LordFall

2027 Is Gonna Be an Insane Year for YouTube

13 posts in this topic

Seems like 2027 is going to be a big year for YouTube, they're adding a bunch of changes. I think it's a great time for people to get into it and start becoming content creators. Youtube studio is becoming much more powerful with many AI features that are gonna let you basically talk to your Youtube account to figure out how to make better videos and overall be more successful on the platform.

I'm a huge data nerd so I'm going to spend a lot of time with these features to grow my multiple YouTube channels. I also work with musicians so I think the new Youtube Music upgrade is gonna be huge for them as well. 

I think honestly YouTube is my favorite product ever, and there are good arguments that it's one of the top 10 best products in the world today so I'm glad they're keeping it fresh and are on top of things with AI. 

Anyone else here creating content or planning to jump into YouTube this year? 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I deleted YouTube recently as I see it as a distraction for my personal growth but if anyone is a content creator you definitely need to have a channel there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, integration journey said:

Yes! I hope they get rid of the shorts though because it kinda copies TikTok 

What's wrong with copying successful content formats?

Shorts are great, they let you watch a video and only spend 30 seconds -2 mins of your time. So many cool long form videos I wanna watch but they're too long and I can only justify spending so much time watching videos a week. 

7 minutes ago, Heaven said:

I deleted YouTube recently as I see it as a distraction for my personal growth but if anyone is a content creator you definitely need to have a channel there 

That's interesting, you mostly consume YouTube on your phone? I guess I do watch shorts on my phone but I would say 70% of my YouTube consumption is on my laptop. 

Have you ever thought about being a content creator yourself? I think it's a really fun hobby to get into and the potential ROI if you manage to do it well is massive. 

Edited by LordFall

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make travel vlogs. It is not easy at all. One of the hardest niches since you have travel often and it can get expensive and difficult to take trips all the time. But I live abroad so it’s fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2026 at 11:23 PM, LordFall said:

What's wrong with copying successful content formats?

Shorts are great, they let you watch a video and only spend 30 seconds -2 mins of your time. So many cool long form videos I wanna watch but they're too long and I can only justify spending so much time watching videos a week. 

Watching Shorts gives you "brain rot." When you finally read a book—even if it feels challenging at first because you’re accustomed to short-form content—you realize it’s good for your brain; it’s restful and offers a unique kind of pleasure that you simply don't get from watching videos, especially short ones.
It’s akin to the difference between the pleasure derived from drugs and the satisfaction gained from fulfilling a natural need, like spending time with friends or playing sports.

YouTube introduced Shorts just like other apps to boost revenues. They act like drug dealers; they know that human attention patterns make us susceptible to getting hooked by this phenomenon, which is dangerous for our attention span and in fine our mood, yet they are willing to do it to drive profits. There was a time when the British waged war on China to force the legalization of opium despite the enormous damage to the population (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars); imperialism itself is a consequence of uncontrolled capitalism, Lenin even wrote a book about it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperialism,_the_Highest_Stage_of_Capitalism).

 

Edited by Schizophonia

Take a bit of Monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2026 at 4:36 PM, Lyubov said:

I make travel vlogs. It is not easy at all. One of the hardest niches since you have travel often and it can get expensive and difficult to take trips all the time. But I live abroad so it’s fine. 

Fun! What is your YT channel?


𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to start making some anime music videos but I'm very afraid they get taken down. I don't care about monetization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Fun! What is your YT channel?

I’ll message you it

 

I’ve decided I’m going to start putting energy into learning public speaking and story telling. I would like to do talking head videos in addition to travel content and I realized that being able to talk really well on camera and compose thought provoking ideas and tell stories would be one of the most powerful skill sets for me to learn. Just being able to talk really freely for 10-15 minutes on topics I want to share would be really valuable for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its all so tiring

I dont want any more useless content creators ruining society. no more tiktok, ai slop, youtubers. This is literally the death drive in overdrive. Greed, envy, jealousy. I can't take it anymore.

Edited by gengar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I’ll message you it

 

I’ve decided I’m going to start putting energy into learning public speaking and story telling. I would like to do talking head videos in addition to travel content and I realized that being able to talk really well on camera and compose thought provoking ideas and tell stories would be one of the most powerful skill sets for me to learn. Just being able to talk really freely for 10-15 minutes on topics I want to share would be really valuable for me. 

:x


𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gengar said:

its all so tiring

I dont want any more useless content creators ruining society. no more tiktok, ai slop, youtubers. This is literally the death drive in overdrive. Greed, envy, jealousy. I can't take it anymore.

There’s a ton of high quality YouTube content though. I’d say it’s mostly the shorts and reels that are affected so heavily. Don’t get me wrong there is occasionally some ai used by creators I like. They use it more for the packaging like the thumbnail and occasionally some of the graphics or still photos used inside. It’s occasionally alright for thumbnails when referencing real photos and not overdoing it. I don’t watch any ai slop or people who overdo it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2026 at 1:29 PM, Schizophonia said:

Watching Shorts gives you "brain rot." When you finally read a book—even if it feels challenging at first because you’re accustomed to short-form content—you realize it’s good for your brain; it’s restful and offers a unique kind of pleasure that you simply don't get from watching videos, especially short ones.
It’s akin to the difference between the pleasure derived from drugs and the satisfaction gained from fulfilling a natural need, like spending time with friends or playing sports.

YouTube introduced Shorts just like other apps to boost revenues. They act like drug dealers; they know that human attention patterns make us susceptible to getting hooked by this phenomenon, which is dangerous for our attention span and in fine our mood, yet they are willing to do it to drive profits. There was a time when the British waged war on China to force the legalization of opium despite the enormous damage to the population (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars); imperialism itself is a consequence of uncontrolled capitalism, Lenin even wrote a book about it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperialism,_the_Highest_Stage_of_Capitalism).

 

I don't think that's a great comparison. I watch shorts and I still read books just fine. It's also a point on efficiency of the content, when someone makes a great succinct point it makes me have less patience for people that lack eloquence and make really long videos for no reason. It's definitely not the case for all long form content but how many times have you watched a video where after 15 mins you're like couldn't you have said that in 30 seconds? Thank God for the interest graph so you can just skip to the part most people have watched.

On 10/5/2026 at 6:14 PM, chisel said:

I want to start making some anime music videos but I'm very afraid they get taken down. I don't care about monetization.

You should! This is a case of overthinking and analysis paralysis, you can use any music you want and it doesn't get taken down, the videos just get unmonetized.

You can even run a check while the video is private so that if it is copyrighted content like you just upload 15 mins straight from Naruto, Youtube will warn you beforehand so your channel doesn't get a strike. 

On 10/5/2026 at 9:24 PM, gengar said:

its all so tiring

I dont want any more useless content creators ruining society. no more tiktok, ai slop, youtubers. This is literally the death drive in overdrive. Greed, envy, jealousy. I can't take it anymore.

It seems like you have a doomer victim mindset. I encourage you to find more positivity in your life brother so that you can rejoice with others that are crushing it as well!

What are some of your goals and things that are important to you? Feel free to share and we can keep you accountable towards achieving your goals and ridding yourself of that resentment. Posting your goals publicly as content is a great way to build support around them. 

On 10/5/2026 at 8:05 PM, Lyubov said:

I’ll message you it

 

I’ve decided I’m going to start putting energy into learning public speaking and story telling. I would like to do talking head videos in addition to travel content and I realized that being able to talk really well on camera and compose thought provoking ideas and tell stories would be one of the most powerful skill sets for me to learn. Just being able to talk really freely for 10-15 minutes on topics I want to share would be really valuable for me. 

That's sweet, good luck you got this! You should post it publicly here so people can subscribe and we can follow your journey. 

Edited by LordFall

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now