Brivido

Why Am I Not My Body?

30 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, jse said:

Are you your skin?  Your toenails?  Your hair?
Are you your fingers?  Your hands?  Your arms?
Are you your nose?  Your face?  Your head?

Are you your body?

Best to ask what you are not.

What would happen if I cut off your head? Real you would not die but simply move to another just born human being while jse would cease to exist?
What would happen with me when Lai founds out?
How much of what jse has experienced/learned/etc. would appear in his new incarnation? If jse has achieved let's say 10 out od 10 000 on englithment scale, would new body start from 0, or would it start from let's say 5 and have some sort of tendencies towards seeking enlightment since in previous life it showed interest in int?

52 minutes ago, Morten said:

What would happen if I cut off your head? Real you would not die but simply move to another just born human being while jse would cease to exist?
What would happen with me when Lai founds out?
How much of what jse has experienced/learned/etc. would appear in his new incarnation? If jse has achieved let's say 10 out od 10 000 on englithment scale, would new body start from 0, or would it start from let's say 5 and have some sort of tendencies towards seeking enlightment since in previous life it showed interest in int?

Interesting questions!
Is our learning and experience part of our head's memory, lost forever when our body dies?  Or is it part of something much deeper, survives our brief life?

I'll try your suggestion soon (cut off José's head) and see if any answers come out of this.

Fundamentally you think you're all alone.
This is true, you are alone.

Except that you created an infinity of you to experience yourself.
We called this "love".

So after your death, the only thing that can happen is the same experience, or the same sort of experience when you were born.
In other words, we all know very well that after people die, other people are born.

And they are all you, only you can experience one at a time.
Everybody is I, you all know you’re you, and wheresoever beings exist throughout all galaxies, it doesn’t make any difference.

You are all of them.
And when they come into being, that’s you coming into being.

You know that very well, only you don’t have to remember the past in the same way you don’t have to think about how you work your thyroid gland, or whatever else is it in your organism.

You don’t have to know how to shine the sun.
You just do it, like you breath.

Alan Watts

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Lai said:

Is our learning and experience part of our head's memory, lost forever when our body dies?  Or is it part of something much deeper, survives our brief life?

Memories of our past life have been prevented by nature. There is a reason for it.  a single life's memories are difficult to bear - should the memories of the past lives break the barrier and flood in, a person can go mad. Unless you develop the capacity to remain undisturbed by any memory or thought, you can't remember past lives.

1 hour ago, Morten said:

Krishna said in Gita

There is no destruction, O Arjuna, 
For such a yogi either here or hereafter. 
A transcendentalist is never put to grief, My dear friend.

The unsuccessful yogi is reborn, 
After attaining heaven and living there for many years, 
In the house of the pure and prosperous; or

Such a yogi is born in a family 
Of wise transcendentalists. 
A birth like this is very difficult, indeed, 
To obtain in this world.

After taking such a birth, O Arjuna, 
One regains the knowledge acquired 
In the previous life, and strives again 
To achieve perfection.

The unsuccessful yogi is instinctively carried 
Towards Brahman by virtue of Sanskaara 
Of yogic practices of previous lives. 
Even the inquirer of Brahman 
Surpasses those who perform Vedic rituals.

The yogi who diligently strives, 
Perfecting through many incarnations, 
Becomes completely free from all sins 
And reaches the supreme goal.

1 minute ago, jse said:

That Krishna guy sure talks a lot, eh

Krishna is the most colourful and lovable figure in Indian mythology. Chief characteristic of a religious person has been that he is somber, serious and sad-looking — like one vanquished in the battle of life, like a renegade from life. In the long line of such sages it is Krishna alone who comes dancing, singing and laughing.

Every religion, up to now, has divided life into two parts, and while they accept one part they deny the other, Krishna alone accepts the whole of life. Acceptance of life in its totality has attained full fruition in Krishna. That is why India held him to be a perfect incarnation of God.

Krishna man and his philosophy - by Osho

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Indian_Mystics/Krishna_The_Man_and_his_Philosophy.pdf

368f377677ed20678d00858153789d06.jpg

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Krishna alone accepts the whole of life. Acceptance of life in its totality has attained full fruition in Krishna.

yup, the reason why he used to steal maakhan (butter) and tease gopiya (the women of vrindavan village) :|

@Brivido you should watch ALL of Leo's enlightenment series.  Also one of his videos in the series describes the Hindu Neti Neti method.  One thing you will discover hopefully is that you are not your body or mind.  The first step is where you make the transformation from identifying with body and mind.....then in the next higher state of consciousness you become the witness of body and mind.    There are more stages culminating in God Consciousness.

14 hours ago, Brivido said:

This is another statement that I have never understood, if it is not an experience then what is it? Everything around us is an experience, a perception. How can someone "experience" enlightenment, if it is not an experience? 

Enlightenment is being no longer ignorant of what is and is not true. Truth is, and it contains no story to prove itself to be true. It can only be. It can only be known. It is a knowing which transcends language which logic cannot grasp. An enlightened person is the embodiment of truth and no longer recognized ignorance or untruths. It cannot because to acknowledge ignorance is to be ignorant.

Experience is a change from one state to another. We can experience awakenings, but enlightenment is fully awoken and no more changing required. The person only knows truth, and lives it. A true human being. Genuine. Real. Is.

14 hours ago, Brivido said:

This is another statement that I have never understood, if it is not an experience then what is it? Everything around us is an experience, a perception. How can someone "experience" enlightenment, if it is not an experience? 

The objects can be outside you, in the material world; the objects can be inside you, in your psychological world; the objects can be in your heart, feelings, emotions, sentiments, moods. The objects can be even in your spiritual world. And they are so ecstatic that one cannot imagine there can be more. Many mystics of the world have stopped at ecstasy. It is a beautiful spot, a scenic spot, but they have not arrived home yet.

That’s what J. Krishnamurti, for his whole life, continued to say: that when the observer becomes the observed, know that you have arrived.

Enjoy the journey and enjoy all the scenes that come on the journey— but don’t stop anywhere unless your very subjectivity becomes its own object. When the observer is the observed, when the knower is the known, when the seer is the seen, the home has arrived.