Seed

'do Nothing'

15 posts in this topic

In Leo's video he states that the method needs to be done with eyes open. I've been following this to a T for the past few weeks, however, tried it a couple of times recently with eyes shut, which for me is quite a different experience.

I'm just wondering what the reasoning is behind having eyes open, or if it doesn't really matter?

Does anyone else do both?

Opinions and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x

what do you usually do ? I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just fascinated by other people's perspectives

1 minute ago, Seed said:

what do you usually do ? I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just fascinated by other people's perspectives

I sit, tune into the stillness within and be present. If a thought or a sensation comes... I watch it and let it go...

I think doing it with  your eyes open should help keeping you awake. But if falling asleep is not an issue, then you probably can do it with closed eyes as well. I also prefer meditating with my eyes closed. I get distracted by blinking and shifting accommodation 

whatever arises, love that

@Seed Perhaps, doing it with your eyes open, gives you the opportunity to involve your sight as  a means to experiencing additional distraction. Even when you just look at a blank wall, you see some  specks of dust, dirt, floaters, light beams. If your eyes are half close, half open, you see your eyelashes, or have the experience of the foggy vision, whatever. You may be willing to include these things into the spectrum of your awareness. Or not.

13 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

"I think doing it with  your eyes open should help keeping you awake. But if falling asleep is not an issue, then you probably can do it with closed eyes as well. I also prefer meditating with my eyes closed. I get distracted by blinking and shifting accommodation 

@phoenix666 This is quite important what you've said here. "Eyes open keeping you awake".  I want to share something. Try taking wakefulness with eyes open to the extreme!!! Take it to a level of Hyper Wakefulness. Send an intention to the higher mind to become perfectly tuned into the absolute now. Striking the perfect cord with the moment of now and you feel everything come into perfect synchronization as pure consciousness. If you go even deeper into it, you won't be experiencing what your eyes are seeing regardless of whether they're open or not. Leo mentions being entranced in his latest video. This is what I'm talking about. It's very transcendent.

Edited by cetus56

10 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@phoenix666 This is quite important what you've said here. "Eyes open keeping you awake".  I want to share something. Try taking wakefulness with eyes open to the extreme!!! Take it to a level of Hyper Wakefulness. Send an intention to the higher mind to become perfectly tuned into the absolute now. Striking the perfect cord with the moment of now and you feel everything come into perfect synchronization as pure consciousness. If you go even deeper into it, you won't be experiencing what your eyes are seeing regardless of whether they're open or not. Leo mentions a "trance state" in his latest video. This is what I'm talking about. It's very transcendent.

do you mean whilst doing 'Do nothing' meditation? or also with the mindfulness labeling technique? it sounds fascinating, I have to admit. I'll try tomorrow. It will be quite a challenge, since I've been meditating with my eyes closed for two years now. How do you manage to not get distracted from what you see? Even if I look at a white wall, light patterns and other visible phenomena will still emerge.. and the blinking stresses me out.. 

I will try tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration! 

With the do nothing meditation I try to notice the resistance of the mind to be quiet, and when something happen, I ask to myself why there's resistance? And I try to find a reason or notice and insight.

Every meditation is different.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@phoenix666 It's as simple as freefalling into the now. Let go into it and the now will show you it's source. I know saying that doesn't mean much, but experiencing it directly, Woa! It will clear up a lot of questions.

@cetus56 I know, some things are just downright impossible to communicate, one must experience it himself. Let's see where the Now will take me ;)

I am so obsessed with the 'Do Nothing' technique, I can't do any other one, as it just feels the easiest and allows me to fully surrender.

I have actually gone back to 'eyes open' as doing this seems to keep me in the present moment, as previous posters have said, I end up going into a trance anyways. B|

Simple basic rule, never meditate eyes closed when you're tired.

Does not matter for this meditation, and it can even works better for you eyes closed.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I need help in understanding this technique.

When i start meditating using do nothing I am good in the beginning but after sometime I have no idea what I am doing and what is the difference between doing do nothing technique and sitting there and thinking about random thoughts ? how to loose control over my consciousness ?

If I am thinking about random thoughts (lost in my monkey mind). if it is right or I have to do something additional?

56 minutes ago, Gagan said:

I need help in understanding this technique.

When i start meditating using do nothing I am good in the beginning but after sometime I have no idea what I am doing and what is the difference between doing do nothing technique and sitting there and thinking about random thoughts ? how to loose control over my consciousness ?

If I am thinking about random thoughts (lost in my monkey mind). if it is right or I have to do something additional?

Just observe the mind, don't resist it anyway whatsoever. Just observe and detach, if you can't detach then dont. It's as simple as that. There is no goal, or way of controlling it. All you need to do is sit and stay aware. Whether you have a profound experience or not, is not up to you.

You dont do meditation. Meditation does you