r0ckyreed

What car do you recommend?

30 posts in this topic

I am in the market for a car they will take me places. Ideally, I am wanting a car with good gas mileage and long life expectancy/reliability. 

I was looking into Toyota Corolla Cross Hatchback and Toyota Prius. 


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed why waste money on a new car? So much more interesting things you can do with your money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@r0ckyreed why waste money on a new car? So much more interesting things you can do with your money. 

What if he likes car 


Take a bit of Monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buy a tesla, gas prices gonna explode


Don’t go quietly into that dark night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Kia Forte I bought a few years ago. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Schizophonia number one financial advice, never buy liabilities, buy skills and assets instead. You buy a car for 30.000 euros or more and it is worth allot less after a few years. You buy an investment and you're 30k became 60k or in 2 decades 120k or you buy a skill that makes you money that you then can invest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed  both those options prius and corolla are good. Reliable, cheap on gas especially the Prius for gas. But they do have batteries which can be expensive to replace in after 10-15 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olaf said:

@r0ckyreed why waste money on a new car? So much more interesting things you can do with your money. 

Well, I know I’m a fast runner, but I need a car so I can drive places. I am prefer used cars over new.


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@Schizophonia number one financial advice, never buy liabilities, buy skills and assets instead. You buy a car for 30.000 euros or more and it is worth allot less after a few years. You buy an investment and you're 30k became 60k or in 2 decades 120k or you buy a skill that makes you money that you then can invest. 

Lol. Do you just run everywhere? Or live in a city with public transportation? I live in a small college town, so a car is needed.


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed yeah in that case you could get a used car, I thought you wanted to buy a new one and waste a ton of money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olaf said:

@r0ckyreed yeah in that case you could get a used car, I thought you wanted to buy a new one and waste a ton of money

Oh yeah. Hell no. Used is better for sure 👍 


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@r0ckyreed I live in Amsterdam, it is more efficient with bike then with car. We are famous for it too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olaf said:

@r0ckyreed I live in Amsterdam, it is more efficient with bike then with car. We are famous for it too. 

Nice! That would be cool place to visit. Oklahoma USA, you need a car. :) 


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my car new and paid it off in 5 years with 0% APR. Had it for 5-6 years and it only has 33k miles on it. I wanted something that looked good inside and out and was comfortable, good on gas, and good features. I set out with a plan to buy a Prius but when I sat down down in it, I just didn't like it. Ideally, this car will last me the rest of my life. I think it's only a bad financial decision if you keep trading in and buying new cars. A one-time purchase of a nice, comfortable car with the plan to have it last you 2-3 decades was a good decision for me. 

7qXEGrI.png

61zuNy8.png

I'm still pretty happy with it. The newer models look a bit nicer. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Joshe said:

I bought my car new and paid it off in 5 years with 0% APR. Had it for 5-6 years and it only has 33k miles on it. I wanted something that looked good inside and out and was comfortable, good on gas, and good features. I set out with a plan to buy a Prius but when I sat down down in it, I just didn't like it. Ideally, this car will last me the rest of my life. I think it's only a bad financial decision if you keep trading in and buying new cars. A one-time purchase of a nice, comfortable car with the plan to have it last you 2-3 decades was a good decision for me. 

7qXEGrI.png

61zuNy8.png

I'm still pretty happy with it. The newer models look a bit nicer. 

WOW that’s nice! Thanks for sharing! I will consider this. 


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without making assumptions about your price range, I'd choose a Datsun if I couldn't get the Chevrolet Chevelle I wanted.

Personally, I just like their aesthetics. 

Datsun has a surprisingly wide min/max in cost.

Datsun carries the Chevrolet Chevelle feel when it comes to aesthetics without the pricetag of one.

That's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Olaf said:

@Schizophonia number one financial advice, never buy liabilities, buy skills and assets instead. You buy a car for 30.000 euros or more and it is worth allot less after a few years. You buy an investment and you're 30k became 60k or in 2 decades 120k or you buy a skill that makes you money that you then can invest. 

Lol yes but he didn't say he wanted that, he said he wanted a car.
He asks advices about buying an object he wants.

 

Yes it's not profitable to buy a new vehicle if the goal is investment.


Take a bit of Monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't go wrong with either Honda or Toyota, they are long lasting, relatively cheap cars. If you want a reliable engine get a Diesel. Personally, I've been a fan of the BMW 2-liter engines if you wanna spend a little more. Fuel-efficient and oil change every two years.

IMG_6198-2.jpg

Edited by meta_male

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toyota makes the best car, but their recent models look ugly, aesthetics wise.

Honda CRV is nice.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Honda CRV is nice.

I have Honda CRV 2014 for the last 2 years, no issues so far. More recent models must be better.

I also like Toyota RAV4, considering that one for the next car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now