LordFall

Star Wars - Megathread

73 posts in this topic

@Juan Racer review is out! 

 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making : Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2026 at 9:27 AM, r0ckyreed said:

IMG_6938.jpeg
 

Can’t wait to see this movie! We need a Mace Windu series!! :D 

That is hilarious, but Mace Windu was not a good character. He is so stiff and boring.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is hilarious, but Mace Windu was not a good character. He is so stiff and boring.

It’s a shame that he was such a background character. That’s another mistake Lucasfilm made. He was the baddest Jedi of all of them and bested Palpatine and could even defeat Yoda.

 

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

It’s a shame that he was such a background character. That’s another mistake Lucasfilm made. He was the baddest Jedi of all of them and bested Palpatine and could even defeat Yoda.

I don't like Sam Jackson in Star Wars. He is a gimmick, he doesn't feel Star Wars, and it was an indulgent cameo for what should be a serious series. He was miscast in my view.

Him being a badass Jedi never felt believable to me. They wanted him to feel that way, but it doesn't translate on screen.

Darth Maul feels like a true badass.

Imagine Tom Cruise as a Jedi. That's how Sam Jackson feels to me. It's not quite right.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't like Sam Jackson in Star Wars. He is a gimmick, he doesn't feel Star Wars, and it was an indulgent cameo for what should be a serious series. He was miscast in my view.

Him being a badass Jedi never felt believable to me. They wanted him to feel that way, but it doesn't translate on screen.

Darth Maul feels like a badass.

If anyone disagrees with this, we have beef. All due respect to SLJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordFall said:

@Juan Racer review is out! 

 

This game actually seems cool. I like this.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have killed Maul in a way that left room for him to return.

It would have been cool if he returned as a cyborg like Grevious, making him even more badass.

Note: Yes, I know they gave him legs, but that's lame.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't like Sam Jackson in Star Wars. He is a gimmick, he doesn't feel Star Wars, and it was an indulgent cameo for what should be a serious series. He was miscast in my view.

Him being a badass Jedi never felt believable to me. They wanted him to feel that way, but it doesn't translate on screen.

Darth Maul feels like a true badass.

Imagine Tom Cruise as a Jedi. That's how Sam Jackson feels to me. It's not quite right.

curious to hear your thoughts on Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Asayake said:

curious to hear your thoughts on Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones :D

I don't even remember that.

In general I dislike cameos because they are gimmicks. Why put Ed Sheeran into Game Of Thrones? Why? It adds nothing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't even remember that.

In general I dislike cameos because they are gimmicks. Why put Ed Sheeran into Game Of Thrones? Why? It adds nothing.

I don’t remember this either. Apparently he literally sings a song around a campfire in Season 7 lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't like Sam Jackson in Star Wars. He is a gimmick, he doesn't feel Star Wars, and it was an indulgent cameo for what should be a serious series. He was miscast in my view.

Him being a badass Jedi never felt believable to me. They wanted him to feel that way, but it doesn't translate on screen.

 

7 hours ago, yetineti said:

If anyone disagrees with this, we have beef. All due respect to SLJ.

This is actually an interesting case of multiperspectivalism. My first experience of Samuel L. Jackson was Mace Windu so for me he killed the role.

I watched him in Pulp Fiction only much later, probably only like 10 years ago. To me I always see him as the stoic badass Jedi Master in all his roles like Avengers, Snakes on a Plane and Django Unchained is like his evil version of that.

I don't recall seeing him in a different archetype of character but I'm sure he's played some. 

Edited by LordFall

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making : Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordFall said:

I watched him in Pulp Fiction only much later,

I can't unsee him in that goofy Pulp Fiction wig.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now