Sarah Marie

What Are Your Favorite Documentaries?

11 posts in this topic

I've seen a couple comments about documentaries but I wanted to start a list of powerful documentaries. I love to watch them and am always looking for suggestions. Some of my favorites are:

• Vegucated 
  • Samsara
  • Cowspiracy 
  • AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda
  • OMG GMO
  • Kumare 
  • Hungry For Change
  • Fed Up
  • Yoga Is
  • Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

• I am

-Senna

-Searching For Sugar Man

-Exit Through The Gift Shop

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

- the inner and outer world

-samsara

- jodorosky dune

- inside jobs

- jiro dreams of sushi

:)

Where do documenteries fall in personal development? I haven't really set a space for them. I'd rather read a book or explore some self help product?

Do you do watch as recreational/inspirational material?

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. It's about advertising, specifically product placement. Amazing film. It tells about balancing between personal integrity of an artist and commercial goals of the end product. Also, full of humor and irony :).

Edited by Anton O

@Czarkovsky Century of the self is an absolutely crucial one! It will most likely lead you down the Adam Curtis rabbit hole of films as well, all of which are amazing. They give a very clear insight into the some of the big players in Capitalism and more importantly their ideology. Even if you think you know this stuff already, you won't regret giving these a watch.

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

-How to make money selling drugs      (or how society fucks you in the ass one more time...)

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

@Sarah_Flagg Ayyye I watched Samsara a while ago recommended by someone on these forums.  Little did I know there were 2 Samsara films, one from 2001 and another from 2011.

I watched the 2001 Samsara...

I later watched the 2011 Samsara after finding this out. :/

But hey, If you guys are down for a good film to watch...check out Samsara (2001). (: