Ayla

Polyamory - Our Future In Relationships?

55 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2016 at 0:48 AM, Sarah_Flagg said:

I really appreciate this answer, because now I question if my desire for an open marriage is lead by ego rather than inner awareness. Thus far, I've thought it was due to my inner awareness because prior to dealing with all my issues I couldn't not fathom why someone would want to live this way. However, after it seemed so appealing.

How would one know if it is coming from their ego or inner awareness? 

What the other people say is usually the ego talkin but when you find something intimate that you really like you won't want anything else. But then again women are tricky things. Even hours of sex and multiple orgasms whenever wanted from monogamy isn't enough to keep some people from acting on their own insecurities or what they feel as bonds  or dependencies to multiple sexual partners. 

Kind of a letdown to me. I've got better things to do than subject myself to that hamster wheel. It gets you nowhere!!! Literally!

@Ayla i think polyamory is a very mature approach toward a relationship, because it shows unconditional love. 'I will love you, but only if you don't have sex with someone else' that's not real love.

On 2/7/2016 at 7:59 AM, GeorgeLawson said:

Has anyone read 'Sex At Dawn?' This book goes into a lot of detail about how prehistoric humans were in fact polyamerous. 

Currently reading it. Have you read "The Ethical Slut"?

For a reason I find polyamory highly disgusting. I don't know why yet, but I either stay in a committed monogamous relationship or I date around and fuck a lot of different girls at the same time without relationship labels. Polyamory seems like a weird middle thing to me that's definitely not for me. If a girl wants to be polyamorous with me I would say "Fine, okay. So wer are just fuck buddies then, that's amazing as long as I'm single and dating again."

I don't think it is exclusively chimpish behavior, but everyone that I have ever known who has participated in it, did so for very chimpish reasons.  So... if you're considering it or currently participating in it, be aware that you're more likely the rule than the exception and it may be a good opportunity for introspection :)

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

Poly-amory is in essence as "controllable" as single amory :D If you think you can CHOSE to fall in love with one person, it might be that you can chose to fall in love with more than one. (?!)

There is love, respect, care, attention, sharing, involvement, common interests, hobbies....etc. Sexuality can be a part of it..or not. This is not some kind of orgy, or sluttiness, or cheating. That would indeed be chimpish: lack of discernment, playing with people, lying, hiding etc. 

Polyamory is void of the attachment, the need to "own", to control, to exclusively possess another human being as being YOURS. LOL 

That sounds so funny to me...like little children with their plastic toys: MINE!! 

I do agree however that society is VERY far from this type of liberation at this point in time.   

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

11 hours ago, Ayla said:

Polyamory is void of the attachment, the need to "own", to control, to exclusively possess another human being as being YOURS.

:) Agreed.

When you ladies actually meet an awesome guy, one who also knows what he's doing in the bedroom. You'll want him all to yourselves. Don't lie! ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When you ladies actually meet an awesome guy, one who also knows what he's doing in the bedroom. You'll want him all to yourselves. Don't lie! ;)

Agreed. I just recently changed how I felt about this. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course! But that is not polyamory. That would be polychimpery :D 

LOL 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

On 2/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, Eddie_the_Eggplant said:

No. Is it good?

On 2/7/2016 at 7:59 AM, GeorgeLawson said:

Has anyone read 'Sex At Dawn?' This book goes into a lot of detail about how prehistoric humans were in fact polyamerous. 

2 hours ago, GeorgeLawson said:

No. Is it good?

I like it so far. I have not read enough.

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sharing is caring ?

I wouldn't mind a secure mutual polymorphism situation...heck I'd love my own herium. OK I know that's spelled wrong. Any way....a girl can dream right :D