Afonso

Cannabis For Growth?

10 posts in this topic

I've noticed that from the two times I used cannabis (first weed then hash), I felt really great for a couple of hours/days but eventually I crashed into some deep emotional turmoil and found a lot of deep seated emotions surfacing up from the subconscious. This provided a lot of material to work with and intense days dedicated to integration of these emotions.

My question is Am I deluding myself?

Are these emotions really from the subconscious?

Deal with all this before you use cannabis again. Are these emotions from your subconscious? Sounds like it. Cannabis can allow one to go deep IMO, just don't abuse it, or else the power will be lost. 

Anything in life can potentially be used for spiritual growth, given the right context and intention.

I'm sure that if you seriously made the resolve that you were going to use weed to shake things up, get out of your normal state of consciousness and have some insights about yourself you wouldn't have, you could.

The problem is that many people who smoke weed have no interest in doing that. They just want to numb themselves.

Well, ask and you shall receive.

Who cares if it "really" came from the subconscious? The subconscious mind is just another model. The question is: did this benefit @Afonso? Did he grow from this experience?

@Afonso weed definitely has some potential for spiritual insights but I smoked weed everyday for a year and if you smoke recreationally you are definitely doing more harm than good.  Also, weed causes a lot of brain fog that will restrict your ability to clearly and accurately break down your sensory field which is a very important aspect of spirituality.

Buddhist 5 Precepts

• Refrain from Killing/harming living beings
  • Refrain from stealing
  • Refrain from wrong sex (cheating)
  • Refrain from harmful speech (lying, gossiping, insults etc.) 
  • Refrain from using alcohol and drugs that cause heedlessness

My meditation teacher told me not to smoke weed or drink alcohol because it changes the way your mind works and can cause obstacles for you as you continue to meditate...

When I asked him about psychedelics he said that the mind may become lost in delusion

My teacher knows a lot about Buddhist teaching and vipassana meditation but it is important to use your own judgement about things...his opinion is shared by many others though and it is worth taking into account.  

Ever since I quit weed my meditation has been clearer so I naturally associate weed with the opposite of growth 

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Psychedelics can be fun and games, some people trip for many times and just have their fun trippyness, and you can do so if you are somewhat mature and mentaly healthy.

But definitely at some point life might say: 'Oh, hey nice ego structure you've created around your traumatic emotionally suppressed youth, I'm going to break that apart by looping your ego patterns a 1000x, I'm sorry, ur saying 'NOOOOOO, NO, NOOOOO'? , too bad :)'

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

I do a lot of my subconscious work with weed. I will smoke just enough to get a threshold dose and then lay down and "meditate". The stuff bubbles up from my subconscious within minutes, not days later, but probably because of my intent and how I am doing it. It seems to make me remember things that I should be working on... things that don't seem as important while sober, but the real test is to see if they are still important when I am sober again.  I used to smoke every day for about a year, but am training myself to use only once a week and still be interested in the things that I would have been if I were using every day. One problem I am noticing is that I don't have the patience for meditation during the days spent sober.... 

It works very well for me! Had some breakthrough experiences with weed. But yes, the emotional turmoil can be very strong. I don't mind that. I know that it helps to grow. Moderate use of weed has been extremely useful for me :)

Edit: i would not even say moderate. Once every 2 months or 2.5 months or something. I've been an experienced smoker, so i can handle it all quite well.

Edited by Visionary

On 19.6.2017 at 1:18 AM, Afonso said:

I've noticed that from the two times I used cannabis (first weed then hash), I felt really great for a couple of hours/days but eventually I crashed into some deep emotional turmoil and found a lot of deep seated emotions surfacing up from the subconscious. This provided a lot of material to work with and intense days dedicated to integration of these emotions.

My question is Am I deluding myself?

Are these emotions really from the subconscious?

so let´s look at what happened.

you felt something. there was something... an experience. you didn´t like it. it felt like what? fearfull?

did you experience the emotion fully or did you start to label it and give it names and try to put it in a concept? 

like: oh i don´t like this feeling ...now i call this feeling fear, and fear exists in the subconsciuous. there is a place called subconscious ...so if i don´t like this feeling i can put this object called fear back in this place called subconsious.... this is the usual strategy.

I recommend staying true and not engaging in the language and concept game too much, just feel the emotion that comes up, let it overwhealm you, if you think "NO! i will die if i let this happen" ...then remember ...who is saying this sentence? the character possibly? are you the character or are you what is prior to the chraracter? do you wanna be a limited charakter who is enlightened ....or do you wanna be light iself knowing it has the possibiliy to act throu a charakter but is not limited to that...

like any psycheledic substance i recommend using weed only very rarely , maybe 1 or 2 times to see what happens and then go back integrating the insights and stay sober for 2-3 month before you engage with substances again ... (and 3 month might already be too short!) 

the REAL work comes AFTER the waking up EXPERIENCE anyways ... waking up is nice but then you have to clear up ... 4 billion years of evolution left us with mechanisms of jealousy, comparing , greed, agression etc... and these are just the super obvious ones.

i hope this helps a little bit

@Afonsoit allows more connection to higher self while sacrificing ability to do much with the connection.  i would take your experience as an awareness that u have something  that u can let go of to get a higher default consciouness.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Falk said:

like any psycheledic substance i recommend using weed only very rarely , maybe 1 or 2 times to see what happens and then go back integrating the insights and stay sober for 2-3 month before you engage with substances again ... (and 3 month might already be too short!) 

the REAL work comes AFTER the waking up EXPERIENCE anyways ... waking up is nice but then you have to clear up ... 4 billion years of evolution left us with mechanisms of jealousy, comparing , greed, agression etc... and these are just the super obvious ones.

I used to use weed 2 times a week, for doing deeper meditations and as an easy feel good. I used it as a crutch and I have no regrets having done so.

As apposed to psychedelics I never felt likereally  having to integrate it, maybe for new users that's different but it's really not such a hard substance imo.

Oh by the way, the natural state of the body mind is perfect:

Fear is just there to protect you and feels just fine if it's not suppressed and defined as wrong. 

Sadness is beautiful as well if it can flow (seriously) if it's not suppressed and defined as wrong.

Anger is great too, it's passionate righteousness , if..

Envy is fine too, a passion for improvement, if...

But we are told that our natural feelings are wrong, that we can't cry, be mad, etc. and then we suppress ourselves + create a fake unnatural identity with it and that's when the shitshow starts.