself.

An authentic life purpose should inspire you, move you, it should be something you really want to do just because you love to do it (and not because you will gain something from it, you would even accept to be in trouble to do it).
It should be something powerful, something you dream of,  have vision of and feel that you can't turn your back on once you discovered it.

That doesn't mean it should be a work that implies big change in the world, it could be something that in appearance changes nothing at all, like being the best fisher in the world.
What it is doesn't matter, what matters is the calling you feel inside you to do it, and that's a lot of search to do, because it could be something so niche that you would never find it without a deep investigation.

Living life itself is the purpose, and in my opinion following a purpose is limiting because excludes all other options.

The problem with that line of thinking is that you will never achieve anything of importance this way.

You will do nothing and will die with regret, just like 99.99% of people on this earth.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only thing that can give you peace is Truth.

Long time ago I watched your guided No-self experience and trust me I experienced true peace and bliss. I discovered that what prevents me from hapiness is having  duties, obligations, and social conditioning.

I felt like when I was born that didnt had yet any past and future and I was free.

Thats why I see living in nature, minimalist, in a relative financial freedom will take me to the same state of contentment when I was I kid and didnt had to fit in the matrix working every day, paying taxes and in general forced to do and be who I'm not.

@Moreira You're still thinking selfishly. You're thinking about how to get what you want, rather than how to give value to the world. And so ironically, you will end up unable to get what you want.

Having what you want is not nearly as fulfilling as giving what you have.

You've taken the best part of life purpose and flipped it upside down to serve your personal desires.

@Moreira If that's what really resonates with you strongly, then include that in your life-purpose.  But be careful that you are not just trying to hide from people.  Maybe your deeper problem is to stop being annoyed at people, being afraid of people, or having social-anxiety.  Once you get rid of that deeper, underlying problem, maybe a weekend trip to the woods might do instead of wanting to live in Nature.  See?  You gotta get very clear about what your motives are, and these can be subconscious motives.  Why do you want to live in Nature?  Write out a list.  Now, for each of those items, see if it is genuine intuitive reason why you want to do it, or see if you are trying to run from something else.  Actually do this little exercise.  See how genuine this idea really is, or if it is just a way to avoid underlying problems.

For the longest time I would hide-out in Nature myself to escape my problems and social-anxieties.  I realized what I was doing after a while and put a stop to it.   I would go to the woods every day and work on my philosophy book for years.  I turned this into a life-style.  And I realize now it was good in some ways and bad in others.  The bad was that it enabled me to hide from my problems when I needed to face them head-on to cure them permanently.  The good was that I did all the freewriting for the content-stage for my book writing process.  So, the bottom-line is -- if you don't solve your underlying problems permanently, then they will stick around and fester in your life, and they cause you to make decisions that you probably wouldn't make if you had solved those issues instead of running from them or trying to sweep them under the rug.  That is the error you should be mindful of avoiding.  Don't move to Nature to run from something.  Deal with that emotional-mastery issue instead if it applies to you.

Maybe do some freewriting about life-purpose and what that could be for you.  Just write 3 pages non-stop on the computer under the heading: What Could My Life Purpose Be?  Write fast, don't worry about grammatical mistakes, and just write what comes to mind.  (Or maybe record this as a voicememo on your Smart Phone if you don't like writing.)  What you are doing is a little core-dump of your mind.  There is genius in there you just need to tip your head, pour it out, and then take a look at what is there on the table with the probing rational-mind afterwards.  This might steer your rational-mind into formulating into language some elements or key consistencies of your life-purpose that you might refine further later on.   Discover your life-purpose by spreading you out on a canvas and see where some of the points converge into lines, planes, and figures.  A faint-structure might emerge.  A little budding-dream might reveal itself, a little hair-root searching for the Sun.  (The second clause of the last sentence is half-borrowed lovingly from Gerry Spence, "How to Argue and Win Every Time.")

