Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackjack38

Can reading self help books make you lose awareness?

6 posts in this topic

Recently I planned on reading 2 books on emotions and 1 book on meditation. I have some knowledge and experience, like everyone else, about emotions in life and I feel like books on emotions will make it more difficult for me to manage my emotions or alter my daily life emotional experience towards a too ordered one, instead of just feeling fluently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience - you cannot control emotions and feelings. They occur. You can only alter your relationship with them. 

IE do you have an irresistible impulse to act on them? Or can you sit with them. Feel them in totality - and let them pass (process them)

A book can assist. But no amount of cerebral analysing, explanation or thinking will be able to control the feeling itself. We can only change how we relate to the feeling.

Which books were you looking at reading? Some are better than others at teaching techniques.

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking at emotional intelligence 2.0 and search inside yourself

What would you recommend?

Edited by Blackjack38
New info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I quote a part of post?

I am connected through my tablet

Edited by Blackjack38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blackjack38 Read Subtle Art of not giving a F---. Preferably chapter 1 . The gold of emotional regulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0