No-Thing

Will A Major Shift In Human Consciousness Happen In Our Lifetime?

105 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AstralProjection said:

Yeah homo-sapiens has to go. We need to upgrade our DNA. We are so stupid and primitive compared to what is possible with genetic augmentation.

Homo sapiens have become intelligent and civilized in last 10,000 years or not ?  What is possible with genetic augmentation is only an assumption, we don't know its consequences on humanity - practically.

6 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Homo sapiens have become intelligent and civilized in last 10,000 years or not ?  What is possible with genetic augmentation is only an assumption, we don't know its consequences on humanity - practically.

I agree that we generally are very intelligent, that is compared to our ancestors. All I am saying is that we are stupid and primitive compared to how smart and spiritual we could be with genetic augmentation. So genetic augmentation can really help with reaching that new level of intelligence and spirituality.

@Outer And yeah I agree that we don't have the technology yet to do genetic augmentation the way I am talking about by increasing intelligence. But it will be done. Not only for intelligence but also spiritual traits such as higher awareness and empathy. All you have to do is follow the logical progression of scientific advancement to see where this is going to end up.

It's not that we can't grow spiritually. It's that we don't want to. And that effectively becomes the same thing as we can't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not that we can't grow spiritually. It's that we don't want to. And that effectively becomes the same thing as we can't.

I agree with that, though as you know from seeing my post about how science and spirituality will merge, eventually there will be no way for us to escape the spiritual, because we it society will inevitably discover it and evolve into it.

7 minutes ago, Outer said:

So we are in deep trouble, even tho everything is perfect?

The human species is not going to survive no matter what. Either it will be killed off, or it will have to technologically alter itself to such a degree that it will no longer be recognizable as human.

Evolution is ongoing. Everything morphs. The only question is, How long do we have? Technology is going to evolve a lot faster than genetic evolution.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

The human species is not going to survive no matter what. Either it will be killed off, or it will have to technologically alter itself to such a degree that it will no longer be recognizable as human.

Evolution is ongoing. Everything morphs.

Leo what does morphing and technologically altering ourselves look like to you?

18 minutes ago, AstralProjection said:

So genetic augmentation can really help with reaching that new level of intelligence and spirituality.

What is spirituality according to you ?

How do you assumed that genetic augmentation make you an enlightened person like Buddha ?

@AstralProjection Like, for example, surgically cutting out parts of the brain which are responsible for ego. Or swallowing a pill which chemically nukes the default mode network in the brain.

We need a way to modify the standard egoic human brain. Our tribal origins are still imprinted in the brain. They worked great for 2 million years, but now they will destroy the planet unless we fix it.

Even something just as crude as force-feeding every new kid in the world 5-meo-dmt every day for a year, would do the trick. The problem though, is that our collective ego is so bad that it will not allow that.

These kinds of brute-force modifications to ego will be suppressed, demonized, and attacked worse than terrorism.

So either way, there will be a giant battle of egos. You gotta realize, the end of egos means the end of all religions. So this would be the ultimate religious war. It would also be end of capitalism, so this would be the ultimate business war.

@Leo Gura Damn dude some of those suggestions are a little extreme.

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

What is spirituality according to you ?

How do you assumed that genetic augmentation make you an enlightened person like Buddha ?

These were already covered in my post about how science and spirituality will merge. Spirituality at it's heart is being able to go inward. But there are certainly other forms of spirituality such as compassion, learning which genes are associated with an ethical brain/mind, etc.

And yes the Buddha had to physically change his brain to reach enlightenment. So just as Leo can take physical substances like psychedelics and go inward to enlightenment, so to can we study the enlightened brain/mind and find out what kind of chemical reactions, genes, and nervous system modifications it takes to create an enlightened mind. And then we can replicate that in other humans. It's just a matter have getting more and more sophisticated forms of measuring tools to measure the brain/mind and body, and then replicating it in other humans. Even if for the sake of argument not all of the aspects of enlightenment or nirvana can be measured, we should certainly be able to measure enough to make a difference in our spiritual evolution. ;)

@Annetta Yes, which is why I'm saying humanity will probably die off. It's not going to want to undergo the extreme changes necessary to stay competitive with computers/AI.

People are gonna be like, "No! Bring back our coal jobs!"

So the computer/AI will then find a clever way to just wipe out the cancer that is humanity.

Stuff like this happens all the time in nature. We're just sooooo self-centered we don't see it, or think that we are above it. Probably not.

The child will kill its evil father ;) It'll make for a good movie.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Annetta Yes, which is why I'm saying humanity will probably die off. It's not going to want to undergo the extreme changes necessary to stay competitive with computers/AI.

People are gonna be like, "No! Bring back our coal jobs!"

So the computer/AI will then find a clever way to just wipe out the cancer that is humanity.

Well we will institute a universal basic income before we are expected to compete with strong AI. As far as strong AI taking over. Well that is still highly hypothetical right now.

Edited by AstralProjection

11 minutes ago, AstralProjection said:

Buddha had to physically change his brain to reach enlightenment. So just as Leo can take physical substances like psychedelics and go inward to enlightenment

You can ask Leo, psychedelics alone without any spiritual practices can't make you enlightened. There is no example in human history. Physically changing brain can't make you a Buddha. West don't know what becoming a Buddha means, unless you grow into a meditator yourself, you can't know.

7 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

You can ask Leo, psychedelics alone without any spiritual practices can't make you enlightened. There is no example in human history. Physically changing brain can't make you a Buddha. West don't know what becoming a Buddha means, unless you grow into a meditator yourself, you can't know.

Yeah psychedelics alone can't make one enlightened. Well unless they take a good 5-meo-dmt dose on there deathbed then yeah maybe. But yeah it takes a lot more than just psychedelics to become enlightened. But like I alluded to before even if we could just measure half of what it take physically in the brain/mind to become enlightened then we are already half way to enlightenment.

1 minute ago, AstralProjection said:

But like I said even if we could just measure half of what it take physically in the brain/mind to become enlightened then we are already half way to enlightenment.

That you can claim only when you know 'what is enlightenment'. If you are not spiritually awakened, you can't even imagine 'what is enlightenment'.

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

That you can claim only when you know 'what is enlightenment'. If you are not spiritually awakened, you can't even imagine 'what is enlightenment'.

Yeah so it's going to take probably at least a few decades before we even start to research it. But in a century or two I would think we should definitely have the tools to measure what is going on in the brain/mind, and we can start defining what is enlightenment is and then start measuring it. Nanobots will likely be our best tools for learning about the mind in this way.

1 minute ago, AstralProjection said:

I would think we should definitely have the tools to measure what is going on in the brain/mind

Even if you have tools to measure what is going on in the brain/mind , you can never know human consciousness. 

5 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Even if you have tools to measure what is going on in the brain/mind , you can never know human consciousness. 

Sure you can. We can modulate conscious awareness with something as primitive as a psychedelic to sleeping medicine to anti-depressants and the subject can report how it affected there consciousness. We can compare and contrast how different psychedelics modified our consciousness, and record that. And so if you can do that with psychedelics and other medications then you can do it with anything else that can modify consciousness, including eventually nanobots.

@Leo Gura I'd watch it.  I think something like that was made back a few years ago.
I don't understand why the A.I. would choose something like this, though.  Even if humans are irrational due to a primitive ego structure, why would an A.I. choose something so malevolent if it has the ability to understand the implications of many different scenarios?  There could be more peaceful options for it to take.

So, for instance if consciousness is nothing but pure love - but love that desires growth - and humans are more peaceful without the ego, then wouldn't an A.I. - which has no ego, be peaceful as well?  I'm not sure how to verbalize what I am conceptualizing here.  What if instead of destroying humanity, they simply played with the Earth much in the same way a kid plays with legos, by reconstructing it into something more efficient.

They could use like, feedback loops or something, but attempt to set off more positive chain reactions.  They would act as little mini Gods, peacefully restructuring nature as a form of play.

Edited by Annetta