Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

The tree.. 

When you see it, it is colors and light

When you touch it it is textures and forms

When you smell it is is odors and fragrance

When you taste it is is flavors and tastes

When you listen to it is is sounds

Now take several steps away from the tree and turn your back to it. 

What is left of the tree? A thought. The thought is real. What the thought is ABOUT is pure illusion. 

When you have left all these behind, does a tree still exist? Where? And as what? 

************************************************************************************************************************

Do the same with your own constructed persona. :D 

Leave all senses and all thoughts aside for a moment and look. REALLY look. Aside what you feel with your senses and what your thoughts say... Is there a YOU there in any shape or form? Was it ever?

Is this scary? What is it there that can be harmed? And if you never were, and never could be, who is there to be afraid, and of what? 

There's no DOING here and no PATH. That's the trap. Just look right now. 

If you are ready to look, do it with integrity and focus. The danger here is that you grab these ideas and run with them, exposing them all over the place without having the real experience of what this all implies. You will use these concepts where and when it suits you, enter mental drama, alienating people around you, etc... Also there can be a moment where you have tried for a while to "get there" and mind has finally figured out a way to get itself around to make it all logical and neat...but without the real experience. There's a surge of happiness then, a sort of an ecstatic release that has nothing to do with the actual seeing of no-self which will of course fade within a few hours or days. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Have you ever considered each day... whether there really is a yesterday (or is it memories projected backwards, assumed, as they seem to explain how we might have arrived at THIS)... and whether there is truly tomorrow (or is it projections thrown forward to wonder how this might extrapolate forward into an imaginary future)? or is there only today, the rest being in the imagination....? the past and the future being nothing but a construction....a kind of attempted explanation for the feelings. sensations, the thoughts, the images coming up to day... an attempt to run away from an imaginary bad past towards an imaginary better future....

THIS could be seen as recovering from an addiction to doing exactly that :)

Have you ever consider extrapolating that to dimensions - 2D, 3D...? 

All constructs. THIS is what remains when they drop.

THIS is I.

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Something comes up tonight. Sitting with the discomfort. 

Spiritual quotes and teachings being thrown around all over the place, without any understanding of what they really point to. People getting confused by this or that... people running away from really sitting with those teachings and just throwing them around where and when they fit their self agenda.. 

Have you ever heard of a very famous teacher called James Christopher? The one that taught about the planks and splinters? 

I was looking into the plank tonight, exactly as JC taught. Deeply sitting with the confusion of it all. Deeply looking for the plank in the eye. 

Can YOU see it in your eye? 

When you see a splinter in your friend's eye, don't you go give advice to him, but know that it is your own plank you're seeing there. First go home and look in the mirror. see whether what you were really seeing was a reflection of a plank in your eye. Once you have taken that plank out, then you can go back to your brother and see whether there truly was any splinter in his eye... PLUS you get rid of all the planks!!!

And now for the BIG QUESTION: " Would it be OK if for the rest of this Earthly life you were to be picking out planks?" :)

Ayla's sitting with the sadness of not many understanding any of this.... but Ayla's nowhere to be sitting. 

<3

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

A Beautiful Prayer 

I asked God to take away my habit. God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up. 

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary. 

I asked God to grant me patience. God said, No. Patience is a by product of tribulations; it isn’t granted; it is learned. 

I asked God to give me happiness. God said, No. I give you blessings; happiness is up to you. 

I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me. 

I asked God to make my spirit grow. God said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful. 

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life. God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things. 

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as “He” loves me. God said… 

Ahhh, finally you have the idea. 

On 6/2/2016 at 8:29 AM, Ayla said:

The tree.. 

When you see it, it is colors and light

When you touch it it is textures and forms

When you smell it is is odors and fragrance

When you taste it is is flavors and tastes

When you listen to it is is sounds

Now take several steps away from the tree and turn your back to it. 

What is left of the tree? A thought. The thought is real. What the thought is ABOUT is pure illusion. 

When you have left all these behind, does a tree still exist? Where? And as what? 

When you "look" at a tree, what is that you are seeing? A bunch of colors and some ideas and concepts you have about the tree, as it is impossible for the tree to come in through your eyes and into your brain so that you experience it. Isn't it? 

In the same way, when you "look" at an "I", everything there is to "see" are mind concepts... 

NOTHING more ! You could say that it is all a dream, or a mental copy of what IS, and that none of it is REAL. 

Now mixing up different perspectives and concepts when the truth hasn't been SEEN THROUGH, would lead to endless confusion. Yes, ultimately there's no tree, no self and no seeing. There's only THIS, and even that's saying too much! It's terribly confusing when trying to mix levels or perspectives. It just doesn't work. There's nothing wrong with an everyday view of ordinary objects and situations or with using words to express some ideas in the context of sharing. Denying it leads to absurdities like this cartoon:

13445372_10207756564686464_3836975120341125712_n.jpg

What I keep seeing is a sort of a chasing tails (own or other's) when within a particular topic, there is a search for understanding that gets somehow contaminated by swirls on semantics and questioning terms.. Both perspectives are true, two different levels of speaking. Neither one contradicts the other. Almost every topic I've seen looks like this: How to get to "no-self" but "no-self" is just a term. PERFECT recipe for never getting anywhere at all. Looks a bit like this:

13423874_10207426786962949_1723545955045428624_n.jpg

;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Grace :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla   You are right, there's nothing.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

This!

13339455_1196231310434012_5817944071405335956_n.jpg

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla tell me.. do you fear death even when you are enlightenment? Does it ever cross your mind? 

What is your greatest fear Ayla 

Mine is

Losing my daughter 

I'd prefer death first

Ironic isn't it? 

Just now, DizIzMikey said:

@Ayla tell me.. do you fear death even when you are enlightenment? Does it ever cross your mind? 

What is your greatest fear Ayla 

Mine is

Losing my daughter 

I'd prefer death first

Ironic isn't it? 

Fear is still there. EVERYTHING is still there. But there's NOBODY there, no central unit that gets affected by any of it. The focus needs to turn from the object to the SUBJECT. When it is SEEN that there's no experiencer, no separate entity that has to deal with any of it... everything drops. 

Ayla has a lot of fears, but I don't, as I know they're all imaginary, part of the play here. 

Also, we NEVER have fears about others. So in your context, you only fear the way YOU would feel if your daughter... 

I know FOR SURE death doesn't exist, but can you believe me? :) You need to search for yourself. It's not difficult. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla ohhh sure.. from your high chair it's not difficult 

But Ayla ... damn.. it isn't.. rofl 

I hate that your right 

But I love it at the same time

I wanna see your universe and travel your stars

Absorb your powers for my own selfish goals lmao just kidding

You did say you wanted to see a twisted mind r? Lmao