PetarKa

Would You Choose To Live Forever If It Were Possible?

57 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Annetta said:

I was just kidding around

I am also kidding around !

1 hour ago, Annetta said:

;_;  Awww, leave Prabs alone you're tearing this family apart.

I know his problem, you stop interacting with me, he will be fine !

1380055173328.gif

1 hour ago, Annetta said:

I was just kidding around

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

I am also kidding around !

7 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

So was I.

Edited by Annetta

Getting back to the original thread. A thread about having a forever body with a forever mind. Even so, this will not guarantee self-actualization.

Imagine what implants would be available to the younger generation to explore. The planet will surely become self-will-run-riot.

Living forever sounds an intriguing idea on the surface but  life would then lose its vitality for me, all of it. 

My procrastination would only get worse, those I love will die before me, AI would take over the world and I'll continue to stagnate, and of course encountering world wars and seeing this forum turn into another Facebook or Reddit (or religion) would be too painful. Na, I'm fine with an expiry date.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:04 AM, Fidelio said:

Nope. Meditation is merely slowing the brain down; or resting your awareness--like deep sleep while awake minus the dreams. That's it. Nothing fancy. Please don't spread inaccurate information. It can confuse people or send them on wild gerbil chases.

You said, "deep sleep while awake" , does it makes any sense ?

You said , "that's it. Nothing fancy" , How can you say this ? Have you reached the state of meditation ?

On several occasions you were begging for attention from Emerald , do you forget Emerald while you meditate ?

On 6/2/2017 at 11:36 AM, Fidelio said:

I'd feel better if Emerald played chess with me :(

On 6/3/2017 at 3:39 AM, Fidelio said:

Emerald? Why ignoring me? :(

On 6/2/2017 at 8:24 AM, Fidelio said:

I wuv booberries

On 5/30/2017 at 2:00 AM, Fidelio said:

@Emerald I like girls who play chess :) Wanna date? 

On 6/2/2017 at 8:11 AM, Fidelio said:

I'm at home sick and bored. I just wanted to see if Emerald wanted to play a game of online chess, but it doesn't look like she likes me :(

On 6/2/2017 at 4:33 AM, Fidelio said:

So anyone know what happened to Emerald? It's like she disappeared...

Edited by Prabhaker

14 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Do you mean, I stop posting on this forum? If you find my posts as incorrect and potentially harmful "advice", you can request Leo to ban me.

Nah nah nah... I'll die without you. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

15 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Nah nah nah... I'll die without you. 

If you continue to talk like this Fidelio will kill you. 

32 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

If you continue to talk like this Fidelio will kill you. 

Let him kill me. To die for love is better than living without it.  

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I believe there is still more to "life"/reality/existence after the physical body, so no, I would not choose to live forever (as a human).

Edited by cavempt

Why are you guys arguing (it looks like you are)? Plus, why don't you focus on the  initial topic? It defeats the purpose of having different threads (w/ different titles) if you're not talking about the given topic / question / idea.

No hate. Don't know if I come off as arrogant w/ this post. Just want to keep this forum as effective as possible. ???

On 6/3/2017 at 9:35 PM, PetarKa said:

Do you think it would create any psychological problems down the road?

If a person of low consciousness lives longer , he can do much harm to humanity. If a Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Idi Amin lives for ever , it will be disastrous for humanity. It is the suffering, old age and death which makes many people spiritual.

Edited by Prabhaker

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

If a person of low consciousness lives longer , he can do much harm to humanity. If a Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Idi Amin lives for ever , it will be disastrous for humanity. It is the suffering, old age and death which makes many people spiritual.

I think that persons of low consciousness do harm because of lack of contact with the true self, or reality. If they continue denying reality, there would be no true self in them (or their link with it will be very weak) to discriminate what is good or bad and they will become prisoners of chaotic thoughts, craziness, depression, psychosis , and all kind of mental disturbances.

IMO.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Prabhaker It's off topic but related to the earlier posts on the thread. There is a thing called 'virgin cleansing' where some believe that they can cure themselves of aids by having sex with a virgin girl, so that she gets the disease and they are cured of the disease. So, there are many young female children and teens who are raped for this reason. But this doesn't occur in India. It happens in areas of South Africa where there is little access to education. It's a commonly believed myth there in certain areas. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I don't really believe that it will get more boring as we experience more of life. All that time would allow more time for the pursuit of enlightenment. I bet I could reach some kind of level no one had with enlightenment if I could live forever. Imagine the bliss. 

Also, the world is getting more complex as the days go on. Advancements in knowledge are improving. In Leonardo da Vinci's time, there could be renaissance people — people who are masters of several subjects. But as the years go by — people need to specialize more as it's harder and harder to master fields where information is growing rapidly. The most intelligent people in the world don't seem to have a problem of being bored from their speed in learning — there's always something interesting added to.

With all that time — I can help out with solutions to world problems. As each generation comes, each generation has to learn the knowledge of its predecessors as they die off.. But if I live forever — I can just master knowledge and wisdom continuously. How awesome would that be?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

On 5.6.2017 at 4:07 AM, elias said:

what is your vision for life?

Technically we are animals. Animals do: 1. eat, 2. reproduce, 3. sleep and 4. die.

We are going past those stages in future though. Currently, we humans are in a stage of not achieving the new levels and neither very willing to be animals either. That is the dilemma of our generation.

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle