Carl-Richard

How does an enlightened mind function?

116 posts in this topic

Im not sure if this was a cessation, but when I first started doing kriya yoga (results got dramatically less pronounced shortly after), I had a kundalini awakening, followed by three experiences where the feeling of having a center or focal point of awareness disappeared momentarily, it was pretty dramatic and felt like physical death. I've never experienced anything quite like that before or sense, including on psychedelics.

Edited by Oppositionless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JoshB said:

I was referring to accessing your memories and state. You, basically a total realization of Leo. The I'm Leo Awakening. :D 

This is a bad idea. You should not be trying to become me, you should be fully you.

Do not treat me as special.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, this a bad idea. You should not be trying to become me, you should be fully you.

Do not treat me as special.

Yes but as well as intergrating all others into your own identity. And intergrating so much that you could see any and every aspect of them. 

Just having direct and full access to you. I would call this total understanding, I totally understand you. 

I would still call that fully becoming me. 

Not im taking on your identity 

 

Edited by JoshB

I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Just having direct and full access to you.

That is not going to happen.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is not going to happen.

Why not?


I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Why not?

Because you barely even know me.

I am a complicated thing and you are never going to figure me out. I can barely figure myself out. :D

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because you barely even know me.

I am a complicated thing and you are never going to figure me out. I can barely figure myself out. :D

Under this current state of consciousness I don't but I have realized conciousness is capable of knowing anything.

Its not that I have some bias towards you I have plenty of friends and family I would like to understand to that degree. Dont feel too special

And its not that I want anything from you or them. I just want to understand at the degree at which you and them understand themselves. 

And because other is me it's a desire for self understanding. 

And its also interesting to add to the mix that I have realized I imagined everyone and have unimagined everyone. So its like restricted access to my own imagination. 

Turning into wolf conciousness and imagining an infinite amount of Gods is on the table, but knowing someone personally from their pov isn't?

Also from the absolute pov there isn't even a you to know 

Edited by JoshB

I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

Im not sure if this was a cessation, but when I first started doing kriya yoga (results got dramatically less pronounced shortly after), I had a kundalini awakening, followed by three experiences where the feeling of having a center or focal point of awareness disappeared momentarily, it was pretty dramatic and felt like physical death. I've never experienced anything quite like that before or sense, including on psychedelics.

Cessation is where all sensory phenomena disappear; time and space, sounds, sights, gone. I've not "completed" a cessation, but I have entered what felt like the beginning of it because I was so close to simply disappearing (I aborted before it happened). It felt like being slowly injected with anesthesia. Body, mind, thoughts, location, all disappear. 

The center dropping out (if I understand you correctly) or mind being quiet is not quite the same; it's ego dissolution but sensory phenomena is still occurring. I've had intense ego dissolution that did not seem like cessation (the "oh shit I'm dying" feeling), one time while listening to music (and I was still hearing the music when I got the feeling), but it absolutely blew my mind still.

But the thing about those experiences is they can likely lead to cessation if you keep letting them unfold and especially if you stop moving your body (I've never heard about somebody entering cessation while moving).

Somebody like Sadhguru, when he describes closing his eyes, he says "the world just disappears". He said he was doing a brain measurement once because people were curious and when it was over, the people allegedly started hitting him with a hammer to make him come back. And funnily enough, they said his brain readings said he was dead. It seems like when you're enlightened (which I think Sadhguru is), you'll basically automatically enter cessation if you close your eyes and stop moving for long enough.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Also from the absolute pov there isn't even a you to know 

I wonder who came up with this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because you barely even know me.

I am a complicated thing and you are never going to figure me out. I can barely figure myself out. :D

This is very humble of you Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because God has no control over anything.

You guys still keep on thinking there is someone who controls things. That's not how God works.

The hallucination is Absolute.

Another possibility is that you consciously chose to come to this planet before you were born, but forgot about it once you arrived, otherwise the illusion wouldn't have been absolute.

I think that one is the truth, and that this aspect of reality isn't easily accessible through awakening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now