Watch these two videos:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Moreira If that's what really resonates with you strongly, then include that in your life-purpose.  But be careful that you are not just trying to hide from people.  Maybe your deeper problem is to stop being annoyed at people, being afraid of people, or having social-anxiety.  Once you get rid of that deeper, underlying problem, maybe a weekend trip to the woods might do instead of wanting to live in Nature.  See?  You gotta get very clear about what your motives are, and these can be subconscious motives.  Why do you want to live in Nature?  Write out a list.  Now, for each of those items, see if it is genuine intuitive reason why you want to do it, or see if you are trying to run from something else.  Actually do this little exercise.  See how genuine this idea really is, or if it is just a way to avoid underlying problems.

For the longest time I would hide-out in Nature myself to escape my problems and social-anxieties.  I realized what I was doing after a while and put a stop to it.   I would go to the woods every day and work on my philosophy book for years.  I turned this into a life-style.  And I realize now it was good in some ways and bad in others.  The bad was that it enabled me to hide from my problems when I needed to face them head-on to cure them permanently.  The good was that I did all the freewriting for the content-stage for my book writing process.  So, the bottom-line is -- if you don't solve your underlying problems permanently, then they will stick around and fester in your life, and they cause you to make decisions that you probably wouldn't make if you had solved those issues instead of running from them or trying to sweep them under the rug.  That is the error you should be mindful of avoiding.  Don't move to Nature to run from something.  Deal with that emotional-mastery issue instead if it applies to you.

Maybe do some freewriting about life-purpose and what that could be for you.  Just write 3 pages non-stop on the computer under the heading: What Could My Life Purpose Be?  Write fast, don't worry about grammatical mistakes, and just write what comes to mind.  (Or maybe record this as a voicememo on your Smart Phone if you don't like writing.)  What you are doing is a little core-dump of your mind.  There is genius in there you just need to tip your head, pour it out, and then take a look at what is there on the table with the probing rational-mind afterwards.  This might steer your rational-mind into formulating into language some elements or key consistencies of your life-purpose that you might refine further later on.   Discover your life-purpose by spreading you out on a canvass and seeing where some of the points converge into lines and planes.  A faint structure may emerge.  A little budding-dream might reveal itself, a little hair-root searching for the Sun.  (The second clause of the last sentence is half-borrowed lovingly from Gerry Spence, "How to Argue and Win Every Time.")

Watch these two videos:

maybe you are right. when I was I kid I was a bit shy, and I remember going with my father to the forest and playing there hiding me and feeling safe and peaceful, so maybe subconsciously now as an adult I'm looking for these old good feelings.

And for the purpose, I'm against this since I read Osho explainind that life has no purpose, life is the purpose. Isnt enjoying human experience with pure presence and full intensity enough to be blissful?

I dont want a life purpose, I just want a lifestyle that allow me to enjoy life, not modern slavery. 

3 hours ago, Moreira said:

maybe you are right. when I was I kid I was a bit shy, and I remember going with my father to the forest and playing there hiding me and feeling safe and peaceful, so maybe subconsciously now as an adult I'm looking for these old good feelings.

And for the purpose, I'm against this since I read Osho explainind that life has no purpose, life is the purpose. Isnt enjoying human experience with pure presence and full intensity enough to be blissful?

I dont want a life purpose, I just want a lifestyle that allow me to enjoy life, not modern slavery. 

Then stop talking and do what you think will work for you, that's just mental masturbation at this point.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Moreira People seem to be criticizing you quite a bit but don't lose heart, I understand where you're coming from. The complete loss of touch with nature is one of the 21st century's greatest tragedies and if you wish to permanently reconnect with it, it's a very noble goal. And in my opinion, far nobler than achieving success as defined by our postmodern capitalistic society, which prompts people to be workaholics/good consumers in order to stay on its feet.

Look into off grid self-sufficient communities, there are a lot of people already doing what you want to do and they would welcome you now, for free, if you're willing to take the leap.

Edited by Christos

@Christos but that's exactly a problem, he wants to buy a ground and work for it 15 years to pay a mortgage. For me that's a definition of being a modern slave, capitalism, workaholic, good consumer, etc.

If his goal was to go into nature and connect with people, like you say from self-sufficient communities, to help them and contribute, then I guess no-one would be against it. Instead, it seems like Moreira is trying to avoid growth he needs and just fake his peace by escaping from people.